MAC - Nail Trend F/W 2010 Discussion

sweetkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
If that's the case, I will be skipping.
yes.gif
Too much effort.
nonono.gif

Agreed. These look like they'd be a PITA to remove, not worth it in my opinion.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkitty
Agreed. These look like they'd be a PITA to remove, not worth it in my opinion.

Exactly. This is a skip for me now. More money saved, I guess.
cutey.gif

Rinstar

I was going to pass on these, but I got Ming Blue. I haven't tried it yet, but it's so pretty in the bottle, I couldn't resist!

laylalovesmac

Temptalia's swatches REALLY make me want Jade Dragon and Rain of Flowers especially. But, I must stay strong!!!! Staining isn't worth it.
nope.gif

TeresitaMC

^ I agree! Or else I'd get one
love.gif

I am thinking about Earthly Harmony but not sure if I'll get any...it's purrrty though! Hmmm...decisions, descions!

TealAngel

I am really glad I only bought two colors from this collection (Jade Dragon
heart.gif
and Earthly Harmony) due to staining reports in various reviews. I think the staining happened with the darker colors. I was going to get Rain of Flowers, but decided against it. Glad I did(for the staining reason only, not the color)!

Meryl

How much staining can they do if you use a base coat? My dark Chanels and dark China Glazes would probably stain as well if I didn't use a base coat. Are these worse?

In any case, I bought Ming Blue. Concubine and Imperial Flower. I'll swatch them and let everyone know if they stain with a base coat.

I don't want to do it now since I have a lovely mani-pedi I just finished and I don't want to take it off just yet.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
do they stain even when a base coat is used?

i went to try them at the counter, none of them left any obvious stains with opi nail envy as base coat and removed with zoya remove+

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
do they stain even when a base coat is used?

i never wear a base coat so i have no idea.
th_dunno.gif

BeautyPsycho

They shouldnt stain if you use a base coat, or at least not that bad.
I got Jade Dragon and it's on my nails now. It's a very pretty color and pigmentation is awesome. Two coats, but I always do really, really thin coats. If you do thicker coats, one would probably be enough.
It also dried surprisingly fast, but it doesn't look shiny on its own. That's fine because I always use a top coat anyways, but I'm just saying so people who don't use it know about it.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i went to try them at the counter, none of them left any obvious stains with opi nail envy as base coat and removed with zoya remove+

awesome!
smiles.gif
i usually wear a base coat because i have ridges in my nails and essie's ridge filling base coat does the job
smiles.gif
so this makes me happy!

Shadowy Lady

Earthly Harmony can def not be duped by ChG Ingrid. Ingrid is much darker and also has less fine glitters. I have them both and love them:

IMG_4432.jpg

Ingrid by ChG on the left, Earthly Harmony by MAC on the right.

Ming Blue is similar to Orly's Lunar Eclipse. Lunar Eclipse has more purple flash to it IRL:
IMG_4430.jpg

Ming blue on the left, Lunar Eclipse on the right

I ended up withEarthy Harmony and Jade Dragon only. The rest are also beautiful, I just happened to have dupes in my stash already
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Earthly Harmony can def not be duped by ChG Ingrid. Ingrid is much darker and also has less fine glitters. I have them both and love them:

IMG_4432.jpg

Ingrid by ChG on the left, Earthly Harmony by MAC on the right.

thanks pretty lady!
winkiss.gif

i actually like ingrid better. definately gonna get it over EH!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
thanks pretty lady!
winkiss.gif

i actually like ingrid better. definately gonna get it over EH!

yes i bought ingrid a couple of weeks ago and i freaking love it! i never thought i'd love a brown nail polish but it really is pretty! i insist you buy it asap!
tong.gif

liba

I wasn't sure about Earthly Harmony since I'm still in love with In the Buff as my offbeat neutral ('wore it all summer like an addiction - I've got lots of khaki and olive green clothes).

After swatching it, I had to get it....blended with my skin tone perfectly and canceled out any redness around the cuticles and fingers.

Got Jade Dragon too!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I wasn't sure about Earthly Harmony since I'm still in love with In the Buff as my offbeat neutral ('wore it all summer like an addiction - I've got lots of khaki and olive green clothes).

Ok, this did it for me.. I thought, screw it... I'm getting EH. Then I can stop thinking about it.

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Ok, this did it for me.. I thought, screw it... I'm getting EH. Then I can stop thinking about it.

Just swatch it first - these weird greyish off neutrals can be fussy and look great with one person's skin and like you stuck your fingers in poop with another's.

I remember craving Paper Bag from Pret A Papier but it just looked awful on me and I passed. I'm sure In the Buff looks horrible on some people too, but I am obsessed with it on me.

Latest posts