NARS blushes for WOC

BeautyByLele

Got my Nars blush Crazed today !!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the happy dance thanks again afulton
friends.gif

freesiafc

afulton I also have to thank you for making that post. I wore Crazed for the first time yesterday and fell completely in LOVE
eyelove.gif
. I am now offically addicted to NARS blushes. I just need to get Exhibit A, Gina, Desire, Montenegro, Gilda, Cactus Flower, Dolce Vita, and Mounia. Seems like a long list after typing it all out.

Prototype83

Once again I miss Crazed.....ARRRGGHH!!

I want that blush so bad :0(

Side note: what do you ladies think about Oasis? Is the glitter too much for a WOC?

afulton

You are so welcome. I am glad you are enjoying it. Of the other NARS blushes you want, I have Exhibit A, Gilda, Dolce Vita, and Mounia and I absolutely love them. NARS blushes are very addicting.

afulton I also have to thank you for making that post. I wore Crazed for the first time yesterday and fell completely in LOVE
eyelove.gif
. I am now offically addicted to NARS blushes. I just need to get Exhibit A, Gina, Desire, Montenegro, Gilda, Cactus Flower, Dolce Vita, and Mounia. Seems like a long list after typing it all out.

Prototype83

Got my hands on Crazed in a swap...yaaaayyy!!

My collection now includes:

Crazed
Orgasm
Taj Mahal
Albatross
Mounia
Desire
Dolce Vita
Exhibit A
Outlaw
Albatross
Taos

EngineerBarbie

Side note: what do you ladies think about Oasis? Is the glitter too much for a WOC?
I have Oasis and I love it! Not real glittery on me--more like a sparkle. I use it pretty regularly and haven't noticed it looking crazy. I know to punch up the pink champagne color I'll put it over MAC's Luna CCB (sheered out) or some Make Up Forever Aqua Cream (#6).

So glad you got Crazed! I want it but am sooo lazy about tracking it down.

yardgirl

I might a couple of these for Christmas. I just need to decide which ones. I'm NW45/47 so Taos and Taj Mahal are speaking to me but I guess I have time to decide.

afulton

I just have to say I absolutely am in love with Torrid blush on my skin. I have had it for a while but it didn't get any love. I have been wearing it almost everyday this week. It's the perfect color for woc.

A couple of years ago, I was able to get it as a duo blush set with Albatross. It was a great buy. Two great colors!

califabulous

Ok. So I love NARS blushes and I only have two (so far). The first one I got was Taj Mahal (about a year ago) based on all the "brown girl must have" hype. It is totally beautiful but I am not on the bandwagon after wearing it. IMO it's like wearing an orange bronzer. thats how I see it on my skin. Not as a blush. Stunning on but still.....I'd much rather have other colors. Now. Exhibit A was another "brown girl must have" that I didn't buy. Well...i Just got this from Sephora on Saturday.and let me tell you...GORGEOUS. It is as bright as everyone says but you MUST know how to apply it. I barely dip my brush in and pat on my cheeks very lightly. Building up the color as I go. Seriously, if I could only have one blush forever, this would be it. I don't even like red that much...I am a pink girl. Any shade, even pepto pink. So for me to be in love with this color is saying a lot. I have about 6-7 MAC blushes but if I had it to do over again my list would look like this:

Exhibit A
Amour
Mata Hari
Lovejoy
Albatross (this is a beautiful highlight but I am not yet sure this is the best one for my skin tone. It works on anyone and I would use it when I don't want that golden bronzed highlight look. This one seems more neutral and really does look good. I like using MAC Comfort MSF and MAC golden bronze loose pwdr for highlight)
AND maybe Torrid. I try to avoid shimmer but this is sooooo gorg. Totally missed out on that torrid/albatross duo and the lovejoy/albatross duos. I am waiting for either combo to come back.

I would love to try Crazed but I will not buy it sight unseen like I did with Taj Mahal.

Did I mention I LOVE blush?!

califabulous

My Nars Blushes came today
yahoo.gif
. I am in love. My husband and my bank account will not be happy with my new found love though. I'll be finding every excuse to wear these blushes. I don't care if its just to go pump some gas.

yaaaassssss. A girl after my own heart! lol

HeavenF

I have Orgasm which is pretty but I'm kind of tired of weaing peachy blush. My husband just got me a Nars Blush Palette in Foreplay and it includes this bright pink blush and its gorgeous!

CartoonChic

I love all of my NARS blushes! Taj Mahal was my first and still favorite, but every one I have is beautiful. You can see my collection here: http://www.specktra.net/lists/display/view/id/43118.

MzBrownBeauty

My favorite blush of all time is NARS Lovejoy. It just gives the nicest rosy/bronze color to the cheeks. My least favorite is Taj Mahal. I know its a brown girl staple but I'm just not feeling it. If I'm looking to use an orange blush I always grab Sleek's Aruba which is a bright, matte orange. I can count the number of times on one hand that I've used Taj Mahal...sigh. I should've gotten Exhibit A or Cactus Flower.

CartoonChic

My favorite blush of all time is NARS Lovejoy. It just gives the nicest rosy/bronze color to the cheeks. My least favorite is Taj Mahal. I know its a brown girl staple but I'm just not feeling it. If I'm looking to use an orange blush I always grab Sleek's Aruba which is a bright, matte orange. I can count the number of times on one hand that I've used Taj Mahal...sigh. I should've gotten Exhibit A or Cactus Flower.
Aw really? That's too bad. I love Taj Mahal. I don't have any Sleek blush, but I like to use La Femme's Orange matte blush and then layer Taj Mahal over it like a highlighter. It's a really pretty effect. Maybe you can try doing that with Aruba and Taj Mahal to see how you like it.

oh oh oh i love mata hari its like the most dopest pink on brown skin

taj mahal is more like a bronzer but i love when i apply it all over especially in the winter

exhibit a is a must have for all skin complections...GO NARS for that one!

and nars constantinople cream blush is absoulutley FAB

i used to be intimidated by cream blushes but i must say! NARS CREAM BLUSHES ARE B O M B

good review hun...

CartoonChic

oh oh oh i love mata hari its like the most dopest pink on brown skin

taj mahal is more like a bronzer but i love when i apply it all over especially in the winter

exhibit a is a must have for all skin complections...GO NARS for that one!

and nars constantinople cream blush is absoulutley FAB

i used to be intimidated by cream blushes but i must say! NARS CREAM BLUSHES ARE B O M B

good review hun...
I still haven't tried a cream blush for the same reason of being intimidated. But I think I want to get all of the powder blushes on my list first before trying a cream. I'm not sure why, though.

Latest posts