Chanel Eyeshadows

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Does anyone have a good way of storing quads and singles so that they're easy to distinguish from each other when you go to look for a particular one?

I have plastic trays that are just wide enough to store them in a single row and two on the side. They don't slide around, stay upright and I can see the name of the shades. The only downside is that i do get annoyed a bit having to take them out of their boxes everytime I use them. But I prefer that over having them in their velvet pouches and not knowing which is which. The trays work well because whether it's Chanel quads and JC's, BB bronzers, or Dior quints, the boxes are all about the same width. I do the same with smaller products, like the boxes for the duos or MAC blushes.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Does anyone have a good way of storing quads and singles so that they're easy to distinguish from each other when you go to look for a particular one?

I stick a label at the front of the quads/singles/duos with the name printed. I stack them one over another and lie them flat in my drawers. Not exactly a very good way but I'm thinking about how to improve my makeup storage.

I love Chanel eyeshadows!
heart.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
Hi ladies -- for those of you who have the Dunes quad -- how do you like it? Is it the best neutral Chanel quad? I saw a pic of an actress wearing it (I can't remember who) and now I am completely obsessed with it. Do I need this in my life??

I've been wondering about this one for awhile too. Does anyone here have it?

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I really want Magic Night. Its a beautiful smokey kinda burgundy. Its been in my NM cart forever but so much new LE products coming out I can't seem to get it.

Oh noes! It was the first I really paid attention to that eyeshadow, Isn't it gorgeus? I just found these swatches and I've fallen in love
shockt.gif

BB+After+Hours+Swatches.jpg

smokeymauveplumshadows.jpg

In the last one, number 4 is Chanel's Magic Night. It's a very nice colour for fall definetely. Ty so much for bringing our attention to it elegant!

EDIT: pictures were taken from The Beauty Look Book (http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/).

TheTeenageMuse

I have the Enigma quad and I don't know that I'm impressed.

Although Pixiwoo managed to make it work wet, I can't seem to do a nice smokey eye with it dry. I just feel like it might work better for someone a bit older. It's a bit more sheer than the intense colours I work with usually so maybe I'll pawn it off to my mommy.

What makes Chanel better? The colours? For the price I prefer MAC or even UD, even though I'll get Vert Khaki as I haven't seen a green with nice gold glitter.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
I have the Enigma quad and I don't know that I'm impressed.

Although Pixiwoo managed to make it work wet, I can't seem to do a nice smokey eye with it dry. I just feel like it might work better for someone a bit older. It's a bit more sheer than the intense colours I work with usually so maybe I'll pawn it off to my mommy.

What makes Chanel better? The colours? For the price I prefer MAC or even UD, even though I'll get Vert Khaki as I haven't seen a green with nice gold glitter.

I too found Enigma too sheer and swapped it away. I was lucky that it wasn't the first quad I tried though because I LOVE the other 4 I have (Mystic Eyes, Kaska Beige, Beiges de Chanel and Winter Nights). The pigmentation is great and they are beautiful colours that work great together.

I actually just discovered that 2 of the shades in Winter Nights are excellent dupes for NARS Rajasthan. I did swatches but then when I went to take pics my batteries were dead and I was on my way out the door. The pigmentation on the dark greeny shade is WAY better in the Winter Nights quad too. I may get rid of my recently aquired NARS duo for that reason. I'd given up on NARS shadows before but after all the hype with Rajasthan I gave it another go.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Oh noes! It was the first I really paid attention to that eyeshadow, Isn't it gorgeus? I just found these swatches and I've fallen in love
shockt.gif

In the last one, number 4 is Chanel's Magic Night. It's a very nice colour for fall definetely. Ty so much for bringing our attention to it elegant!

Oh my - thank you love - that is just beautiful! I need it
greengrin.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh my - thank you love - that is just beautiful! I need it
greengrin.gif

You are more than welcome. If you "need" to know any other product from the swatch-arm just let me know (I nbookmarked the website to punish myself staring at those amazing eyeshadows everyday, haha).

Almus

I better post them all
yes.gif

1. MAC Eyeshadow - Beauty Marked
2. MAC Eyeshadow - Smut
3. Nars Single Eyeshadow - Night Fever
4. Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow - Magic Night
5. MAC Pro Pigment - Deep Purple
6. MAC Pigment - Smoke Signal
7. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - Black Plum SW
8. Bobbi Brown Metallic Eyeshadow - After Hours
9. Giorgio Armani Maestro Eyeshadow - #18

I am actually liking 8 a lot, but I have checked in Bobbi's website and I cannot find it, maybe it was LE
th_confused_new.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
shockt.gif

BB+After+Hours+Swatches.jpg

I wouldn't want to get Sabrina upset with us for not crediting her for her swatches & pics so here are the links to her blog (The Beauty Look Book) where these originated:

The Beauty Look Book: Color Focus: Deep Purple Eye Shadows

The Beauty Look Book: Color Focus: Smokey Eyes Part 4 (Mauves & Plums)

As for Enigma, it's not my favorite quad, but one of my favorite things about it is how the shadows can be worn very sheerly. That's what makes it more wearable for me.
yes.gif

mrslid

For anyone intersted...here's the Winter Night/Rajasthan comparison. I wondered whether I should try Rajasthan because I thought they may be similar but wasn't able to find any comparisons online so hopefully this will help someone:

Inner two colours are Chanel and the outside two are NARS. The lighter colours are beautiful from both but the dark green/black shade is FAR FAR superior in the Chanel quad:

Almus

Quote:
I wouldn't want to get Sabrina upset with us for not crediting her for her swatches & pics so here are the links to her blog (The Beauty Look Book) where these originated:

Oops, you are right! I am so sorry. I just went to the website I bookmarked to check if they have any reference for the other pic but I am afraid they don't
ssad.gif

Thank you for the comparative swatches mrslid! I have been into Rajasthan lately, in fact I guess I'll purchase it in the next few days. Unfortunately, Winter Nights is not available anymore
nope.gif

mrslid

Quote:
Oops, you are right! I am so sorry. I just went to the website I bookmarked to check if they have any reference for the other pic but I am afraid they don't
ssad.gif

Thank you for the comparative swatches mrslid! I have been into Rajasthan lately, in fact I guess I'll purchase it in the next few days. Unfortunately, Winter Nights is not available anymore
nope.gif

I didn't realize Winter Night wasn't available anymore? I know it shows backorder on Neiman Marcus where I usually shop online. Anyone know if it's really gone? I thought it was perm??

Winthrop44

Quote:
ssad.gif

Which other pic? Maybe I can help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
I didn't realize Winter Night wasn't available anymore? I know it shows backorder on Neiman Marcus where I usually shop online. Anyone know if it's really gone? I thought it was perm??

It is currently available on chanel.com and I believe it is permanent here in the US.

MzzRach

Quote:
You are more than welcome. If you "need" to know any other product from the swatch-arm just let me know (I nbookmarked the website to punish myself staring at those amazing eyeshadows everyday, haha).

Almus - if you reposted the image from another website (i.e. it is not yours) please make sure you credit the website that it came from in any post where you use it. Thanks!

winkiss.gif

Winthrop - thanks for posting the credit information.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Almus - if you reposted the image from another website (i.e. it is not yours) please make sure you credit the website that it came from in any post where you use it. Thanks!

winkiss.gif

Winthrop - thanks for posting the credit information.

Oh I am aware of that, but I found them on another forum and I've checked several pages for the info about the swatcher but I couldn't find any
ssad.gif
I hope it doesn't bother anyone, or I just can edit my first post to avoid any misunderstanding. Sincerely I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Quote:
Which other pic? Maybe I can help?

It is currently available on chanel.com and I believe it is permanent here in the US.

I was talking about the second one, the eight swatches' pic. I am not able to find any reference to the person that made the swatches and the image URL is just leading me to imageshack. Thank you for helping me with the first one.

And about Winter Nights, it doesn't appear any info about it in Chanel.es. Maybe was it a US only edition?

MzzRach

Quote:
Oh I am aware of that, but I found them on another forum and I've checked several pages for the info about the swatcher but I couldn't find any
ssad.gif
I hope it doesn't bother anyone, or I just can edit my first post to avoid any misunderstanding. Sincerely I didn't mean to upset anyone.

No worries. Just post the website link where they came from, that is sufficient. It's part of Specktra site rules to credit off site images, that is all. Winthrop knew where they originated from, so it's taken care of.

We're cool.
winkiss.gif

Latest posts