Chanel Eyeshadows

Miss QQ

I had the chance to swatch a fresh Nymphea quad, baked, at the new chanel makeup studio. The other Nymphea quads I swatched were old and the surfaces were dull and harden. The colour combi in the quad is special and I like it. Thinking of getting it.

Shypo

Nothing like a fresh tester! I've always loved that combo, but somehow it never made it to my must-have list......let us know if you get it and how you like it!

Miss QQ

I will! When I'm at the studio to get the aquarelles I will look at it again. There are a few quads I want but never pick them up such as spices and sparkling satins. Do you have Stage lights? I'm wondering how it compares to Vanities.

Shypo

Stage Lights is much cooler, and paler by comparison - here is a pic. Vanities on the left, Stage Lights on the right (sorry the pic is fuzzy - it was the only one of the ones I took that captured the colors somewhat accurately - the pink in Vanities in the lower left corner is 'pinker' than that, but the other colors are almost dead-on):

You can see I haven't used Stage Lights that much - the colors are not as rich. The deepest purple color doesn't have the greatest payoff, but the others definitely do. It's good for a subtle, cooler purple eye, but more 'spring'-like.

Winthrop44

Oh gee Cheryl, thanks...I like both of those in your pic!
eeksign.gif

Ikram

Hmmm, Vanites looks so great, such elegant colors. I usually dont wear purples, but might try this one, I bet Chanel's purples would be right for me.

Winthrop44

Oops, I see I've been spelling it wrong, lol. Thanks for the info. I see on NM it says it will ship no later than 8/19. So I guess the Sophisticated Eye collection will be here soon.
th_happy1.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Great! Lagons is pretty! I would get it if I don't have Blue Celestes.

Cheryl - Thanks for the pic. Vanities is looking a little brown and grey on my screen. Your description helps a lot, that Stage Lights is cooler and less rich in colour. I wouldn't notice it unless you point it out. :) I got some pics of the quads at the counter. They are baked and look more shimmery, plus the counter lights wash out the colour, especially at the top of the pic.

Stage Lights

Vanities

Eleentje

Vanites was my first Chanel quad, and it is definitely my most favourite one!
I think that there is definitely a difference between the US and European versions of Vanites, but not so much in the actual colour, as the intensity of it.
I had been eyeing the European version for ages, mainly because it had such an amazing colour payoff, when I would swatch it with my finger, but I read that the application for this quad to the actual eyelid is a real pain. You really have to build it, to get a decent colour payoff, otherwise all you'll end up with, is just a light hint of the colour and glitter.
I managed to get myself the US version of the quad, and I don't have this issue at all.

Shypo

Hmmm. So do the colors in the US vs Euro Vanites look different from each other?
I think so - from Miss QQ's pics, the Euro version of Stage Lights is much prettier than my version, but then Vanites looks prettier too! But if it's hard to work with, I'll stick with mine ;).

Eleentje

I think you can really see what I mean in the comparison of these swatch images (they are not mine)

US version:

EURO/Asian version finger swatch. Amazing, isn't it?

Swatched over to the hand. Glitters anyone?

Eleentje

On the second thought, I would like to correct myself. The darkest purple is definitely more towards blue in the Euro version.
I think it is either really similar or the same as Amethyst.

Miss QQ

Elena - thanks! The baked ones that I'm so used to are definitely shimmery and I always pack on lots of the powder on my brush before patting and pressing it onto my lids. The thing about the baked es is that they are buildable and can be used wet, although I rarely use them wet. So you ended up with the US Vanities, is that right? Good to hear you use it a lot and like it. :) I think the colours in the US and Europe version can look slightly different sometimes because of the shimmers and how they reflect under different lighting in the European quads.

Eleentje

Yeah, I have the US version.
The swatch I posted lacks the subtle golden glitter particles in the 2 shades on the right. I tried to make a picture myself, but it is so overcast here, that I can't get it to show up in the picture :(

chickgal99

Hi All, Are Vanities and Fauve permanent or limited edition? I don't want to miss out on them and I won't be near a counter until the end of August.

Latest posts