MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
A quick note to the ladies who don't think they can wear orange lipstick: You might want to give Neon Orange a try. I don't normally go for orange at all, but I got possessed to try this one day (The Great Enabler had a hand in this) and I was surprised at how nice it looked. I find it runs just slightly pinker than Morange and that makes it wearable for me. As intimidating as it looks in the tube- and it is really bright on application- it's friendlier than a lot of oranges.

Just sayin.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
A quick note to the ladies who don't think they can wear orange lipstick: You might want to give Neon Orange a try. I don't normally go for orange at all, but I got possessed to try this one day (The Great Enabler had a hand in this) and I was surprised at how nice it looked. I find it runs just slightly pinker than Morange and that makes it wearable for me. As intimidating as it looks in the tube- and it is really bright on application- it's friendlier than a lot of oranges.

Just sayin.

I really think I might try it.
yes.gif
We have similar skin tones, so maybe I can pull it off.
th_DANCE.gif

GlamQueen21

Neon Orange l/s has been on my lemmings list for awhile since I don't own any orange lipsticks. I'm so going to add that to my list!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
hmmm thankfully I want nothing. If the new pigment was a red-red instead of fuschia-red, it may have been a different story.
winks.gif

do you have basic red? try it with the new shine MM if you want it non-matte.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Just read the color story and saw this:

Fluidline
Dark Diversion-blackened plum (LE)

yahoo.gif
FINALLY a new fluidline! I am SO excited
smiles.gif

werd.gif
I have been wanting a new fluidline for such a long time! I am excited as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
orange lipstick just isn't for me i'm afraid. not wearable for me at all
ssad.gif

I agree. Orange is about the only lipstick color that I am intimidated by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

Just sayin.

Well I have a similar skintone to you so I might try it at the counter when this collection comes out.

I just looked through my stash and I have madly magenta. I am not sure when I bought it but I have never used it before. Is madly magenta lip safe?

I am really excited for this collection! Woo-hoo for new pigments!!

lilithsnake6

I love Temperature Rising, with my NC30 skintone & plenty of golds & bronzes, it's really fun & bold... but I won't use it up anytime soon, so I won't probably buy any others (unless of course I swatch it at the counter & the devil on my shoulder shouts "Buy Buy Buy", but what's the chances of that?
winks.gif
)

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedseries
mmm....
am the only one that's underwhelmed by this collection?

nope, i think i'll skip this too..

erine1881

Quote:
i'm not sure if Erin can answer this but how opaque was the new fluidline?
smiles.gif

sadly, there weren't any fluidlines there.
ssad.gif

singer82

Anyone have the cream color bases? They sound just like Paint Pots. Maybe I should just not even look in this thread so I can put it all towards the other coll. Cause if I do i'll prob end up getting things from this lol

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
sadly, there weren't any fluidlines there.
ssad.gif

aw that is a shame!
smiles.gif

and the ccb's are a little like paint pots i guess however i find them slighty sticky whereas the paint pots go dry once applied. but perhaps i am alone in thinking this
smiles.gif

tamarindi

Maybe it only happens to me but this description "Dark Diversion-blackened plum" fits exactly the way Macroviolet fluidline turns out on me - a dark plum!
I just want a good purple fluidline...
ssad.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Anyone have the cream color bases? They sound just like Paint Pots.

They can perform some of the same tasks, but I don't think they're very similar.

To me, CCB's are more moist/slippery/almost greasy feeling. Paint pots feel a bit more dense and aren't as wet. I like CCB's on the lips (the lip safe colors) and sometimes as a blush/blush base or for highlighting, but they crease like crazy on my eyes. I wear paint pots every day on my eyes and they never crease, but for me they're too dry to wear anywhere else.

Some people love CCB's as e/s bases and can't stand paint pots, so I think it's one of those products you need to try for yourself before deciding.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
yeah the ccb's tend to crease on my eyes also! paint pots i am fine with though so....

The only one I had was Pearl and I used it sometimes to lighten my dark eyelids b/c I liked the color better than some of the paintpots but it creased on me as well, base or no base. I tried it so many times and it just didn't want to work for me. I think it can depend on how oily your eyelids are. My usage of one now would most definitely on the cheeks or as a highlighter.

shontay07108

All I want is Style Curve lipstick and Follow Your Fancy pigment. That's probably all I'll be able to afford when I'm done with TT.
lol.gif

Shadowy Lady

I'm gonna go against the majority and say that orange lipsticks do not scare me. I don't wear orange that often but when I do I think I can pull if off. I'm gonna try to look for one of my orange lipstick pictures when I get a chance and post it. It's not my fave shade of lipstick to wear (I heart reds and bright pinks) but it's a fun shade to rock sometimes.

The only lipstick shade I cannot pull off (well, besides the crazy blue, green, yello shades) is brown. Never seen a brown lipstick that looks good on me, probably never will either.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Anyone have the cream color bases? They sound just like Paint Pots. Maybe I should just not even look in this thread so I can put it all towards the other coll. Cause if I do i'll prob end up getting things from this lol

I only have one, the one from the Ungaro and MAC collection--I'm blanking on the name right now, but its a grayish lavender color? It is greasier than a paint pot for me. It tugs a lot less going on and tends to crease more, even with the UDPP underneath. Other than that, pretty much like a paint pot, except they are supposed to be safe and used for other things like lips and cheeks. I wonder how they work as cream blushes? If they stay on the cheeks or fade away

Latest posts