UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!

beautycool

Have any of you ladies shopped at nordstrorm or drugstore.com using a US forwarding Address?if so how do you manage to check out when your billing address and shipping address are not the same? Ive been trying for the past 2 hours but it wont let me check out using uk billing adress and if I try a us billing address it wont match my credit info? Help :(

Hi from what I can remember since I been using Nordstrom in 2011 ish that it was a nightmare to put a uk address in for billing then a USA address for delievery it's abit confusing I don't even think there is a option to use PayPal
and I wouldn't even use a mail box USA adress from a mailing company
I just been charged customs £15 only though it's always under 15.00
it always seems to be with stackry no matter how much I put down
anyhow with my friends in the USA my parcels never got stopped even with 60-80 dollars worth and the rest
but stackry omg they have helped me so much great customer services
even when I have emailed them or called them.
Just keep trying it will eventually work
i will try and look now for you to see
I can remember it was a nightmare
I found Sephora the same too
but more on nords
so you not alone on that one Hun

beautycool

Some sites like ulta and Chanel will not accept a uk billing address need to have USA billing and USA delievery anyhow if you ask your mail box provider you can set it up with them by contacting them then they will do it for a small charge I never done through a company before

plus I cannot wait for my guerlain metorites and my Chanel highlighter :) been waiting ages as had to get postage together which was only 35 dollars plus got a few other things in parcel :)

beautycool

image.png
And you Defo have it on this bit too under the USA address not on the uk site because sometimes when you type in Nordstrom it comes up with the U.K. One
then at the bottom you click USA address then it takes you to the USA page sorry it won't let me send this to your pm as it won't let me send pictures to anyone :(

anyone ne else finds that it asks me what url I want to send it to :( ever since the other day

beautycool

image.png
After you have set up a account see I just done a new account
it comes up with the next section
billing address on the USA website not the uk site
it's says a box where it says uk or USA etc you choose your country uk it will come up :) hope this helps
no PayPal option either
it's just saying cards

beautycool

image.png

You our should have this on your screen before the picture above
you click your account it will come up with a little list
and it will say payments or something
click on it that's where it will ask you to choose your country see above
hope this helps I find it hard to explain things
I would of pm you but i cannot send pictures

rockin

Customs is a pain. I just got charged Customs 2 days in a row - the first time I had to pay £11.07 on a $22 DVD I bought from America, and the second it was £19.59 for some makeup I bought from a lady here on Specktra, also from America. £8 of each is of course the Post Office handling charge, so they've made £16 out of me for putting a couple of cards through my door asking me to pay the Customs charge (plus their own) before they would deliver. There really should be a way of paying Customs charges without having to pay the PO for collecting it, especially when I pay the charge online.

rockin

Does anyone know if we got/will be getting the Carousel Meteorites in this country?

Edit - just seen it's exclusive to Selfridges and it's £41.50 :(

I just noticed we have a link for MAC Select Program at the bottom of the MAC page. It doesn't seem to go anywhere yet, though.

Last edited:

Anitacska

Does anyone know if we got/will be getting the Carousel Meteorites in this country?

I just noticed we have a link for MAC Select Program at the bottom of the MAC page. It doesn't seem to go anywhere yet, though.

Sorry to hear about your customs charges, it's so annoying with the £8 on top. Luckily *touch wood* I haven't had to pay any customs in ages, did have a couple of small charges from Femme Fatale, but that's through DHL and they only charge you the VAT, no extra fees. I do have most of my purchases sent to my US postbox though, so I just put down a very low value. Never been charged customs on those, and that again is DHL anyway, so no post office fees.

I thought the Meteorites would be Selfridges exclusives, apparently they are very limited. I ordered mine from Nordstrom, probably cost less than having them delivered from Selfridges, even though Guerlain's US prices are the same as the UK (not $ for £ like Mac, or worse).

Marsha Pomells

I wonder if they'll credit our past purchases without issue...

beautycool

Sorry to hear about your customs charges, it's so annoying with the £8 on top. Luckily *touch wood* I haven't had to pay any customs in ages, did have a couple of small charges from Femme Fatale, but that's through DHL and they only charge you the VAT, no extra fees. I do have most of my purchases sent to my US postbox though, so I just put down a very low value. Never been charged customs on those, and that again is DHL anyway, so no post office fees.

I thought the Meteorites would be Selfridges exclusives, apparently they are very limited. I ordered mine from Nordstrom, probably cost less than having them delivered from Selfridges, even though Guerlain's US prices are the same as the UK (not $ for £ like Mac, or worse).

Hi hi yeah I keep getting it through Dhl lol £15 something this time
12 something last time I don't mind as I end up with my goodies and hubby Pays it which is a good thing :)) I ordered mine from nords too and got my ebates had to remember that
but anyhow yeah I have to phone customs as they don't tell me how much so I phone up can pay by card or I do it via PayPal
so I do it by pp safer way and I put the charge in which isn't to bad for over 100 dollars of goods :)
my husband could pick up from airport :) im stead of getting it delievered lol I did say to him last time as I think they get sent to somewhere in feltham the next stop is
not sure i did have the address of where it was at and where it goes to before my home???????????????????????? atleast I know it's safe I bet my balls are broken :( :(

beautycool

I did hear that the Mac programme was for non pro only
and would be on purchases that we have bought when got it set up and running
I heard that over insta but people can be wrong :)

mushroomteagirl

Has anyone bought anything from the UD Summer collection? It's not been released at my local counters yet :(

I purchased direct from the UD website where it's been up for a few weeks now.

I got the pink pencil and the pink and light gold highlighters. I didn't get the peach duochrome one as it's too dark for me and i'm more of a matte or satin blush girl. The highlighters are nice but not as good as i'd hoped. The pink pencil is a bit rubbish but i've only used it on my waterline where it looks a bit patchy.

I really wanted the BB cream thing but i had a feeling it would be too dark for me even in the lightest shade having seen some online swatches.

Last edited:

mushroomteagirl

I'm excited for this. I really want that So Select lipstick as it looks such a beautiful everyday colour. I haven't bought anything from MAC in a while until this week when i got the Halsey lipstick and Tinashe palette. I've only swatched the lipstick on my hand so far but the palette is actually surprisingly nice and pigmented.

I'm not feeling any of the upcoming MAC collections though apart from Poesia and even then mainly for the beautiful packaging. Hopefully for the future the Star Trek colection will not disappoint :)

rockin

The new limited edition Givenchy Magnolia collection (powder and lipstick) is now available at Escentual.

leonah

to all of you who have ordered through a forwarding shipping company from the us, did you guys order less in more packages or the other way around to avoid a hefty toll fee and so on? not sure if I should order all at one from the us mac site or do two separate orders

rockin

Brooke Candy is up, if anyone is interested.

Thank you, I just got Doo Wop. I also got a couple of the new x9 eyeshadow palettes - they are £25 each, whereas the existing ones are £30 each. The new Mellow Moderns x15 palette is £49.50 while the existing x15 palettes are still £65.

Also up on MAC are the Lion Babe eyeliner and the Pro Beyond Twisted Lash mascara with the bendy wand.

There's free named day delivery if you spend over £50 and use the code BLUSHING. Tuesday is the earliest available delivery date.

Latest posts