Burberry Beauty

Camnagem

I'm really interested in Burberry's new beauty line!

I know it's just starting to roll-out now in very limited locations, but has anyone tried anything yet? I love the packaging, and can't wait to get my hands on some!

I think I'm the most interested in the lip products (lip junkie), but will probably also give a blush and eyeshadow a try down the line.

So, any thoughts? First impressions? Lemmings?

moonrevel

As a total packaging and gimmick h00r, I am so jazzed about getting something from this line, probably a lippie, just so I can have something from it! I can't resist the plaid!

TheTeenageMuse

Gah, sometimes I feel like brands depend on their trade marks too often. It's inspired by tartan? Really? Good grief just a little bit of originality please! But of course i'll be first in line to pick up that cute plaid engraved lipstick! :p

Twinkle_Twinkle

Meh. Granted I haven't seen anything in person, only pictures, but the line looks incredibly uninspired. Those prices for a neutral, matte eye shadow? Seriously? It's laughable. Now they may have great face products, but I won't be wearing any of them because the color range is very limited.

I think luxury lines like Giorgio Armani and Guerlain make great, unique products that you don't mind splurging on. But I was lost in a sea of beige when I looked through that collection.

Winthrop44

Here are some more from Karla's site, more e/s. I am pretty tempted by that Lavender Blue one!

Guest Swatcher: Burberry, Bellevue - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

And some from Cafemakeup too:

http://cafemakeup.com/2010/07/burber...ood-eyeshadow/

http://cafemakeup.com/2010/07/burber...wood-lipstick/

I ordered the Rosewood lipstick directly from Burberry as it is backordered at Nordies. I was also interested in the Nude gloss but that's backordered on both sites so I skipped it for now. If you sign up for e-mail on the Burberry site they'll send you a welcome code for free shipping.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Here are some more from Karla's site, more e/s. I am pretty tempted by that Lavender Blue one!

Guest Swatcher: Burberry, Bellevue - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

I ordered the Rosewood lipstick directly from Burberry as it is backordered at Nordies. I was also interested in the Nude gloss but that's backordered on both sites so I skipped it for now. If you sign up for e-mail on the Burberry site they'll send you a welcome code for free shipping.

In that ^ link, what is the es name for the first upper left photo? If its there, or on the box, I cannot read it
th_wink3.gif

elegant-one

I need another makeup line addiction like I need another makeup line addiction
lol.gif

But, I love the makeup in the promo photos a lot!!! I have to see/feel these in person.

elegant-one

Quote:

I asked in the comments section on Karla's site. She says it's Rosewood but that the swatcher says it looks more brown in person.

Really. I would have guessed Antique Rose also. I like that shade. Thanks!

Camnagem

I'm pretty sure I'll cave soon and order a few things.
th_crazy.gif

Right now I'm looking at Nude Beige, Cameo, and Cameo Pink l/s and the matching glosses. I think I'll start with one l/s and gloss and see how that goes. I'm leaning towards Cameo, it looks so pretty!

I love the imprint on the lipstick!
sigh.gif

TheTeenageMuse

For reference I'm NC45 Brown hair/eyes, West Indian
Okay so here it goes:

I stopped by Holts today to pick something up from Chanel when I spotted the Burberry counter and immediately made a beeline towards it. I was surprised because I thought they were coming out later.

They have a nice selection of eyeshadows in person but I think many are dupable. One I was looking at reminded me of Tilt by MAC. I didn't swatch any because I knew I wasn't going to buy any so I can't tell you about the consistency nor the pigmentation.

I was on a hunt for lip products and so we tried a few lipglosses and lipsticks. As opposed to what other's have said I like the colour selection. I think it'll suit many different skin tones and they make nice combos. Nothing is completely unique but they don't really have to be right?

I like the glosses- they are somewhat sheer and pigmented. They are exactly what I expect when I pay $35.00. MAC's are far more sticky/frosty and Dior's lack pigmentation. I tried a couple on, unfortunately I don't remember the name of the one I liked but it was a coral but definitely brownish. I recommend this one for all skin tones as it was very wearable and will work with many lipsticks.

On to the lipsticks. I tried 2 one went well with the lipstick and I think it was a pinkish one..I really have NO idea. The second was No.20 Hibiscus. It truly is the colour I associate with that flower. In the store it looked more of a plummy pink but in my house's flourescent lights it looks more red. I think that outside the sunlight will pick up the pink, I just need to find a complimentary gloss. I'm kind of feeling an inner angst because I have a couple of these colours and I think that people won't be able to tell the difference among them. But they're the only ones I can justify spending over $30 on and this one is light enough for summer. If you have ever tried Givenchy lip product I think they share formulas. The scent is the exact same as is the texture. I think they are slightly drying but I like that because when they don't bleed, and they fade evenly as a stain.

Packaging
In the store the testers were small so I thought that they'd just had a lot of customers using them. I got home opened mine up and actually dropped my jaw at how small it was. 3.8g compared to MACs 3g I think what you'll find is that you need a lot less of this product for it to show, it's very condensed and that the packing is a lot heavier (is that included in weight?) The container is kind of huge but I like it. The side with the most plaid faces the Burberry sign and because it's mirrored the designs fades in and out. You cannot use it as a mirror though. It has a magnetic close which automatically adjusts itself. But the product looks VERY small now that I examine it, so careful you don't break it. I might not repurchase just because of how little product there is. Reminds me of when I was little and got samples when my mom went to Fashion Fair. :S

I've never owned a YSL lippie but while I was in the store I tried some on. I would say the YSL are superior in scent and texture but I couldn't find a colour that convinced me. Mind you I was looking at baby pinks that I know won't work on my skin tone and I think the part of my brain thinking about my wallet and was hoping I would fail in finding a lovely colour. I will say that they Burberry lipsticks are nice as a novelty, I might get one or two more but definitely not the best in the industry. I will go back for the gloss I tried.

On a side note: My MUA was so sweet and even though they close at 7 she kept me 5 minutes while I made up my mind. When I told her I was going to my Spanish class after this she started conversing with me in Spanish. She's from Ecuador! She said that I was a pleasure and I think that she truly meant it, I will definitely buy more just because of how great she was. As a teenager I know it's tough to sell to us because you never know if we're actually going to buy, so when I find associates who are gracious no matter what I hold them in VERY high esteem. It's something super important to me.

Shypo

I'm so happy to see this thread!!

I bought:

Eye

Tea Rose #11
Pale Rose #12
Trench #2

Blush

Rose Blush #3

For some bizarre reason, I'm a sucker for pink shadows....
th_dunno.gif
The Tea Rose eyeshadow is by far my favorite of what I ordered - it's a beautiful warm pink with a slight hint of shimmer - it's probably dupable but I can't think of a color in my (vast) collection that it is close to....

Pale Rose is an irridescent (which surprised me) pale pink color - it reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on what.....it's pretty, but I don't know if it's something I would wear often.

Trench is exactly what it sounds like - a pale beige. To me, boring, and it will probably go back. It really does look just like the trench coat color (
fool.gif
) but I was hoping it would be deeper in tone.

The blush is a pretty vivid rose color with very subtle shimmer - again, not sure I'm going to keep this.

I will post swatches soon -

The packaging is beautiful. Very heavy, so not something you want to bring with you on vacation cuz you'll go over the weight limit with about 2 products.
th_LMAO.gif

I didn't get any lip products, as I want to swatch them first for color/texture - I'm not sure if my Nordie's is going to get the line, but I'm pretty sure the Nordie's in Natick, MA will so I'll hopefully get there soon to check them out. On the other hand, it's probably best to stay in the dark!
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

I decided to use these new products today to see what I think - the shadows are very soft, but the color payoff for me really isn't there. Here is the look, and the swatches of the products........

CIMG1185-2-1.jpg

CIMG1205-1.jpg

CIMG1209-1.jpg

CIMG1211-1.jpg

CIMG1228-1.jpg

L-R: Tea Rose, Trench
th_yawn.gif
, Pale Rose
Bottom: Rose blush

For the look:

Eyes: Pale Rose, Tea Rose, MAC Charcoal Brown (crease), Trench (above crease
sleepy.gif
), Chanel Cassis liner

Cheeks: Burberry Light Glow Rose

Lips: Chanel Legende RC, MAC Easy Lounger l/g

Of the products, I like the blush the best.....the eye shadows are really
noworry.gif
- I'm pretty sure I'll be returning them. If I keep one, it's the Pale Rose (despite my initial excitement over Tea Rose, which ends up also being a snoozer for me). Trench is (on me) a dead-on dupe of MAC Brule. I really only use Brule as a blending color, or on my brow bone, so I don't need 2, especially when one of them is $29!

Overall, I'm really disappointed in this line. Of course, I had high expectations given the brand. Of high-end beauty, I'll be sticking with Chanel and Dior (on occasion).

Winthrop44

Thanks for your review and pics Cheryl! I think you look very pretty in these pics, but it's your opinion that matters. Still hoping to like the lipstick I ordered. Will check in when I get it.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I decided to use these new products today to see what I think - the shadows are very soft, but the color payoff for me really isn't there. Here is the look, and the swatches of the products........
Lips: Chanel Legende RC, MAC Easy Lounger l/g

Funny, I thought I really love your lips...read...its chanel
lol.gif

But you do look lovely in the colors & I like the blush on you a lot!

Shypo

Quote:
Thanks for your review and pics Cheryl! I think you look very pretty in these pics, but it's your opinion that matters. Still hoping to like the lipstick I ordered. Will check in when I get it.

Thank you!
blush-anim-cl.gif
I hope you like the lipstick - it isn't that I don't like these products, I just don't think they're worth the expense when I can get the same result with others that I have (the Chanel Demure quad comes to mind) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
lol.gif

Thanks hun!!
kissy.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
lol.gif

How funny Elegant -- I thought "the lips are rockin'" and then I saw Cheryl was wearing Chanel's Legende! I guess nothing will replace Chanel!
smiles.gif

You look very pretty Cheryl -- love the lips. I guess I need to get Legende (can't buy anything until next month) -- when I got that little sample pack I loved it!!

Winthrop44

I thought the same about the lips as well, and then saw it was Chanel + MAC. Guess we all have the appropriate addictions covered already, which is a good thing for our wallets!

Latest posts