Chanel Glosses - ALL

Camnagem

Welcome to the dark side!!!
graucho.gif

For me, glossimers are wonderful over lipsticks! This is how I wear them the most, but you'll definitely find some that are more opaque and wear very well alone.

I'd be happy to toss a few of my favorite names your way to check out! Are you looking for more of a sparkle/shimmer finish, or something more on the creamy side?

sailordom

I'm definitely looking for something sparkly! I like creamy glosses, too, but I love sparkle on my lips!

Camnagem

The sparkly glossimers are my favorites!
sigh.gif

Ok, it's all personal taste, but...here's my list of pink/red shades to check out:

Pink Teaser
Myriade
Nebula
Courtisane
Magnifique
Venus (Really hard to find, but absolutely gorgeous)

I also think that some of the lighter/more sheer colors like Seashell, Mica or Pailettes look gorgeous over any lip color! I'm sure some of the other Chanel fans will help out too. Have fun!

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordom
What glossimers would you all recommend to someone who owns, well, none?

Yes, the dark side of Chanel is tempting me!
yes.gif

I'm looking for something sparkly to wear with lipsticks -- mostly, I wear berry colors, dark pinks and the occasional coral. Right now, I have mostly regular MAC lipglasses (which are a tad on the sticky side for me, to be honest), a couple of Bobbie Brown glosses (too pricey per ounce IMO) and a few Urban Decay glosses (annoying scent and my boyfriend despises the taste!).

I tried a glossimer once at a Chanel counter and loved the way it felt. But I have no idea which ones to start with! Help enable me!
graucho.gif

I posted a pic on the first page of this thread of the Chanel glossimers that I own. Beware: they are addiciting!!

Honey&LemonGirl

Does anyone know how Waterlily glossimer compares to MAC's Nymphette? I've been looking for that sort of soft pink with a good gold shimmer to it, but I'm not at all a fan of MAC's lipglasses because of their scent and texture.
ssad.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Does anyone know how Waterlily glossimer compares to MAC's Nymphette? I've been looking for that sort of soft pink with a good gold shimmer to it, but I'm not at all a fan of MAC's lipglasses because of their scent and texture.
ssad.gif

I adore Waterlily. Give me a minute & I will go swatch it against Nymphette.

ok, They are both on the same color depth/tone & they both have that same duochrome shimmer look, but Waterlily is more mauve pink & Nymphette is more peach

euphrosyne_rose

Rouge Allure Laque Dragon is calling to me. I've been wanting something red to have on hand and my Dubonnet from MAC started smelling weird. Probably b/c I've had it for ages so I B2M'd it awhile back. I saw some reviews of Dragon and swatches and OMG!! That red is amazing. I'm just wondering if I can pull that off. I'm medium with yellow undertones, around an NC30 at MAC. The other colors are amazing too but I keep getting drawn back to Dragon and of course I love the name!

Honey&LemonGirl

Elegant, thanks for checking for me! I'll probably go with Waterlily then. Mauve-pink with duochrome sounds lovely.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
Rouge Allure Laque Dragon is calling to me. I've been wanting something red to have on hand and my Dubonnet from MAC started smelling weird. Probably b/c I've had it for ages so I B2M'd it awhile back. I saw some reviews of Dragon and swatches and OMG!! That red is amazing. I'm just wondering if I can pull that off. I'm medium with yellow undertones, around an NC30 at MAC. The other colors are amazing too but I keep getting drawn back to Dragon and of course I love the name!

I really think Dragon looks good on everyone. Magic in a tube and it makes your teeth look so white!
lol.gif
It photographs amazingly well. I'm also a fan of Coromandel though (the more orange-red laque), it's a fun red when I'm in the mood for a red lip that isn't as serious/elegant(?) as Dragon.
smiles.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
Elegant, thanks for checking for me! I'll probably go with Waterlily then. Mauve-pink with duochrome sounds lovely.
smiles.gif

Elegant is right, Waterlily is beautiful. It looks great over lipsticks, too
winks.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

If any of you ladies missed out on Confidence RAEG on the Chanel website or at your counters, it is now available on the Nordstrom website. They took the longest time getting the RAEGs online!

Bonitinha

If any of you ladies missed out on Confidence RAEG on the Chanel website or at your counters, it is now available on the Nordstrom website. They took the longest time getting the RAEGs online!

Thank you -- I will go check it out! It keeps selling out everywhere!
EDIT: I saw it on the Chanel website -- so I went ahead and ordered it along with Mythic since there was free shipping. The FedEx guy is going to be wondering what in the world is going on with all of these packages . . .

Bonitinha

For all of you that have tried the Rouge Allure Extrait de glosses (wow, that's a mouthful) -- do you like them more than the Rouge Allure Laque formula? I've had Ming and Santal on my list forever from the RAL line -- but now I'm really wanting to try a few of the Extrait de gloss colors (Confidence an Imaginaire). I can't try them out in person, so it's hard to get an idea of the formula, etc. I'd love your thoughts . . .
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

They are very different to me, and I like them both. The laques are liquid lipstick to me, not really glosses, but they can be layered over lipsticks too. The extrait de glosses are much tackier than the laques. The laques aren't tacky at all on me, they feel like light, creamy liquid on me and are opaque. Extrait de gloss is not opaque but it does delivers colour that can last quite a few hours. Ming is gorgeous and I love it more than Confidence. You may like to get Insolence extrait de gloss - it is a sheer, bright pink! I don't have santal and imaginaire but I do feel like getting them as well.
tong.gif

Bonitinha

^^Thank you Miss QQ -- I went ahead and ordered Confidence RAEG (since it is LE) and will have to for sure keep Ming and Santal on my "to buy" list
smiles.gif
Insolence looks gorgeous in the pics I've seen and I think Imaginaire looks beautiful, too. So much to choose from
winks.gif
I ordered Mythic and think Confidence will look great over top. Too bad they aren't offering mascara as a sample right now, because I would have about 5 of them LOL

Bonitinha

^^I know, it's been on my list forever, too (why don't I own it yet??) This is the swatch that made me want Santal:
http://cafemakeup.com/2010/08/whats-in-your-bag-chanel-santal-rouge-allure-laque/
Looks like an awesome peach nude!

TheTeenageMuse

To buy:
-Santal RAL
-Dragon RAL
-Cosmos Glossimer
-Jupiter Glossimer
-Meteore Glossimer
-Mirage Glossimer
-Nebula Glossimer
-Silex Glossimer

....what a good time to quit my job. I need these in my life NOW.

switchblade

I adore the RALs! I wish they would make more shades soon. Ming is a perfect MLBB for me. I'm tempted by Santal as well.

Does anyone have Magnifique glossimer? Is the golden shimmer gritty on the lips or does it feel smooth?

Bonitinha

I adore the RALs! I wish they would make more shades soon. Ming is a perfect MLBB for me. I'm tempted by Santal as well.

Does anyone have Magnifique glossimer? Is the golden shimmer gritty on the lips or does it feel smooth?
The more talk about Ming -- the more I want it
smiles.gif

I have Magnifique and it is a pretty pink color. It is pigmented on me -- I haven't noticed any grittiness at all. Next time I wear it, I can take a pic
smiles.gif

Latest posts