UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

rockin

I just discovered that Boots are selling Orly nail polishes on their website. I might be late to the party here, but I've never noticed it there before, and I've looked for nail polish quite a lot recently.

rockin

i'd love to work in the cosmetics industry one day - Mac is my brand of choice. the thing that puts me off benefit is the fact they rely on grabbing customers as they walk past - it's all very hard sell with them. and i have worked in sales for many years and i still can't hard sell - it's just not me.

The Benefit staff in our House of Fraser are a bit pushy with the sales, too. You can't just look at anything without them coming up to talk to you about it.

sonia84

Seriously, you can't even glance in their direction before your man-handled into the chair and makeup is applied. I hate the expectation that after such treatment you are almost expected to buy said items applied. Err, No. I just found out the other day my local boots have set up a counter just as you come into the store. Yeah...I'm staying away from Boots.

LMD84

The Benefit staff in our House of Fraser are a bit pushy with the sales, too. You can't just look at anything without them coming up to talk to you about it.
yeah i'm not a fan of sales people like that. me and my guys always approach people, say hello and just let them know we are here if they have questions. if they stand around for more than a few minutes we then ask if they need help again but with different wording. but most of the time people actually turn to us and just ask because they know we are here for them :)

rockin

yeah i'm not a fan of sales people like that. me and my guys always approach people, say hello and just let them know we are here if they have questions. if they stand around for more than a few minutes we then ask if they need help again but with different wording. but most of the time people actually turn to us and just ask because they know we are here for them :)

Ooh, you're right - I've just been and checked. They're 5ml. Thanks for pointing that out to me

Anitacska

I'm very excited about Semi Precious, love all the mineralize collections.

Yes, the Meteorites are lovely, but actually they are not that pricey especially when you look at their weight (30-33g), they actually work out cheaper than most other brands gram per gram. The voyage powders are the really expensive ones, they cost over £100 each, but they are so pretty and thanks to eBay I've managed to buy all of them so far. I know, I'm crazy, I just can't resist.

Alisha1

Seriously, you can't even glance in their direction before your man-handled into the chair and makeup is applied. I hate the expectation that after such treatment you are almost expected to buy said items applied. Err, No. I just found out the other day my local boots have set up a counter just as you come into the store. Yeah...I'm staying away from Boots.
I hate when that happens, and when they stare or stand their - it makes it impossible to shop! :mad:

sonia84

I hate when that happens, and when they stare or stand their - it makes it impossible to shop! :mad:
Or you have the snooty Higher End counters when you could be standing on fire and they wouldn't glance your way. I get very intimidated in Debenhams
cry.gif

Anitacska

If you're interested, check out my collection:

http://pleasureflush.blogspot.com/2010/09/and-my-collection-is-finally-complete.html

Plus I have a new one:

http://pleasureflush.blogspot.com/2010/11/guerlain-meteorites-poudre-dor-voyage.html

(Hope it's okay to post these links here.)

LMD84

OMG your voyage powders are making me drool! so pretty - both powder and compact! do you actually use them or just have them for collection? because i think i'd be scared to use them! hee hee!

Anitacska

They are gorgeous, aren't they? I use some of them, but I actually have back ups for those (some just refills, some with compacts), so I still get to see the pretty patterns. How awful is that?!? In my defence, I've only ever paid full price for one of them that was a LE from 2004, the rest I got for around half price. I fell in love with the butterfly one when it came out in 2008 and started collecting them.

OMG your voyage powders are making me drool! so pretty - both powder and compact! do you actually use them or just have them for collection? because i think i'd be scared to use them! hee hee!
Is anyone planning on buying any of the cream shadows from Flighty? Temptalia gave them a really bad review, they look awful alone. I don't think I'll buy any of them, I have a few longlasting cream shadows already and Mac Paintpots, so I'd much rather stick to them. Got Greed UDPP in Florida, it's really pretty! :)

Oh and Lou, I'll post some pictures later, but I still need to unpack half our stuff and put the washing out on the line. At least I'm not jetlagged now, even managed to wake up before 9 am! My husband nearly missed the royal wedding, he slept until nearly 11!

LMD84

Is anyone planning on buying any of the cream shadows from Flighty? Temptalia gave them a really bad review, they look awful alone. I don't think I'll buy any of them, I have a few longlasting cream shadows already and Mac Paintpots, so I'd much rather stick to them. Got Greed UDPP in Florida, it's really pretty! :)
Oh and Lou, I'll post some pictures later, but I still need to unpack half our stuff and put the washing out on the line. At least I'm not jetlagged now, even managed to wake up before 9 am! My husband nearly missed the royal wedding, he slept until nearly 11!
oh well if you have back ups then that is ok! one to look at and one to use right?! hee hee! :) oh and i'm not buying any of the flighty shadows. i am being sent one so that i can have a play and see if i can get it to work and then review it - but not splashing any cash on them myself. they seem like mac didn't put much thought into them :(

and yay for seeing pictures! i can't wait!

Anitacska

I've put some pictures in my album if you're interested. I also posted pictures of my huge haul on my blog (everything put together does look like a massive haul, I have to agree, I did go a bit crazy, lol).

Quote: Originally Posted by LMD84

oh well if you have back ups then that is ok! one to look at and one to use right?! hee hee! :) oh and i'm not buying any of the flighty shadows. i am being sent one so that i can have a play and see if i can get it to work and then review it - but not splashing any cash on them myself. they seem like mac didn't put much thought into them :(

and yay for seeing pictures! i can't wait!

rockin

Wow, what a haul!

Those Physicians Formula things are really pretty, and I love the necklace top left in your blog picture too

Anitacska

Thanks. :) I'd been eyeing up those PF powders and blushes since I saw them on Musings of a Muse, they are so pretty, and quite cheap too. And the necklaces were only like £3 each, it was insane! Oh and the Sketchers were buy one get one half price, so I got two pairs (one pair is Tone Ups) for just £60. That's like the price of one pair.

Wow, what a haul!
Those Physicians Formula things are really pretty, and I love the necklace top left in your blog picture too

LMD84

OMG!! you beauty haul is amazing! i want to roll around in all your goodies! lol! and yeah the pf powders are so freaking cute and i have been after those for a while! i love the patterns on them! and i love skechers too! thanks for uploading some florida pics too! they are lovely!

Latest posts