Macy's new return policy... excited?

KimmyAnn_678

So I guess we're now officially in the "there is absolutely no time limit, absolutely no proof of purchase ever needed to return things" period now.

Who in their right mind comes up with these policies? Oh yeah, that's right, people that have never worked in retail or dealt with customers once in their whole entire life.

180 days was bad enough. That's enough time for someone to use an entire jar of face cream, an entire tube of lipstick or eyeliner, get down to the very bottom and then decide "it was the wrong shade" and still get their money back, but now we're offering a life time guarantee on product.

Personally, we're just not mentioning this fact to anyone in the hopes that our scammers won't ever find out about it.

Thoughts anyone LOL?

smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

I think 180 days is too much in the first place. 30 is enough and even more than enough to see if something works for you. It'll be a struggle if they ever decide to switch it back too.

LC

i hate macy's..i worked for them as well.

oh sure, we'll take back your entirely used moisturizer that you bought from dillards but say you bought at macys and don't have a receipt. here's your money back, sorry for the inconvenience!

euphrosyne_rose

That policy is the same as Bath and Body Works. You can burn a candle and not like it and we have to take it back, no matter what. You can use a body lotion or shower gel until almost half is gone and they'll still take it back. Thankfully they do draw the line if it's completely gone or looks well used but it's an absolute waste.

Speaking of Macy's, I just went last weekend to return a pair of jeans. I went to the same register I ALWAYS go to, and the girl working took ten minutes to even acknowledge my presence and then when I pulled out the jeans, she rudely interrupted me and said, "I'm not taking those." in the most rude tone of voice! I thought it was because I didn't have the receipt handy so I mentioned that the tags were still on and she interrupted me again to say, "That's not my department. See? Purses." like I was stupid. I tried to tell her I had just come to that same register a week before to return a dress but she kept interrupting me so I snatched up my jeans and left. I would've been completely fine if she hadn't been so rude and just simply said, "I'm sorry, I can't take clothing because that's not my department. If you go to that register over there, they can help you." But no. Uber bitch. I didn't have an attitude and wasn't rude to her to make her act that way towards me. The other thing was even after I moved to a different register, I could still see her and she wasn't doing anything! There was no around she needed to help and she was standing there. If it's true you can't take items that aren't your department, that's fine, but I was just so ticked off at how rude she was.

Back to topic, I totally agree that there should be a time limit on returning items. Unfortunately my jeans were past the time limit even though I didn't realize it. No harm...I'll just sell them to this used clothing store that buys new and used brand name clothes. Problem solved.
winks.gif

LC

yeah...she should have taken them back. even cosmetic counters are supposed to do returns from any dept

DILLIGAF

*sighs* Companies are doing what they have to do to stay competative at this time. Khol's has a similar policy and we all know they are cheaper than Macy's. When I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond the policy was NEVER SAY NO! It's really hard and frustrating when someone brings back a used garbage can after 3 yrs of use because it has a scratch and you can't refuse it. I won't even mention the condition of some of the sheets/blankets/pillowtops/etc that we got back. *shudders and sighs again*

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
That policy is the same as Bath and Body Works. You can burn a candle and not like it and we have to take it back, no matter what. You can use a body lotion or shower gel until almost half is gone and they'll still take it back. Thankfully they do draw the line if it's completely gone or looks well used but it's an absolute waste.

Speaking of Macy's, I just went last weekend to return a pair of jeans. I went to the same register I ALWAYS go to, and the girl working took ten minutes to even acknowledge my presence and then when I pulled out the jeans, she rudely interrupted me and said, "I'm not taking those." in the most rude tone of voice! I thought it was because I didn't have the receipt handy so I mentioned that the tags were still on and she interrupted me again to say, "That's not my department. See? Purses." like I was stupid. I tried to tell her I had just come to that same register a week before to return a dress but she kept interrupting me so I snatched up my jeans and left. I would've been completely fine if she hadn't been so rude and just simply said, "I'm sorry, I can't take clothing because that's not my department. If you go to that register over there, they can help you." But no. Uber bitch. I didn't have an attitude and wasn't rude to her to make her act that way towards me. The other thing was even after I moved to a different register, I could still see her and she wasn't doing anything! There was no around she needed to help and she was standing there. If it's true you can't take items that aren't your department, that's fine, but I was just so ticked off at how rude she was.

Back to topic, I totally agree that there should be a time limit on returning items. Unfortunately my jeans were past the time limit even though I didn't realize it. No harm...I'll just sell them to this used clothing store that buys new and used brand name clothes. Problem solved.
winks.gif

All the registers at Macy's work the same way. And she could have looked it up on your card if you didn't have the receipt.

I could use the extra cash...maybe I will take back all of these perfumes I am bored with!
tong.gif

euphrosyne_rose

^^I thought that was the case. Like I said, I had just returned a dress the week before with no problem. Of course that kinda sucks that I couldn't return it before but I still have them so maybe I can try again in a few weeks? Usually I agree that there should be a time limit but these jeans still have the tags, are still folded exactly as they were when I bought them and have never been worn. The only time I return something after using it that I didn't like is at Sephora, and that's ONLY when I either break out from it or didn't like the product in general.

hwangsara

I wonder if it includes whether you have the box of these items or not. I have items that I have tried a couples of times or forgot to try it and found out it doesn't work for me. For example, I brought MAC's stupid studio fix. I had it for a month but forgot about it. I already took it out of the box so that I can fit it in my foundation draw. I finally used it for a week and it broke me out! I was afraid of taking it back since most stores say 30 days.

DILLIGAF

I wonder if it includes whether you have the box of these items or not. I have items that I have tried a couples of times or forgot to try it and found out it doesn't work for me. For example, I brought MAC's stupid studio fix. I had it for a month but forgot about it. I already took it out of the box so that I can fit it in my foundation draw. I finally used it for a week and it broke me out! I was afraid of taking it back since most stores say 30 days.

Well I'm under the understanding that things like MAC makeup needs to include the return sticker. I think this is because MAC can be purchased a few placed besides Macy's. So without the sticker I don't know how far you can get. I don't work for Macy's so I can't be too sure.

Latest posts