La Femme Blushes - WOC friendly!!

wquty77

Ok, so, a couple of weeks ago i was doing my daily 'Youtubing" when one of my favorites posted a video on cheap blushes. The favorite was GossMakeupArtist, and the cheap blushes featured were La Femme. I watched the video, saw his swatches and listened to his explanation of the finishes and the shade range. Then he got around to the price. Now, for him i'm assuming it would be a little bit more, however, he stated that for those of us in he U.S. they were priced at about $3. This instantly peaked my interest. So, i did some hunting, and found MakeupMania.com. They sell La Femme blushes and eyeshadows. Soon after finding this site i found myself entering my card info and finalizing a purchase. After everything was finalized and my order was on its way, i began to question the quality of the product. For in my mind nothing could be as great as it was being said to be for that price. So, a few days pass, i get the parcel and i'm super anxious to try the blushes out. I immediately go my makeup station and starting ripping. I ordered 8 blushes in total and they came packaged in a paper sheet that had all of the blushes i ordered on it and a plastic covering, that was surrounded by paper stuffing. When i finally got them out and began swatching them, i was dumbfounded. THESE BLUSHES ARE INCREDIBLE, direct quote from myself. All anxiousness, and suspicion of lacking quality was thrown out the door.

The 8 blushes that i ordered were as follows:

1. Brick Red - A deep muted red, MATTE
2. Red - Just that a vibrant red, MATTE
3. Russet - A ruddy red brown, very, very similar to RAIZIN by Mac, MATTE
4. Magenta - A true vibrant magenta shade, MATTE
5. Framboesia - A neon mid-toned pink shot through with shimmer/glitter, Matte-shimmer-glitter
6. Redwood - A coral-red with micro-fine shimmer, Muted-Shimmer
7. Mandarin Red - A soft, shimmering Coral, Shimmer
8 Golden Sunset - A rich micro-shimmer deep-pinky red, slightly orange(I'm terrible with color description), Micro-Shimmer

These blushes are DENSELY pigmented, mostly soft/creamy, and easily blended. I will say that some, like Brick Red are slightly powdery. You just have to be very mindful of how much product you are picking up, because one can easily over do it with these rich colors. I seriously have never experienced such blushes, they are amazing!

Ok, but the real Coup de Gras is the price. I paid, from MakeupMania.com, $2.50 for each of these, and to be honest, i would have paid 20, or more. There is no way that you can go wrong with these. The price is insane, the quality is on par with higher end brands, what more could you want? I was always one to try and find "drugstore" blushes as dupes for my favorite higher end blushes, but, no more, those blushes literally couldn't hold a candle to La Femme, the drugstore blushes, i mean. I don't know how or why they are being sold for such a DIRT CHEAP price, but, they are and I want all of you to reap the benefits. I really do hope you check these out!!!

If you'd like i can post swatches on the this post. However, i was able to find some decent ones online before i purchased.

Nicala

Quite amazing aren't they? I luckily have access to them locally. I want to collect them all, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

HeavenLeiBlu

I only have one that I picked up on a whim from Camerareadycosmetcs... and yes, it's very pigmented... I can't remember the name at the moment, but it was a neutral. Will definitely check out some more! I just wish I could see them all in person. I'd love to see swatches on skin of color!

reesesilverstar

I have a bunch of them and I LOVE them. After discovering La Femme it's really hard for me to buy blush from other companies now... I always compare in my mind and almost always decide against it...

I know Vixxan has swatches on her blog: The Glam Shack

wquty77

Here are the swatches! They are swatched from left-to-right in accordance with this listing:
Row one:
1. Brick Red - A deep muted red, MATTE
2. Red - Just that a vibrant red, MATTE
3. Russet - A ruddy red brown, very, very similar to RAIZIN by Mac, MATTE
4. Magenta - A true vibrant magenta shade, MATTE
5. Framboesia - A neon mid-toned pink shot through with shimmer/glitter, Matte-shimmer-glitter
Row two:
1. Redwood - A coral-red with micro-fine shimmer, Muted-Shimmer
2. Mandarin Red - A soft, shimmering Coral, Shimmer
3 Golden Sunset - A rich micro-shimmer deep-pinky red, slightly orange(I'm terrible with color description), Micro-Shimmer

This picture isn't the best, the bottom shades are slight more vibrant! I'm about an NW45 for reference!

wquty77

@reesesilverstar I know! After getting these i went to the Chanel counter near me to see the new plaid blushes and i just couldn't justify buying any of them after swatching. These La Femme blushes are just out of this world!!

User38

Amen to that, I have all the colours-- LaFemme kick major azz
cutey.gif

wquty77

@HerGreyness Really? Which ones are you favorites? I just placed another ordered for Terracotta, Indian Rose, and Coral... What do you think of those?

Curly1908

Those swatches are GORGEOUS against your skintone!

And if HerGreyness likes them then they MUST be fantastic!

User38

I love them all.. and have all of them in my work palettes.. why? cause I use them as the ne plus ultra of pigmentation comps..

for myself personally I love the Sparkling Peach, most of the Rose tones, and especially yummy is the Golden Dew Amber
eyelove.gif

User38

agree though most have so much pigmentation that it is hard for the "average" consumer to understand them and they get "scared" away
shrugs.gif

wquty77

I think you may be right... They are definitely better suited for Make-up Artists and experienced makeup wearers/enthusiasts. They're just so amazing, though. I'm thinking of checking out Mocha and
Cinnabar next

Nicala

I purchased Mocha & Sparkling peach yesterday. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I also combined both together. Great combo!

wquty77

I think i'm going to be forced to buy Sparkling Peach next! I just watched a review on that blush and it looks AMAZING!!

Curly1908

I think I want the 12 blush custom palette. I just wish shipping wasn't so high.
shockt.gif

I think I've been spoiled on free shipping...

Smf16

@wquty77 WOW..thank you for this post! I am a blush whore! Lol..these look so nice..I will definitely be checking these out
smiles.gif

Latest posts