Chanel Nail Polishes

Medgal07

Only a few selected shops in Germany have the holiday collections, and to be honest I have no idea why. I've once asked the Douglas customer service (Douglas is a big cosmetics cahin in Germany) and they told me it's Chanel's decision, not theirs. I think it's one of those idiotic "let's make everything we can super-exclusive" marketing strategies that nobody understands because it just angers the customers.
We also never got any explanation why we all received inferior versions of the eyeshadow quads for such a long time instead of the US version. The blushes are still different - or only sometimes, i don't know.
That's astonishing!! I had no idea!!!
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

Urbis, over here Douglas still has Chanel, just not the holiday products. They usually have all the regular collections and everything ( I think) of the permanent line. The holiday collections usually are available in some bigger luxury department stores, like the Kadewe in Berlin or Breuninger in Stuttgart. And it's even more difficult to order the holiday products online. I wanted to have some alternatives, so I checked out Harrod's, but they didn't have the highlighter.

Germany really is a desert when it comes to cosmetics!
th_mad0217.gif
You honestly have my heartfelt sympathy---so not fair!!!!

Filmfreak

You honestly have my heartfelt sympathy---so not fair!!!!
Thanks!
One of the reasons why I like shopping internationally is the fact that it pretty much means giving the beauty shops here the
finger.gif
. Which they highly deserve for their bad service.

laurennnxox

:love: picked up tutti frutti np the other day at my local macy's. It's a beautiful color! This polish is one of my favorite types of shades, it looks very nice with my skin color. The gold shimmer gives it a very subtle depth without looking glittery. Sooo pretty! ETA: it also looks pretty with a very thin layer of atmosphere over it! Gives it a bit of a frosted duochrome look. Gold or pink shimmer depending on the way the light hits it!

Medgal07

ETA: it also looks pretty with a very thin layer of atmosphere over it! Gives it a bit of a frosted duochrome look. Gold or pink shimmer depending on the way the light hits it!
I love Tutti Frutti. That's an interesting combo you've constructed. I'll have to try that some time.

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   I love Tutti Frutti.  That's an interesting combo you've constructed.  I'll have to try that some time.[/COLOR]
It's a pretty combo! The pink and gold fit the shade of tutti frutti. It changes the polish, but it's not so "oh, random shade layered on top" as it would look over, say, a dark color.

sa1214

Has anyone seen the Spring 2015 polish Intemporel available in the US? I see it on the European site. http://www.chanel.com/fr_FR/parfums-beaute/maquillage/ongles/editions-exclusives/le-vernis---intemporel-null-p148505.html

sa1214

No way! If this is a re-promote of Jade, I WILL DIE! It looks slightly different in that it may be missing the shimmer. I hope there will comparison shots soon. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts