Chanel Eyeshadows

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
I was talking about the second one, the eight swatches' pic. I am not able to find any reference to the person that made the swatches and the image URL is just leading me to imageshack. Thank you for helping me with the first one.

The second pic is at the second link from Sabrina's site that I posted above...just scroll down & you'll see it.
yes.gif
winkiss.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The second pic is at the second link from Sabrina's site that I posted above...just scroll down & you'll see it.
yes.gif
winkiss.gif

Uh I just saw the first one don't know why
th_dunno.gif
I'll edit the post correctly.

Thanks again!
001_unsure.gif

Bonitinha

I busted out the Engima quad today -- I think the trick is to apply and blend, apply and blend, etc until you build the desired color. I wore the pink on the lid, the grey in the crease, and the eggplant shade on the outer V and under the lower lashline -- black liner on the upper lashline. I just wore it over the Primer Potion and the pigmentation was great. I find that the eggplant color has the most pigmentation. I used MAC Vanilla for the browbone.
I hope those of you having probs with it can get it to work. I just love it!

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I didn't realize Winter Night wasn't available anymore? I know it shows backorder on Neiman Marcus where I usually shop online. Anyone know if it's really gone? I thought it was perm??

It may be that it isn't available outside of the U.S. If you see it on Chanel's American site, then it probably isn't discontinued. I'm pretty sure we don't have it here.

mrslid

FYI for whoever was looking for Beiges de Chanel. It has been posted for swap on MUA for someone looking for a CP for RBL nail polishes.

Winthrop44

I think I want Variations after seeing those swatches by Karla. Another long gone LE item, of course! Grrr

Camnagem

Quote:
I think I want Variations after seeing those swatches by Karla. Another long gone LE item, of course! Grrr

I'm having that same feeling...Variations looks great! Of course...
angry.gif
lol.gif

purrtykitty

What I don't understand is why a quad (or quint in the case of Dior) like that isn't permanent? Everyday, wearable colors. Surely there is a greater need for a quad like that in the permanent collection, versus one with pastels.

Bonitinha

Winthrop44

I wish Dunes didn't have that yellow (per Karla) hilite shade...why the heck isn't it beige? Shimmering Dunes actually got better reviews on MUA...and was of course LE.
lol.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
I wish Dunes didn't have that yellow (per Karla) hilite shade...why the heck isn't it beige? Shimmering Dunes actually got better reviews on MUA...and was of course LE.
lol.gif

Seriously, all the best, universally wearable quads are LE! What gives?!

purrtykitty

Rumor on TPF, Bleu Celestes quad is being d/c'd, and quite possibly Nymphea after that. If those are on anyone's wishlist, might want to get it or them while you can.

I wonder what they'll replace them with?

MzzRach

I thought Variations used to be part of the perm line? I remember buying it years ago and I think it was perm at that time.

I agree, neutral, versatile wearable quads should not be LE.

euphrosyne_rose

I don't have any Chanel anything at the moment but I have considered it. How do you ladies feel about the quality, colors, payoff, etc compared to say, Dior shadows? I've had a few Dior quads and found alot of the colors in them to be almost too shimmery, though the colors are pretty. Thoughts?

purrtykitty

The quad I have (Reflects d'Ombre) has nice payoff, and it isn't frosty. It is shimmery, but not overly so, falling somewhere between a satin and frost. Same with my other Chanel eye shadows. The one matte I have is really soft, pigmented and highly blendable.

euphrosyne_rose

All the ones I've seen look super gorgeous but the one that keeps catching my eye is Murano. The deep, dark green is what I wanted the green in the BB quad from Fabulous Felines to be and it wasn't. I don't use alot of mattes (if ever) but I've been falling away from certain colors and textures and going more towards neutrals/satin colors with hints of green and other colors. I may have to try this one after reading all the great things people have been saying about these!

Latest posts