Chanel Spring 2011

strix

I made my first (ever) Chanel purchase today. Three things from the spring collection-- Nakkar Glossimer, Espiegle blush, and the Black Pearl nail polish. I wanted Bikini Peach gloss too, but decided to get Nakkar because it would be nice to wear on a Valentine's Day date. :)

elegant-one

I made my first (ever) Chanel purchase today. Three things from the spring collection-- Nakkar Glossimer, Espiegle blush, and the Black Pearl nail polish. I wanted Bikini Peach gloss too, but decided to get Nakkar because it would be nice to wear on a Valentine's Day date. :)

How cool! I hope you love them. Did you order them online or did you pick them up at the store? let us know what you think when you try them out.

Bonitinha

Strix -- Yay for your first Chanel purchase!! Not to enable or anything (ha!) -- but if you're loving Bikini Peach, you may want to pick it up as it is Limited Edition. It has been sold out on the website for a while -- I had to call a Nordstrom in a neighboring state and they sent one to me. It is pretty for summer!

Enjoy your new goodies!!
heart.gif

strix

How cool! I hope you love them. Did you order them online or did you pick them up at the store? let us know what you think when you try them out.

I got them in the store, but I haven't gotten the chance to play with them yet. I'm going to open all of the boxes tomorrow-- I'll let you all know what I think!

strix

Strix -- Yay for your first Chanel purchase!! Not to enable or anything (ha!) -- but if you're loving Bikini Peach, you may want to pick it up as it is Limited Edition. It has been sold out on the website for a while -- I had to call a Nordstrom in a neighboring state and they sent one to me. It is pretty for summer!

Enjoy your new goodies!!
heart.gif
Thanks for letting me know about Bikini Peach-- I didn't realize it was limited edition. It does look like an awesome summer color, and very wearable.

User38

another one bites the dust
thud.gif
newly addicted to Chanel !

enjoy your haul !

elegant.. techissues again.. grrr.

elegant-one

^yep - why the heck can't it get fixed. I just always think its my laptop or ipad...but nooooo - another one bites the dust ;)

User38

^ I know right.. makes one go more looney than stalking MAC sites
WTF2.gif

anyway... today I wore my Beagle blush but I wore Cyndi ls with it.. and I think it looked lovely if I do say so myself.. I kissed my mirror
girlhaha.gif

just went into MAC to get a bu of Cyndi which is indeed my perfect coral red.. and it is sold out.. will have to hunt and slaughter for it now..

Camnagem

Yay! Awesome. I hope you love everything!

Nakkar for Valentine's Day sounds perfect!
sigh.gif

Miss QQ

And I'm so glad to hear that Espiegle is a wearable peach for those of us that can't normally wear peachy colours! I think I've had a pink overload and find myself reaching for more bronze or peachier pink shades lately. I've also decided to add Black Pearl n/p to my list, but pass the peach l/s.
Me too, the Espiegle! Peach blushes turn orange on me. I have MUFE HD cream blush in #14, which is a peach too! It's gorgeous and doesn't turn orange on me, but I'm prefer powder to cream blush.

bis

[quote name="elegant-one" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/990#post_2070224"] ^yep - why the heck can't it get fixed. I just always think its my laptop or ipad...but nooooo - another one bites the dust ;)

[/quote] It's not just you, the issues get more and more every day. Today instead of going to the next page of the thread the site said that I cannot vote because I am not logged in :unsure: strix, enjoy your goodies and welcome to a great addiction :)

mrslid

Congrats on your first Chanel purchases Strix! I'm sure it is the first of many! Chanel is very addicting but luckily extremely satisfying as well and we are such good enablers on here
girl_devil.gif

Miss QQ

I'm surprise to see that Gabriele and Flamboyante swatched so close in Cafe Makeup. Gabriele is on my maybe list. I wonder if they look close on the lips though. If they are close I would get Flamboyante since it is sheerer and easier to wear.

2browneyes

Reading this thread, looking at pics, checking swatches and making my list :)

Dear Wallet,
You have been there with me thru thick and thin. I appreciate your faithfulness and loyalty. Without you, my makeup collection would be nothing. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for the pain I will soon inflict upon you but know that better times are on the horizon. Please know that I still love you. Thanks for your contributions to keeping me pretty :)

Love,
Lora

mrslid

Reading this thread, looking at pics, checking swatches and making my list :)

Dear Wallet,
You have been there with me thru thick and thin. I appreciate your faithfulness and loyalty. Without you, my makeup collection would be nothing. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for the pain I will soon inflict upon you but know that better times are on the horizon. Please know that I still love you. Thanks for your contributions to keeping me pretty :)

Love,
Lora
LMAO!! Love this. I think we need to start a support group for our poor wallets!

mrslid

I'm surprise to see that Gabriele and Flamboyante swatched so close in Cafe Makeup. Gabriele is on my maybe list. I wonder if they look close on the lips though. If they are close I would get Flamboyante since it is sheerer and easier to wear.
I was surprised too. I didn't realized Flamboyante was "that" red. I'm happy though because Gabrielle was on my wish list too so I feel comfortable leaving it there indefinately now since I'll be receiving Flamboyante in the mail any time now. Hopefully today!!! Fingers are crossed that my goodies will be waiting for me when I get home!

bis

[quote name="2browneyes" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/990#post_2070392"] Reading this thread, looking at pics, checking swatches and making my list :)

Dear Wallet,

Love,
Lora

[/quote] Love it, maybe I should write it on a scarp of paper and put it in my wallet to show it I really mean it :winkiss: The unsung hero in the history of makeup :)

Shypo

Strix, congrats on your first Chanel purchase!!!
cheerleader.gif

MissQQ, LOOOOOVE that keychain!!! And the sachet!!!
pretty.gif

Ingenue....what can I say......you ROCK!!
thud.gif

Hi Birgit!!! Hi Karin!!! Hope you feel better soon!!
wavey.gif

Michelle, any calendar yet? They'd better send you one!!!
getyou.gif

Winthrop - love the new avatar - I'm a quilt hound myself. Don't make them, just love them!!! I have a couple that my grandmother hand-pieced AND hand-sewed.......
heart.gif

2browneyes - lovely ode to your wallet - I think we all feel the same way!!
love.gif

Got my Chanel goodies a couple of days ago - haven't had a chance to play yet, but I must say, Espiegle is the new IT girl. Love the quad, love the quint!!! Lippies are cool too, but they're in the backseat of the bus at the moment.
girlhaha.gif

I also got my Mally goodies, and I ordered the UD Naked Palette which should be here any day. It's been such a rave I have to see what the fuss is about.......

2browneyes

Thanks yall....I think we should all take a moment to reflect on the wonderful things our wallets make possible for us. Where would we be without them.... :)

Latest posts