Ontario, Canada

Hairspray that works on fine hair in humidity?

I have really fine, straight hair that uncurls itself almost immediately after I curl it. The only thing I've ever had work reasonably well was Joico Con-text, and that's been discontinued.

I browsed the selection of new salon-quality hairsprays available and it seems infinite (it literally took me five years to finish that bottle). There were a lot of different kinds that looked good, including a Redken one that promised to be humid-proof... there's Aerogel, which seems to have a buzz...

If anyone can recommend a hairspray that's worth a damn for fine hair in humidity, I would greatly appreciate it. I prefer to use salon products, for a couple of reasons but mainly because the scents are easier for me to tolerate (I bought a bottle of drugstore stuff that smells like celery. Yuck)

Lincoln, ne

Re: Hairspray that works on fine hair in humidity?

Definetly try Hold Me Tight by Paul Mitchell.. Omfg, I love that spray. It's great for backcombing too.

i like the humidity blocking hairspary from living proof!

Long Island, NY

As I like my hair not to be at all sticky, but still have great hold & comb-ability, I love Nick Chavez' Plump & Thick Thickening Hairspray. He also has a Plump & Thick Shampoo & Conditioner. While I can't attest to the conditioner yet, I love the shampoo. Currently, I'm using Mane & Tail Conditioner for thickening. NC has a full line of Voluminizing products also. Check out QVC for the full line of his products & to read reviews. You can also get many of them for less on ebay, however, with QVC, you can purchase the products & if you hate them, you can return them with a prepaid label for a full refund except you won't get your original shipping refunded.
    - MUFE HD 120
    - BE Medium Beige with a touch of Golden Medium added in for a hint*more yellow
    - MAC:*Not quite an NC30 as it's a little too dark for me as it doesn't have enough yellow*in it.
    - Mehron HD:**Both ME1*& ME2
    - RCMA:* Both KO1 or KO2

I use hairspray by Matrix essentials. I have to curl my bangs so they aren't weird looking. Then I spray my entire head...and that hair isn't going anywhere, even if I sweat a lot. It only comes out once I wash it.
    Have a beauty blog, vlog, or website? As a full-time professional Internet Marketer, it is my passion to help ladies monetize their websites properly. It would be my honor to help you make more money for free. Please PM me if interested.

Finishing Spray by Aquage is pretty good stuff as well! it's worked on every one of my fine-haired client it's touched!

Hold It! from Sally's is my fav. It's a blue can with a yellow cap. It's been 90degrees and humid here lately and my hair stays in place with it. It's also a beauty pageant fav and u know they love keeping their hair in place lol.