Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade
^ It's the other way around for me! I prefer the RAs, since I find some RCs (Rose Dentelle in particular) too creamy/streaky like YSL RVs. Maybe the formula depends on the shade. I also like the click mechanism of the RAs, lol.

I felt the same way about Chintz that came out with ROse Dentelle. It is not like my other 7 RC's at all so please don't base your opinion of RC's on it. I hate YSL RV's as well because I hate lipstick that is too creamy with too much slip. I love RC's because they are the opposite of that without being drying. Please give them another shot ;-)

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I have to try my first Rouge Coco soon!!
yes.gif

Edit: I think it will be Mademoiselle. I will get it with MAC's Hug Me during my fall vacations.

Yes you must try one. Mademoiselle is a great choice. I'm wearing it as we speak
cutey.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
I prefer the RC formula and classic packaging. The RA formula is a little too creamy for me, so it ends up applying a bit streaky on my lips (similar to YSL Rouge Voluptes). The only problem with the RCs is the color range, Chanel really needs to expand it. I'm waiting for the perfect neutral-but-rosy pink RC! Hoping that Holiday's Magnolia RC will be the one.
smiles.gif

I agree. The only RA I have is Genial but I think it is too creamy/streaky/sheer. I too dislike the creaminess/slip of YSL RV's. Chanel really does need to improve the colour range of RC's to match RA's. Most of them are quite dark and being so fair they all end up very dark on me.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Chanel really needs to expand it. I'm waiting for the perfect neutral-but-rosy pink RC! Hoping that Holiday's Magnolia RC will be the one.
smiles.gif

Yep - I agree

switchblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I felt the same way about Chintz that came out with ROse Dentelle. It is not like my other 7 RC's at all so please don't base your opinion of RC's on it. I hate YSL RV's as well because I hate lipstick that is too creamy with too much slip. I love RC's because they are the opposite of that without being drying. Please give them another shot ;-)

Thank you for this! I really want to try Stunning since it's my kind of color, maybe that one will be nicer. I hope it's going to be available on NM or Nordstrom online soon!

mrslid

Quote:
Thank you for this! I really want to try Stunning since it's my kind of color, maybe that one will be nicer. I hope it's going to be available on NM or Nordstrom online soon!

Me too!!!

purrtykitty

Quote:

Me, too. I do my daily trolling of all the Chanel department store online outlets...nothing yet!

Almus

Hello everyone,

Finally I got some free time to go to the Chanel counter this morning, mainly to get a couple of lipsticks since it's the beauty product I lack more. I was 100% sure I was going to get Incognito RA and then, maybe Insouciante RA or RAL in Santal, but when I got there the RA display was half empty
th_dunno.gif
and the store was so full of people that it took me like 5 minutes to get the attention of one of the SAs. I played with all the products and I really liked RA in Mythic, but I have very pigmented lips and I felt afraid it was not going to show up on me, am I wrong?

I couldn't check on Insouciante since the tester was not available and I got Incognito just because I asked for it, cause its tester was also missing. At that point the soft headache I was carrying from home, became in a terrible one, so I just paid the RA and one eyeshadow (Magic Night
greengrin.gif
) and left.

I tried it out just outside the store and I love it! It's going to be my everyday lipstick for sure.

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Hello everyone,

Finally I got some free time to go to the Chanel counter this morning, mainly to get a couple of lipsticks since it's the beauty product I lack more. I was 100% sure I was going to get Incognito RA and then, maybe Insouciante RA or RAL in Santal, but when I got there the RA display was half empty
th_dunno.gif
and the store was so full of people that it took me like 5 minutes to get the attention of one of the SAs. I played with all the products and I really liked RA in Mythic, but I have very pigmented lips and I felt afraid it was not going to show up on me, am I wrong?

I couldn't check on Insouciante since the tester was not available and I got Incognito just because I asked for it, cause its tester was also missing. At that point the soft headache I was carrying from home, became in a terrible one, so I just paid the RA and one eyeshadow (Magic Night
greengrin.gif
) and left.

I tried it out just outside the store and I love it! It's going to be my everyday lipstick for sure.

I'm glad you are loving Incongnito -- is it a rose pink color? I am really interested in Insouciante -- it seems to be backordered on a lot of sites. I would love to try on Mythic also (but my lips aren't that pigmented). Keep us posted on your counter visits!!
smiles.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I'm glad you are loving Incongnito -- is it a rose pink color? I am really interested in Insouciante -- it seems to be backordered on a lot of sites. I would love to try on Mythic also (but my lips aren't that pigmented). Keep us posted on your counter visits!!
smiles.gif

It is. I'd say it has a soft mauve base and you can see a bit of pink shimmer on the tube that is not visible at all on the lips. About Insouciante, the lady at the counter didn't know about it coming anytime soon, but I truly hope it is coming soon. Anyway I'll be phoning in the next few days to check
yes.gif

I'll do!
greengrin.gif

Almus

Soooo I had to go to the shopping mall for a sec in order to get a present for a friend and I've stopped by the cosmetics store in it ... and they got Insouciante RA!
yahoo.gif
As soon as I've arrived hom I have cleaned my lips (I was wearing Incognito, I applied it for the second time today at 5 pm and at 8:30 was almost intact!) and tried it on. It is so far the perfect beige nude for my lips so as you can imagine, I am pretty happy with the purchase.

The only problem is just that I have tried Cashmere RC on my hand and it seemed pretty too. Now I have to check lips swatches to add it to my growing wishlist
choochoo.gif
(next one will be RAL in Santal, no more delays
nonono.gif
)

Bonitinha

Quote:
Soooo I had to go to the shopping mall for a sec in order to get a present for a friend and I've stopped by the cosmetics store in it ... and they got Insouciante RA!
yahoo.gif
As soon as I've arrived hom I have cleaned my lips (I was wearing Incognito, I applied it for the second time today at 5 pm and at 8:30 was almost intact!) and tried it on. It is so far the perfect beige nude for my lips so as you can imagine, I am pretty happy with the purchase.

The only problem is just that I have tried Cashmere RC on my hand and it seemed pretty too. Now I have to check lips swatches to add it to my growing wishlist
choochoo.gif
(next one will be RAL in Santal, no more delays
nonono.gif
)

Yay for getting Insouciante! I've been a lil obsessed with it every since a model was wearing it in their ads. Does it have a tinge of pink to it? I wish I had a Chanel counter close by to check it out in person!

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Yay for getting Insouciante! I've been a lil obsessed with it every since a model was wearing it in their ads. Does it have a tinge of pink to it? I wish I had a Chanel counter close by to check it out in person!

Yes it has! It is a very delicate soft pinky beige. I have just tried it at home, no lip liner, and I have noticed that it turns off a bit my natural lip colour (they are kinda pigmented) but in a good way, not erasing them. I EDIT because I just remembered the ads you are referring to. It's not that pink on my lips or the back of my hand, but definetively more beige than pink. However, I think the model is more pale than me and maybe her lips are very pale too?

Maybe tomorrow I can use my iMac at work to take a pic of it on my lips and on my arm so you can check it out
yes.gif

Just to add that I am in love with Incognito but Insouciante is just as amazing and it will go directly on my take away cosmetics bag!
love.gif

Winthrop44

I tried Insouciante over Beige l/l like the model has on in that ad yesterday and, even on my pigmented lips, the combo looks *exactly* like it does on her. I really love it!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Yes it has! It is a very delicate soft pinky beige. I have just tried it at home, no lip liner, and I have noticed that it turns off a bit my natural lip colour (they are kinda pigmented) but in a good way, not erasing them. I EDIT because I just remembered the ads you are referring to. It's not that pink on my lips or the back of my hand, but definetively more beige than pink. However, I think the model is more pale than me and maybe her lips are very pale too?

Maybe tomorrow I can use my iMac at work to take a pic of it on my lips and on my arm so you can check it out
yes.gif

Just to add that I am in love with Incognito but Insouciante is just as amazing and it will go directly on my take away cosmetics bag!
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I tried Insouciante over Beige l/l like the model has on in that ad yesterday and, even on my pigmented lips, the combo looks *exactly* like it does on her. I really love it!

Both of you ladies have sold me on Insouciante! I just loved that promo ad! But so good to know that both of you are loving it! Is the Chanel Beige l/l similar to MAC Stone l/l?

Winthrop44

The mascara one:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragranc...-Mascara-89091

Originally Posted by Bonitinha:
I am loving the looks and descriptions from you ladies about all of your new goodies! It makes it easier for me to narrow down what I "need"

I did email Chanel about the model for the latest collection (I am a bit obsess with the promo pic). They already responded today:
Thank you for your e-mail regarding our INIMITABLE INTENSE
advertisement. The model in our advertisement is wearing the following
products:

EYES
- Inimitable Intense Mascara in 10 Noir
- Ombres Contraste Duo Eyeshadow in 30 Bleu-Tendre
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof Precision Eyeliner in 30 Marine

FACE
- Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 54 Rose Dust

LIPS
- Le Crayon Lèvres Precision Lip Definer 36 Beige
- Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in 81 Insouciante

Hmmm, that just made my list a bit longer!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
drools.gif
Stop it guys!! I can't afford to start lemming Rouge Allures too!

Makes you wish for a B2M program like MAC's, huh?
greengrin.gif
Of course, Chanel is generous with samples, and last Christmas I made an order (not huge, but decent-sized) and they gave me a full-size mascara for free.

Latest posts