Chanel Nail Polishes

nudibelle

Finally made it to my Macy's to swatch and see with my own eyes
Garconne and Organdi
And the Gel top coat on both

Garconne two coats
Organdi just one
They went on smooth . The formula IS better
And the gel top coat dried fast in 10 mins !
And the shine!
I was sold
Im definitely all in now

IMAG6813.jpg

Monsy

10 minutes is way too long for top coat to dry. I am used to only couple of minutes with the fast drying ones. But usually gel top coats are thicker and dry slower but they tend to last longe

both colors look great on you

SlugPower

here i thought dior had limited their colour range too much and guerlain was boring. chanel always surpassing others no doubt...

maybe mariniere and roubachka for me. although i'll need to see in person. if the are straight cremes i will cry. understandable that the line-up should be universal. not understandable that it's so... so. not a single one excites.

i don't undestand how reviewers keep insisting nail polish stays after washing dishes. it really doesn't.

Winthrop44

I think...or at least I hope...that more exciting ones will make their way into the lineup in future collections.

Pippilotta

Saw the new polishes yesterday. Frankly, I find them a bit boring. I'll probably get Camelia, but I was so disappointed yesterday that I didn't buy it.

Pippilotta

I saw the new nail polishes yesterday. I am sorry, but I find them a bit boring. I intended to buy Camelia, but yesterday I was so disappointed that I just left the counter emptyhanded.

Raindance

Polishes are out in the UK now and included in 10% price match at John Lewis today.

Does anyone have any views about how well the new gel topcoat works on top of the old Le Vernis ?

urbis

I didn't excpect to love this collection as much as I do, but that's it. It's a very classic yet intrinsically Chanel collection, with solid chic colors. There are some stunners, such as Shantung, a real must have in my opinion. I'm sure bolder colors will follow but these are the basics.

hollyld

I haven't found the colors in the new formula to have the depth of the old formula. They all seem very flat. Anyone else of that opinion?

elkaknits

My chanel gal was working at Macy's today. I tried the NP. The shine is outstanding imo and I like the slightly wider brush. I only tried a couple of colors and although neither is particularly groundbreaking the glossy plushness of the polish has me drooling.

ashievic

Didn't Chanel release a dark blue about 12-18 months ago, as well as the Vert Obscure??? Is the blue like TF they released about a year ago???

Winthrop44

Didn't Chanel release a dark blue about 12-18 months ago, as well as the Vert Obscure??? Is the blue like TF they released about a year ago???

I could be wrong but with Vert Obscure I think there were other dark colors but no blues:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/08/chanel-collection-automnales-la-base.html

Blues from further back:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2011/09/chanel-blue-rebel-coco-blue-blue-boy.html

The new dark blue, Mariniere, is finally available on chanel.com (probably elsewhere too, but I haven't looked). I bought it a few weeks ago and really like it, although I only swatched on one nail so far. Can't compare any Chanel blues to the TF as I haven't seen that one. I can tell you that Marniere has no shimmer.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...1Files/P159500/S159516_LARGE.jpg&action=click

Does this help at all?

http://www.colormeloud.com/2015/03/tom-ford-nail-polish-33-black-jade-34.html

Last edited:

Raindance

There's also Fortissimo :heart:which has a very subtle pearl/sparkle from the Blue Notes collection spring 2015
nb. this is not as deep as Blue Satin

Also FNO collection Autumn 2013[?] had a dark blue Cosmic but we did not get that in the UK so I've never seen that one

I swatched Mariniere and felt it was a closer match to Blue Rebel so despite blues being my thing, I passed for now !

Latest posts