Which Revlon ColorStay for MUFE 117/MAC NC20

ThePowderPuff

I can't decide which Revlon Colorstay foundation to get. Revlon is not sold in Denmark, so I can't try it on.

My best match in foundation is definitely MUFE 117. I have strong yellow undertones. In Studio Fix Powder I am NC20 , in Studio Fix Fluid I am NC15. Maybe I am actually more NC 15 now that it's winter.

Based on Temptalias foundation Matrix I should get either Ivory or Buff. But I am sort of in between, so which one?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Corvs Queen

I am about a NC 20 and I wear 150 Buff and 180 Sand Beige. Sand Beige is better for me in the summer and I am wearing Buff now that I am a bit paler. I hope this helps some. And it's a great foundation by the way. Plus you can't beat the price of Colorstay for the quality.

Caderas

I'm around an NC20 and for my winter color, I use 150 Buff and 180 Sand Beige for summer! I haven't had any problems with it looking too orange or pink on my super pale-olive skin tone!

Pappetee

For reference, I am an NC20, with yellow or beige undertones.
I had been using MAC SFF and Revlon Colorstay for more than 5 years now.
Buff Beige is lighter on my skin.
I love the sand beige on winter, but I think I can get away with a medium beige during summertime.
Or you can mix both to create a wonderful combo.
Here is a color chart of Revlon Colorstay as compared to MAC SFF.
Hope it helps.
newhere.gif

Color chart for Revlon Colorstay vs MAC Studio Fix Fluid:

Ivory: NW15/ NC15 lightest of the bunch
Buff: NC20 best match for fair NCs
Sand Beige: NC20-25 with somewhat neutral undertones
Nude: NC25 with peachy undertones, definitely not for pinks or true golden
Natural Beige: NW20 tends to run pink
Medium Beige: NC27 between Sand Beige and Golden Beige
Fresh Beige: NW25 with pinky undertones
Golden Beige: NC30 with truest yellow/olive undertones
Warm Golden: NW30/NC30 with somewhat neutral undertones
True Beige: NW30 with pinky undertones (for Fresh Beige in summer)
Natural Tan: NC40/NC42 more neutral than golden caramel
Early Tan: NW35 with somewhat peach undertones
Rich Tan: NW35 with pinkish undertones
Golden Caramel: NC40/NC42 more golden than natural tan
Toast: NW43/NC45 with neutral undertones
Rich Ginger: NW45 very peachy-pink
Caramel: NC45 seems to run true to color
Cappucino: NC50 slightly more peach than Caramel
Mahogany: NW50/NC55 the darkest of NWs but not extremely peachy
Mocha: NW55 seems to be very cool toned, almost grey undertone

natp19

So i have tried the Sand beige and the Nude in Revlon colorstay.....sand beige was a better match of the two , because Nude was more peachy on me and noticeable in the natural day light. However, sand beige when applied had a greyish tint on my skin that made my complexion look dull and was especially more greyish around my mouth and chin area. Does anyone know what that means? Should i go and purchase Buff to see if that is a better match? I'm kind of stuck at this point and not sure what would help.

shellygrrl

Staff member
So i have tried the Sand beige and the Nude in Revlon colorstay.....sand beige was a better match of the two , because Nude was more peachy on me and noticeable in the natural day light. However, sand beige when applied had a greyish tint on my skin that made my complexion look dull and was especially more greyish around my mouth and chin area. Does anyone know what that means? Should i go and purchase Buff to see if that is a better match? I'm kind of stuck at this point and not sure what would help.
The hue is right, but the undertone is wrong, so it's making your complexion look ashy in places. If you go with Buff, it won't help with that; it'll likely be even more light on your skintone than Sand Beige. If you have both shades still, try mixing them together. A little bit of Nude may help you counteract the ashiness.

natp19

See that sounds right to me also! Thank you for the advice that was very helpful. I was afraid that Buff would be too light as well, but i didn't know if Buff was more of a yellow based foundation or not and i thought maybe anything would be better than the ashiness. I have light skin with yellow undertones and I'm having a hard time finding something just right! I have the Make up forever full coverage in #5 and that is dead on, so i have been trying to match a Revlon color stay shade as best as i can to that(i have also been compared to a NC20-25)...no luck yet , but maybe if i mix the Sand beige and Nude like you said it will make a difference. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one:)

Latest posts