Chanel Eyeshadows

Hypathya

I love my quads & singles... pricey but worthy!!

As a long time collector I've found it's love or hate with Chanel eyeshadows... What do you ladies think??

Almus

Hello here!

I just own the lastest releasr Taupe Gris and I have to admit I loved it in the pan and I loved it even more when I applied it. I don't have any quad yet, but I'm pretty confident I'll get one (Holiday collection's one is actually pretty interesting to me
yes.gif
)

About single eyeshadow I have seen nice descriptions about Amethyst and it's blue duochrome, but I am not able to find a good swatch. So if any of you ladies have it, is it as great as it sounds? I am also lemming Safari
th_happy1.gif

Camnagem

I love Chanel quads! I only own 2 so far (Mystic Eyes and Enigma), but they're both great for me. I look forward to getting another soon (probably Reflets D'Ombre) and hopefully the Holiday quad too.

I also have to say I'm crazy about the new Taupe-Delicat ES Duo I recently received. It's so simple and easy and looks so pulled together and refined. I love it with Pink Explosion JC and literally almost ANY lip color I own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
About single eyeshadow I have seen nice descriptions about Amethyst and it's blue duochrome, but I am not able to find a good swatch. So if any of you ladies have it, is it as great as it sounds? I am also lemming Safari
th_happy1.gif

I don't have Amethyst yet, but it's on my forever growing Chanel wish list. I do have Safari and I'll take some pics to post for you if the clouds ever go away (hopefully tomorrow)!

Shypo

Here are some pics of Amethyst and Safari - Safari is a beautiful shimmery taupe color with a hint of pink undertone - it's gorgeous! And Amethyst....
love.gif
Both are over primer - Amethyst has FABULOUS color payoff!! And Safari is just a great neutral color!!

CIMG2890-1.jpg

CIMG2885-1.jpg

MzzRach

^^^^^^ Thanks Cheryl! I love the look of Safari, since I love taupes something fierce. They are both lovely.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I don't have Amethyst yet, but it's on my forever growing Chanel wish list. I do have Safari and I'll take some pics to post for you if the clouds ever go away (hopefully tomorrow)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
Here are some pics of Amethyst and Safari - Safari is a beautiful shimmery taupe color with a hint of pink undertone - it's gorgeous! And Amethyst....
love.gif
Both are over primer - Amethyst has FABULOUS color payoff!! And Safari is just a great neutral color!!

Oh thank you so much. They are sooo beautiful. I just woke up and I am thinking what makeup I'm wearing right now and just combinations with that gorgeus Safari comes to my mind ... hum
sneaky.gif

mrslid

I have the following quads Beiges des Chanel, Mystic Eyes, Winter Nights and Kaska Beige. I LOVE THEM ALL. I also have Reflet D'ombres and the Soho Stupendous quad in the mail on the way to me as we speak. I did have Enigma but quickly swapped it as I was incredibly disappointed with the pigmentation and glitter fallout. I'm so tempted to buy it again though because everyone else seems so happy with it??

I'm tempted to try some of the singles or duos but I kinda hate the clutter of having a bunch of individual little shadows floating around. Maybe it would be worth figuring out a better storage plan for it. Plus it seems so expensive for one or two shades compared to a quad. I realize the amount is more but how often do we actually finish an eyeshadow...although with my love for my quads I just might finish them!

elegant-one

I really want Magic Night. Its a beautiful smokey kinda burgundy. Its been in my NM cart forever but so much new LE products coming out I can't seem to get it.

Chanel does seem to over-do that pale peachy pink es color in their palettes, but over all I'm very happy with the es singles & palettes. Trace & Taupe Gris singles are so pretty. And, the Taupe duo is so beautiful & easy to wear.

stv578

Where to start in this thread?! I have accumulated a modest collection of Chanel eye shadows.

For the quads, I have Mystic Eyes, Kaska Beige, Enigma, Bleu Celeste and Plein Soliel (not entirely sure on the name). I used to have Nymphea as well as a plummy quad, but was really unhappy with these, so I gave them away!

With the new duos, I only have Taupe Delicat for now, but would like to eventually get Misty Soft.

And for singles, I have Vert Khaki (?), Amethyst and Silage.

I have used Taupe Delicat a lot. The two shades in this are probably the most understated shades I wear, but the cream colour really brightens up my eye, I add the taupe shade in the crease and lightly brush a bit more of the cream shade to highlight. I add graphite shimmer ink or something like that from BB to line my upper lid and wing it out a little and I'm good to go!

Winthrop44

Does anyone have a good way of storing quads and singles so that they're easy to distinguish from each other when you go to look for a particular one?

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Does anyone have a good way of storing quads and singles so that they're easy to distinguish from each other when you go to look for a particular one?

Wouldn't that be nice. I just keep pulling them out and looking and going by memory. I have mine all stored in rows on their sides. You could put a label on the side. That's the only thing I can think of that's still reasonable neat. Otherwise you'd have to have them all laid out flat upsidedown.

Bonitinha

I only own one lone Chanel quad -- Enigma. I love this quad. I really want Mystic Eyes and Dunes (next on my list). Of course, then I need Winter Nights and Bleu Celeste . . .
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Wouldn't that be nice. I just keep pulling them out and looking and going by memory. I have mine all stored in rows on their sides. You could put a label on the side. That's the only thing I can think of that's still reasonable neat. Otherwise you'd have to have them all laid out flat upsidedown.

Yep, that's how I have mine too, in rows on their sides. I thought about putting labels on the sides but there's really not that much room on the sides and ultimately I guess I decided it would ruin the looks of the case.
lol.gif

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44

I keep all of my Chanel quads, single ES, the new ES Duo and JC's in their boxes. I open the box from the right side and cut off the tab so I have a perm opening. I store them upright so I can read the names on the top of the boxes and can easily pick up what I need and slide them out from the right side opening.

If I didn't have the boxes I'd probably make up dividers with index cards cut down to size with a tab on the top (so they'd be hardly noticeable but easy to read...kinda like those 5 tabs made for notebooks/3-ring binders). I'd print the name of the quad or ES or Duo or JC and place them in between each product.

User38

fluffy.gif
wavey.gif
Waves to all the Chanel ladies
smiles.gif

oh, it's ES -- ok.. lemme see:

I have a few singles in neutrals and the khaki vert and dark taupe (about 6 total)... but I have some quads: Beiges, Dunes, Smokeys, Mystical Mist, Enigma (2), Kaska Beige (2) and Reflets (which has never been touched!)... that's it for me
cutey.gif
for the ES quads
yes.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I keep all of my Chanel quads, single ES, the new ES Duo and JC's in their boxes. I open the box from the right side and cut off the tab so I have a perm opening. I store them upright so I can read the names on the top of the boxes and can easily pick up what I need and slide them out from the right side opening.

If I didn't have the boxes I'd probably make up dividers with index cards cut down to size with a tab on the top (so they'd be hardly noticeable but easy to read...kinda like those 5 tabs made for notebooks/3-ring binders). I'd print the name of the quad or ES or Duo or JC and place them in between each product.

WONDERFUL ideas! Thanks so much!
specktra_rocks.gif
kissy.gif

coconut

I have 2 single eye shadows - Le Bronze and Taupe Gris. I got Le Bronze about a year and a half ago and it is about half gone. For me, that means it is one of my favourites that I use all the time! It's the perfect bronze colour - has a lot of brown, so not too bronze-y. It is great for day or night and really makes blue eyes pop. I also really like Taupe Gris, but don't find it quite as wearable because it has a lot of purple in it.

I find the shadows are beautifully pigmented, apply like a dream, and stay on all day with no creasing. I do use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but I use that with all shadows and still don't find they stay on like Chanel does.

Next on my list are Taupe-Delicate and Safari. I love taupes!!

I don't own any quads yet. There always seems to be at least 1 colour that I'm not particularly interested in. I think I might like to try Mystic Eyes though.

purrtykitty

Perhaps storing quads, singles, JCs in alphabetical order?

I have the Reflets d'Ombre quad, Taupe Grise, Khaki Vert, and Deep Taupe singles. I had several others, but sold them off to fund my MAC habit...really regretting it now. Fortunately the ones I sold are all perm, so I can still get them if I want.

Latest posts