MAC - Stylishly Yours Discussion

Teggy

I purchased Something New. What a fun shade of pink! I love a bold lip. Sadly, it clashes with the shirt I'm wearing today, but maybe I'll don it tomorrow.

I also picked up Play It Proper. I'm an NC15 and love the lighter beauty powders. I plan to use this one over blushes as a highlight. Gosh I hope it works as a highlight. It's even more pale than Oh So Fair!

sss215

I saw this collection today and I will say Virgin Isle is a go for me. It will look great under some of my NARS blushes, as well as alone. Since I don't have any colors like this for the lips, I am going to use it there.

Movie Star Red did not show up like a true red on me. It turned deep pink on me. I will pass on it.

Dark Diversion looks just like Bat Black CCB, and I think it will make a good base for some looks, but I am on the fence about it. It comes in too small of a container to use as a base.

Follow you Fancy pigment is very pretty. I can't justify having a whole pigment jar of the color. It would make a pretty shadow if MAC ever chooses to do something similar in pan form. All the pigments are hot! I am just gearing up for the Peacocky and Mickey C shadows to focus on any of them.

Style Curve is pretty, Cockney is a very pretty red. Since Cockney is perm, I am going to hold off.

That's all I was looking at. can't wait for the Jan 6th collections!

elegant-one

Aww, that sucks Elegant. I use Too Chic to set my foundation like I said before. Sometimes I use it over my blush. I see a nice glow in my pictures. Play It Proper seemed a little ashy when I swatched it. I think Mac should just do a collection of BP's in a range of shades from the fairest to the darkest. That would be awesome. About 6 or 7 shades of BP's.

Thats an awesome idea! In all fairness, I didn't brush it over my face. But, it seemed crazy sheer to nothing on the back of my hand.

laylalovesmac

Aww, that sucks Elegant. I use Too Chic to set my foundation like I said before. Sometimes I use it over my blush. I see a nice glow in my pictures. Play It Proper seemed a little ashy when I swatched it. I think Mac should just do a collection of BP's in a range of shades from the fairest to the darkest. That would be awesome. About 6 or 7 shades of BP's.

I'll try, but I can't promise what will happen when I'm putting things in my cart.

I would love a collection of BPs! I'd be so broke but sooooo happy! They are my favorite thing in the world!
love.gif

kelly815

Whats the difference? I dont have any BPBs are they just more pigmented? what size r they? ohh god are any perm? Im going tomorrow haha

shontay07108

BPB's aren't perm. They are more blush friendly colors. I have one from Style Warriors last year called On A Mission and it's purple. They aren't meant to be used all over the face or to highlight, just blush. I, personally don't love BPB's because it takes more work to get them to show on me. I like super pigmented blushes that require less work. They are the size of a standard Mac blush, I believe.

ButterflyDior77

I ordered:
Something New L/S

And that was a "I don't know if I want it, but maybe I do" moment. I don't need this, but I want it..Hmm

That's all I got from this collection.

Kinakins

Soooo happy it's out. :DDD

I got all the CCB's
Style Curve, Something New, and Neon Orange lipsticks.
And all the pigments except Violet.. figure I'll get it later.
I also got Sin-tillation, Bubble Lounge, and one of the Chromagraphic pencils from Cham Pale.

Also randomly picked up Naked pigment and Dusk ccb

>.< It's a lot... but whatever, I haven't bought anything from MAC in a year.

HMC

Alright Chicas...i just have to say that i went to MAC yesterday and spent ALL of my Christmas money on a sweet haul (some from the collections and some not) and i got two things from this collection: Madly Magenta CCB, and Style Curve l/s and ohhh goodness let me tell you, Style Curve is AMAZING! If you are into purple lips like me, then you NEEEED this lipstick
drools.gif

GlamQueen21

^I don't think Virgin Isle will sell out fast since it's a PRO permanent item. Most likely the pigments will be sold out first.

laylalovesmac

Shontay: I tried. I really did. But, Style Curve jumped into my cart at the last second! I just realized I can't pass a purple cremesheen. Go For It and Lavender Whip would be so lonely.
girlhaha.gif

Also ordered the beauty powders. Small haul, but I'm SO excited for everything!

shontay07108

Shontay: I tried. I really did. But, Style Curve jumped into my cart at the last second! I just realized I can't pass a purple cremesheen. Go For It and Lavender Whip would be so lonely.
girlhaha.gif

Also ordered the beauty powders. Small haul, but I'm SO excited for everything!
I knew you would cave!
lol.gif
It's alright. I think I might get it, too when I hit a Mac store again.

laylalovesmac

I knew I would cave, too.
lol.gif
It just seems too interesting to pass up. A nice mix of pink and purple. Plus, I kind of regret passing on RIS from VV, so I feel like this will sort of make up for it.

Latest posts