Thread: .

The only things that I do throw away are mascaras after about 3 - 4 months, but I only buy drugstore normally.

I smell lipgloss regularly and throw away after approx 2 years I try to use up before I open a new one and not have too many open at the same time!
    !! TEAM LOW BUY 2014 !! GOAL 1 - SLIM MY STASH GOAL 2 - USE AND ENJOY MY STASH MORE XXXXX I HEART TEAM LOW BUY XXXXX

Quote Originally Posted by CristelleNicole View Post
    While I agree with what most of the article says, i'd have to say that I think eyeshadow and eyeliner lasts a bit more than 3 months.. at least half a year to a year. Especially when I think of some of the prices of shadow these days.. I really can't afford to replace shadows/liners so quickly :O
    Agreed. I have never thrown an eyeshadow after 3 months! I dont even scratch the surface of a shadow after 3 months let alone use them up. I think that rule is way to strict. I use up fondations after a year since I use them every day, and I don't like to have more then 2, 3 tops for that reason. I'm ok with backups. Lipsticks can turn bad but my MAC hold the test of time Besides I use them so regulary that I do finish them most of the time. Mascaras get usually dry after 3-4 months so I throw them anyway. Blushes (powder) I have forever!

All make up that I only use on myself I only control by checking the color, smelling it and being aware of how they feel on my skin. I would never throw an item away if it's working properly in all ways.

Agreed. I think that's unnecessary. I think with all the make up I have I'd end up throwing out a lot more then I actually use up.

i think i agree with some things in the article... but what do you think about a foundation with a pump on it? it has technically never been opened. do you think it would have a longer shelf life?

I disagree with the part on powder blushers. I have 2 or 3 powder blushers that are as old as er..6 yrs old..and i still use them occasionally. And so far nothing happened.

And yeah it's a mac blush... I won't keep a drugstore powder blush for more than 1.5 yrs though.

Well, for me as my skin doesn't reacts, the make up's a keeper. If i were to follow the article above i would have MANY to throw out. And i dun wanna do that.

No way m i throwing out my eyeshadows after 3mths. It's ridiculous. How am i goin to finish an eyeshadow in 3 months UNLESS i have only one or 2 colors and i keep using those 2 colors EVERYDAY. Duhz.

But i do agree with the mascara part and lipstick part. Though i'm guilty of keeping lip colors that are 4 yr old and er still using them :x

Sometimes Australia & the other times Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by geeko View Post
    I disagree with the part on powder blushers. I have 2 or 3 powder blushers that are as old as er..6 yrs old..and i still use them occasionally. And so far nothing happened.

And yeah it's a mac blush... I won't keep a drugstore powder blush for more than 1.5 yrs though.

Well, for me as my skin doesn't reacts, the make up's a keeper. If i were to follow the article above i would have MANY to throw out. And i dun wanna do that.

No way m i throwing out my eyeshadows after 3mths. It's ridiculous. How am i goin to finish an eyeshadow in 3 months UNLESS i have only one or 2 colors and i keep using those 2 colors EVERYDAY. Duhz.

But i do agree with the mascara part and lipstick part. Though i'm guilty of keeping lip colors that are 4 yr old and er still using them :x
    Haha yeah I agree that if your skin doesn't react it should be fine for blushes! & I was freaked out at the eyeshadow one! Like you said 3 months means using the same 1 or 2 shadows daily! haha :/
    NC45|Dark brown hair|Brown eyes

Read me! - www.elizabeauty.com
    Tweet me! - @elizabeauty

Oh I'm amazed for Eyeshadow and Blush , I thought that we can take it more than 3 month ! At least one years... Well I'll take it more than they said. I mean as you said, look at the price we can't do that.
    But for Fondation I agree, I do that. Thanks you for sharing !
    My blog : Http://www.royalflushblush.canalblog.com
    NC30 - Brunette - Brown eyes.

I'm guilty of having shadows and blush for a lot longer. Because I have so many colors I don't wear the same things everyday. I noticed on the MAC products though, if it's a mascara or cream or something, they have a little garbage can pic and then says 3m or 6m or however long it's good for after you open it