MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

spunky

one more sleep till this comes out and us UK girls can order
th_DANCE.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Louder Please was not red. I was so bummed. It is so close to Passionate (which I have) so I skipped it.

If you are still searching for a true red. Sugarpill have an insanely pigmented matte true red (Love+). It's gorgeous. There is a Sugarpill swatch thread here, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
-Going Bananas e/s - This doesn't look very yellow on me. I'm disappointed. I will probably send it back -Is there a time limit for returning items on mac.com? I couldn't find any reference to the time limit on the site.

I dont think you can return stuff online if you have used it. I think it has to be in condition received & resell-able. At least that's how it is in the UK (though we do often get the bum of of the deal)
smiles.gif

Susanne

These lipglasses are hot!!
heart.gif
So vibrant and pigmented!!

But I was strong and just got Dare To Wear. This is the one I will wear a lot!

And I love all the eyeshadows. Of course.

I have all now expect Sky Blue
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
heart.gif

yes.gif

yay! enjoy your goodies!
greengrin.gif

Babylard

shockaholic really disapoints me. i really had to scrape at it, build, and pack it on the outer-V and crease cuz it was looking muddy otherwise (time consuming, but it still looked good at the end though). and all it took for louder please was a swipe to get the desired pigmentation. i was expecting more from shockaholic! tomorrow is sassy grass

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
one more sleep till this comes out and us UK girls can order
th_DANCE.gif

fingers crossed it shows up on the site tommorow!
tong.gif
they like to tease us! gits!

Quote:
heart.gif

yes.gif

awesome! i'm pleased you like your goodies!
smiles.gif

bellaboomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
this is the week for the collection to hit the uk! whoop whoop!
smiles.gif
come to me super bright shadows and insanely pretty glosses!

i am loving that everybody is enjoying their hauls and i always appriciate everybodies mini reviews on the products
smiles.gif
helps me out so much because i can never see things in person!

Can't wait till you get your stuff! I think you had said you were getting bold and brash (that is my favorite) and I look forward to your review. Have fun!
th_thstars.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
Can't wait till you get your stuff! I think you had said you were getting bold and brash (that is my favorite) and I look forward to your review. Have fun!
th_thstars.gif

cheers hun!
th_hug.gif
yup bold and brash is coming home with me!
smiles.gif
i wish i could buy the entire collection really! bar the items i already have of course, but sadly there just isn't enough money for it!

missboss82

I picked up Going Bananas(B2M) and Lime, which I have to say I am in love with. I didn't look at any of the glosses, but after all the swatches that I saw I ordered Ban this and Bold & Brash, I have to stay away from the internet.

Kirsty

Quote:
^^^ Just MUFE #92, or maybe Vibrant Grape from the pro line? (It is pro, isn't it?)

Yes it is Pro ^
smiles.gif
however, you cant beat MUFE 92
love.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Yes it is Pro ^
smiles.gif
love.gif

Agreed. I'm not at all upset about Shockoholic not working out... I have my #92 and that's all the deep dark purple I need
greengrin.gif

Flaminbird

I got onto LiveChat just now and asked about the problem I had at the MAC store with the B2M depotted e/s. She told me the girl wasnt correct in what she did and that she should've taken the empty pots back. ARGGHHH!! She suggested next time I depot my e/s to leave the inner plastic part in there since they dont take the metal pans. I also told the rep on live chat that the girl told me this was a brand new policy that they arent taking the empty pots back at all! She was very nice and told me to send the pots into them rather then dealing with the store so I guess I'll do that.

Here's what she said:
Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. Your personal Makeup Artist will be with you shortly.
Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Jara. How may I assist you?
Michelle: Hi Jara. I had a question about an experience I had at a store this weekend when I tried to B2M
Jara: Hi Michelle!
Michelle: I took in 5 empty depotted eyeshadow pots and the girl told me I was not allowed because they were depotted. This is the first I've heard of this
Michelle: I've taken my depotted eyeshadows many times to this store
Jara: The official rules are that the packaging needs to be whole. Some stores are very literal about this. Feel free to return them online if you wish.
Michelle: ok that would be great.
Michelle: Yes the only thing missing was the middle plastic pan and metal pan
Jara: For information on the Back-to-MAC recycling program, please click here.
Michelle: ok thanks!
Jara: This link will show you how to return online.
Michelle: ok thank you. I will do that.
Jara: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
Michelle: no that's all. I was afraid that the young girl whom I've never seen before wasnt quite correct in what she told me. She told me it was a brand new policy

peachsuns

Quote:
^^^ Just MUFE #92, or maybe Vibrant Grape from the pro line? (It is pro, isn't it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Yes it is Pro ^
smiles.gif
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Agreed. I'm not at all upset about Shockoholic not working out... I have my #92 and that's all the deep dark purple I need
greengrin.gif

Thank you, ladies!!!
I swatched MUFE #92 once, and it was very vibrant and pigmented.
yes.gif

*putting it on her wish list*
greengrin.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I got onto LiveChat just now and asked about the problem I had at the MAC store with the B2M depotted e/s. She told me the girl wasnt correct in what she did and that she should've taken the empty pots back. ARGGHHH!! She suggested next time I depot my e/s to leave the inner plastic part in there since they dont take the metal pans.

Whew. I just love how we all get so much wrong information because MAC can't seem to get everyone on the same page. If they stopped taking back depotted shadows, I'd never have anything to b2m!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Does anyone know any perm eyeshadow close to Shock-a-holic but with a better color payoff? TIA!
tong.gif

If you look at Erine's swatches in the swatch thread, Nocturnelle is also quite close. Different finish, of course.
smiles.gif

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
these came out on thursday. we sold out of ban this and gimme that friday night.

The MA in the MAC store at Times Square told me the pink color already sold out on earlier that day (Friday), then when she went for the other 2 I wanted she said there was one left.

I figured she was exaggerating to get a sale. Now I see she could have been telling the truth- I'd better hurry up and get backups. Thankfully in the NYC metro area there must be 20 MAC counters/stores at least.

GlamQueen21

I swatched Shock-A-Holic at my MAC store and was disappointed of the color payoff. I'm skipping that e/s and will aim for Louder, Please e/s and maybe Sky Blue, Aqua and Lime.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I got onto LiveChat just now and asked about the problem I had at the MAC store with the B2M depotted e/s. She told me the girl wasnt correct in what she did and that she should've taken the empty pots back. ARGGHHH!! She suggested next time I depot my e/s to leave the inner plastic part in there since they dont take the metal pans. I also told the rep on live chat that the girl told me this was a brand new policy that they arent taking the empty pots back at all! She was very nice and told me to send the pots into them rather then dealing with the store so I guess I'll do that.

My counter wouldn't take my depots either. DO you think I can just send them in online? Thanks, Michelle for the info!

I still haven't gotten my black box today.
weeping.gif

Latest posts