Burberry Beauty

Monsy

I am glad they are improving their formulas. .Whatever I have tried before was meh. OK but just average in a nice packaging and with a brand name. Finally they are realizing they need to step up their game

awickedshape

I am glad they are improving their formulas. .Whatever I have tried before was meh. OK but just average in a nice packaging and with a brand name. Finally they are realizing they need to step up their game
I agree. Gimme more, Burberry.

Bronwyn

Do you keep your boxes? If so, then you'll want to exchange. I don't keep mine so I wouldn't so long as the compact is fine.
I do keep the boxes but I think I need to do a clear out as its not necessary. I think it would be more of a hassle to return I'm just a bit annoyed that I paid s high price and it wasn't in perfect condition box wise.

Bronwyn

I have a love hate relationship with wet dry shadows specifically with Nars and Charlotte tilbury. I find they run sheer on me

Monsy

I do keep the boxes but I think I need to do a clear out as its not necessary. I think it would be more of a hassle to return I'm just a bit annoyed that I paid s high price and it wasn't in perfect condition box wise.
I think you are fine with just dent in the box. Have you seen how one of my burrbery items arrived?

Vineetha

I think you are fine with just dent in the box. Have you seen how one of my burrbery items arrived?

icon_eek.gif
What was it? The palette????

BlahWah

The foundation samples Nordies sent in screw-top jars got all over my pretty boxes! Thankfully only 2 boxes at the time but still, blotched with beige...

For those who may be wondering about the new Fresh Glow Foundation, I've been trying out Beige. I was also sent Porcelain based on my previous purchase of Trench 5 but I find it too pale and a bit pinkish for me. For reference, I lean towards NC25 in the winter, and a tad darker than NC30 in the summer (not enough for NC35).

I've been applying with my MAC 187 for something quick and light. My expectations and standards are different now that I'm a stay-at-home parent: I don't need great longevity, wonderful coverage, or keeping things super-matte, just enough to make my skin look a bit more polished, even out my redness, and hopefully give a bit of a glow. Leaning more towards no-makeup makeup, as is Burberry's aesthetic. The new foundation definitely fits that bill. I've been having breakouts along my jawline from snuggling the kiddos and I usually don't need to use concealer unless the breakouts are really angry, like on the the couple days. My T-zone gets a bit of a glow but doesn't look greasy (at least, not to me!). I don't usually use powder to set. It seems to have more slip than the original foundation when applying, but that could be because my foundations are older (i.e. not as fresh) and are against a cold wall.

Overall I think Fresh Glow Sheer is a great foundation but if I want a workhorse foundation, I'd be using Hourglass Immaculate. I haven't directly compared it to the original Sheer foundation yet, which I'll try to use all of next week. It's not enough to make me want to ditch and replace my current foundations, altho part of it is my wallet needing to stay happy!

Alysse011

The foundation samples Nordies sent in screw-top jars got all over my pretty boxes! Thankfully only 2 boxes at the time but still, blotched with beige... For those who may be wondering about the new Fresh Glow Foundation, I've been trying out Beige. I was also sent Porcelain based on my previous purchase of Trench 5 but I find it too pale and a bit pinkish for me. For reference, I lean towards NC25 in the winter, and a tad darker than NC30 in the summer (not enough for NC35). I've been applying with my MAC 187 for something quick and light. My expectations and standards are different now that I'm a stay-at-home parent: I don't need great longevity, wonderful coverage, or keeping things super-matte, just enough to make my skin look a bit more polished, even out my redness, and hopefully give a bit of a glow. Leaning more towards no-makeup makeup, as is Burberry's aesthetic. The new foundation definitely fits that bill. I've been having breakouts along my jawline from snuggling the kiddos and I usually don't need to use concealer unless the breakouts are really angry, like on the the couple days. My T-zone gets a bit of a glow but doesn't look greasy (at least, not to me!). I don't usually use powder to set. It seems to have more slip than the original foundation when applying, but that could be because my foundations are older (i.e. not as fresh) and are against a cold wall. Overall I think Fresh Glow Sheer is a great foundation but if I want a workhorse foundation, I'd be using Hourglass Immaculate. I haven't directly compared it to the original Sheer foundation yet, which I'll try to use all of next week. It's not enough to make me want to ditch and replace my current foundations, altho part of it is my wallet needing to stay happy!
Where were you able to get samples of the new foundation from? I Live Chatted with Nordstrom and the person had no clue what I was talking about and directed me to the fresh glow luminizer.

BlahWah

Where were you able to get samples of the new foundation from? I Live Chatted with Nordstrom and the person had no clue what I was talking about and directed me to the fresh glow luminizer.
I ordered over the phone directly with the Burberry sales associate. I was originally going to pay over the phone and have my brother in Calgary pick up the goodies but the SA said he would waive shipping (score!!). I asked him about samples and assumed the little packets but got the screw tops instead.

Alysse011

I ordered over the phone directly with the Burberry sales associate. I was originally going to pay over the phone and have my brother in Calgary pick up the goodies but the SA said he would waive shipping (score!!). I asked him about samples and assumed the little packets but got the screw tops instead.
Thank you!

Bronwyn

The foundation samples Nordies sent in screw-top jars got all over my pretty boxes! Thankfully only 2 boxes at the time but still, blotched with beige... For those who may be wondering about the new Fresh Glow Foundation, I've been trying out Beige. I was also sent Porcelain based on my previous purchase of Trench 5 but I find it too pale and a bit pinkish for me. For reference, I lean towards NC25 in the winter, and a tad darker than NC30 in the summer (not enough for NC35). That is bad! Id be so annoyed I've been applying with my MAC 187 for something quick and light. My expectations and standards are different now that I'm a stay-at-home parent: I don't need great longevity, wonderful coverage, or keeping things super-matte, just enough to make my skin look a bit more polished, even out my redness, and hopefully give a bit of a glow. Leaning more towards no-makeup makeup, as is Burberry's aesthetic. The new foundation definitely fits that bill. I've been having breakouts along my jawline from snuggling the kiddos and I usually don't need to use concealer unless the breakouts are really angry, like on the the couple days. My T-zone gets a bit of a glow but doesn't look greasy (at least, not to me!). I don't usually use powder to set. It seems to have more slip than the original foundation when applying, but that could be because my foundations are older (i.e. not as fresh) and are against a cold wall. Overall I think Fresh Glow Sheer is a great foundation but if I want a workhorse foundation, I'd be using Hourglass Immaculate. I haven't directly compared it to the original Sheer foundation yet, which I'll try to use all of next week. It's not enough to make me want to ditch and replace my current foundations, altho part of it is my wallet needing to stay happy!

Winthrop44

Just ordered Dusky Mauve and one of the new lipsticks in shade Rose Blush (that one sounded like a safe bet). They should arrive tomorrow. :yahoo: I missed out on old eyeshadows, they are gone from the website. 
Yay! Can't wait to hear what you think of the lipstick.

LivN

I love Burberry's original formulas. Except for the mascara, everything else I tried exceeded expectations (eyeshadows, lip glosses, lipsticks, sheer foundation, blushes, compact highlighter). I'm annoyed that I have to test everything again, even though it looks like they are doing great job with these new formulas. I wish they would introduce more shades and finishes in their powder blush range, but the quality of the powder as far as I'm concerned is amazing. I think their colours, formulas and finishes are never over the top, they aim at natural, healthy looking makeup which is why I love the brand.
sigh.gif

Anyway, my new lippy and eyeshadow are here. Dusky Mauve is gorgeous! I agree, it looks more brown when swatched but it is such a complex shade - there's grey and purple in it and it looks very flattering on my brown, slightly hazel, eyes. The formula is softer than the old one, which I'm not sure I like as I find that kind of formula usually over-blends. I haven't tried it with the primer or wet yet, will report on that next week :)

The lipstick I love as well. I'm pale and without much pigment in my lips so I can definitely build it up to the desired intensity. I'm not sure it this would be the case on darker lips though with this particular shade. The formula is soooo creamy, feels so nice on the lips. And it has enough pigment for colour to stay visible once the creamy layer disappears. One layer would be more pigmented than Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine for example, it's heavier formula and stays on for longer.

The shade of Rose Blush is a combination of red and mauve pink, with a bit of blue in it which gives it a 'bruse' like tint. This is more obvious indoors, outside in a sunlight it's more red. Again, beautiful, complex shade. Hand swatch doesn't do it justice.
heart.gif

Latest posts