Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

EDITED BY ADMIN FOR FIRST POST TO REFLECT CURRENT INFORMATION

Beauty blogs are more popular than ever at the moment. You can read reviews, see photographs, and watch videos on up and coming products from popular cosmetic brands around the world. We all know the social creatures bloggers are, so after seeing quite a few of them dropping hints about visiting the MAC production facility in Canada we had a feeling something was heating up in the blog-o-sphere.

Last week a story ran in WWD that MAC had quietly garnered creative ideas from roughly 80 bloggers. James Gager, creative director of MAC Cosmetics worldwide then chose 10 of those ideas from beauty bloggers to have their dream colors realized in a online exclusive ‘MAC Blogger’ collection. The collection will consist of 5 eyeshadows and 5 lipglasses.

Thanks to Amber @
    www.beautybloggingjunkie.com we now know who the 10 bloggers are:

Amber - www.beautybloggingjunkie.com
    Karen - www.makeupandbeautyblog.com
    Lianne - www.themakeupgirl.net
    Lily - www.beautymaverick.com
    Wendy - www.nitrolicious.com
    Ellen - www.lipstickpowdernpaint.com
    Patrice - www.afrobella.com
    Aileen - www.theshadesofu.com
    Christine - www.temptalia.com

So what are you guys wanting to see from this collection?

Update 6/1/2011 - Not sure what happened with the 10th blogger, but there are only 9 confirmed bloggers participating in the final release.

----------- ORIGINAL POST BELOW

Soooo here's some buzz I found about a future "Blogger Collection" from MAC...

http://www.bellasugar.com/MAC-Blogge...-2011-16073096

and so so sorry to hear about your cat OctoberViolet : (
    MAC owns my firstborn child...or three...or seventeen...

MAC Blogger Collection 2011

Very interesting. I knew that Christine from Temptalia went to Toronto & said it was a big secret. I am a little bummed that no lipsticks will be with this collection. I'm not much of a lipgloss person. I will wait to see the colors though before passing any judgement. Hoping the eyeshadows will be awesome colors!

Quote Originally Posted by retrofox View Post

They should've gone all out and done blushes and lipsticks, too. Perhaps even come up with new products. We'll know more later, obviously. All I know is this collection better rock. These bloggers hear from us and they know what we like so they better represent! It's an awesome opportunity and boy will I have a lot to rant about if it's the same old damn colors.

Quote Originally Posted by shontay07108 View Post
    They should've gone all out and done blushes and lipsticks, too. Perhaps even come up with new products. We'll know more later, obviously. All I know is this collection better rock. These bloggers hear from us and they know what we like so they better represent! It's an awesome opportunity and boy will I have a lot to rant about if it's the same old damn colors.
    My first thoughts exactly! I can only imagine the criticism they (Temptalia the most I think) have to face, when the products and colours are not very unique and dupeable.

If you'd like to support our site with a subscription please go to this page:

Paid Subscriptions - Specktra

Hmmm. Wondering if my favorite color of periwinkle will pop up with this collection?? Probably not. I can wish though.

Hm... I'm going to be cynical here for a moment... Yes, bloggers do hear from us, but we folks hear on Specktra generally know a fair bit about makeup- what's available, what works, what products constitute good value, etc. The problem is that we are in the minority of blog readers. If you look at the vast majority of comments on blogs, they come from people who are more "superficially" interested in makeup and whose tastes are pretty "safe". I think that this collection has the potential to have a lot of colours with broad appeal, but relatively little that's really new or special. Even limiting the selection to shadows and glosses, I think shows that they're really interested only in shades that are going to have really broad popular appeal- not as many people wear blush and lipstick as wear shadow and gloss.

I salute Mac for being on top of things and realising the importance of the internet, but personally, I'm not expecting too much that will excite me from the collection.

nc 15/ nars mont blanc/ siberia, black hair, grey/ blue eyes TEAM INSOMNIA! Team Purple
    I have a lipstick problem.
    check my whole blog OR just the beauty bits

Specktra is everywhere! Facebook. Twitter. Instagram.

I'll still hold on to hope because I pray it's not a bomb like Flighty or dull as hell like Fashion Flower. If it's just shadow and gloss, it sounds like a teenybopper collection to me. I get what you're saying, though. Any time a blogger tries something "different" or goes outside of the "rules" a lot of the replies back are "omg, I don't like this" blah blah. Also, there's the fact that many of us with big collections can't really find very unique colors to add to our collections anymore. What I hope is that this collection has a cool concept and that the products, though they probably won't be "new" will perform well and excite most of us on some level. Something like Dare to Wear in that it was something familiar, but with a twist. Katred, my friend it's not my usual role, but I will play the optimist. :lol:

Wow.....that sounds interessting!!!

I can not wait for more information....but I think that this might become a suuuuuuuuuuper pretty collection because I am sure that the
    bloggers will have very nice ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofox View Post

#TeamBuyAllTheThingsThatILove

That sounds so awesome! I cannot wait to hear more info about the MAC Blogger collection!
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FabDiva20
    Blog: http://www.fabdiva20.com
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/FabDiva20

Going on an alluring adventure with MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection while I can be playful with MAC Playful Collection!

Hmmm..... unless there's something extremely unique and interesting, I'll probably skip the blogger collection. I agree just shadows and lip gloss is kind of weak, but they probably wanna keep the collection small and kind of safe since not all of their consumers are online talking about MAC like we are all the time!
    NW15//Music Addict//Team Insomnia//Team Purple//Team Gray

Katred, my friend it's not my usual role, but I will play the optimist.
    what?!?! lol!

The blogger collection sounds amazing!!! Hopefully that means we won't be disappointed by the textures in this collection! No patchy, awful shadows.
    Check out my sale!!

Quote Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post
    Hmmm..... unless there's something extremely unique and interesting, I'll probably skip the blogger collection. I agree just shadows and lip gloss is kind of weak, but they probably wanna keep the collection small and kind of safe since not all of their consumers are online talking about MAC like we are all the time!
    very true.. we are only a small community.. there are other people who buy mac and probably use the safe colours.. they have to think abt the mass audience..

i wish the masses rocked bright colours everyday!!!

[quote name="BeckyBenett" url="/forum/thread/169827/early-buzz-regarding-mac-collections-products-coming-in-2011-discussion/2400#post_2112738"]

thanks!! this is exciting!!

hmm we have to acknowledge the fact that most of the pple out there reading reviews and stuff are teenagers. so i wont be surprised if they are geared toward that audience. however, everyone has different tastes so in terms of colour, etc. its really difficult to please even half the people out there..
    for me, whatever colours they come up with will probably be shades they themselves wear.. i think its not gg to be spectacular spectacular (moulin rouge anyone? heehee).. bts its gg to be consumer friendly.. as long as they do not attempt new formulas which will fail (i.e. big bouncing shadows), they are pretty safe..
    im guessing mostly pinks and neutrals for the lippies! in which case, im in!! yes, im the stereotypical girl who loves her nudes and pinks! bt i dont care cause i LOVE them!!

very true.. we are only a small community.. there are other people who buy mac and probably use the safe colours.. they have to think abt the mass audience..
    [/quote] I'm pretty sure temptalia will throw a red in there. Having read her blog for ages, I know she loves red lips and I'm counting on that. I don't think mass appeal is a mac priority. There are a handful of collections every year where it seems like WOC are an afterthought and there are some collections where there are difficult colors for those who are pale. Appealing to a lot of people shouldn't come at the expense of creativity. I hope they really consider the texture of the shades. A matte shadow will behave much differently than a lustre. Also, some of these nudes would be less jarring if they knocked it off with the satan finish and opted for a lustre instead. We will see. *[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/169827/early-buzz-regarding-mac-collections-products-coming-in-2011-discussion/2400#post_2112749"]i wish the masses rocked bright colours everyday!!!
    [/quote] You and me both sister.

The blogger collection sounds so much fun, I really hope there are some interesting yet wearable colours in it. I want it to be exciting and things we haven't seen over and over but I wont buy it unless I can see myself using it. I think some 'safe' colours would be good but as long as they have excellent formulation but some 'more out there' things would be cool too. I think it is great MAC are getting their customers involved and hopefully the bloggers they have selected represent the things that their readers/followers/subscribers have been asking for. I also hope it will be available worldwide because I don't see the point of it being US only, it wont represent the whole online community which is what blogs are for.

If it's only online I can't afford it
    NC 20-25, brown eyes, mahogany/brown hair, Team Peacocky, Team Extra Dimension, team HEAVENLY CREATURE!!

ALLURING AQUATIC http://make-up-deer.blogspot.it/2014/05/mac-alluring-aquatic-playland-e.html
    MY WEB SITE (photography) http://lauradariapezzini.com

Praying for the return of Tendertones!!!!!!!!!! This may be our only chance
    Eyes lined...lips glossed
    NARS blush junkie

I hope that the eyeshadows have some Veluxe Pearl finishes..... or dare I wish, Starflash? I really want this to be a follow up to the Starlfash shadow collections or Dare To Wear from last year. I want COLOR!!
    Nikki
    Visit my blog ~ The Glitter Bomb ~ <3
    and my webstore ~*dxgirly designs*~ for cute girly apparel designed just by me! Give it a like on facebook!

I think the blogger collection will be more about the favorite colours of the bloggers themselves. Too bad that there are no lipsticks included, I am hoping for some very interesting repromotes of eyeshadow colours
    n1 - green-brown - ash gray

Quote Originally Posted by bis View Post
    I think the blogger collection will be more about the favorite colours of the bloggers themselves. Too bad that there are no lipsticks included, I am hoping for some very interesting repromotes of eyeshadow colours
    yeah maybe a couple of bloggers just asked for re-promotes! that would be good!

if its only lipglass and eye shadows... i pass. I hope its repromotion of fav shades or like u said fav colors and not the blogger's actual "made" colors...

Quote Originally Posted by bis View Post

NC/NW10 but use Temptu airbrush with a little white mixed in pod
    My Pink Face: Acne prone combination skin, sensitive eyes (mostly wear glasses), dry lips
    Make Up Priorities: Mascara, foundation, highlight, bright lips, contour (bronzer), blush, wash of color on lids
    Colors: for eyes=>neutral, for lips=>neonish pinks, purple, red, for blush=>peachy, purple

I personally hope they are specially made shades. I don't want repromotes unless they are willing to go way back or back to products that were damn near impossible to get b/c they sold so fast.

Beauty blogs are more popular than ever at the moment. You can read reviews, see photographs, and watch videos on up and coming products from popular cosmetic brands around the world. We all know the social creatures bloggers are, so after seeing quite a few of them dropping hints about visiting the MAC production facility in Canada we had a feeling something was heating up in the blog-o-sphere.

Last week a story ran in WWD that MAC had quietly garnered creative ideas from roughly 80 bloggers. James Gager, creative director of MAC Cosmetics worldwide then chose 10 of those ideas from beauty bloggers to have their dream colors realized in a online exclusive ‘MAC Blogger’ collection. The collection will consist of 5 eyeshadows and 5 lipglasses.

Thanks to Amber @ www.beautybloggingjunkie.com we now know who the 10 bloggers are:

Lianne - www.themakeupgirl.com
    Karla - www.karlasugar.net

so i wonder what these bloggers came up with and are you happy about the choices?

Oh nice! I was wondering who got to go there And I only know half of these blogs, so yay! new blogs to check out!

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-blogger-collection-2011#post_2113154"]

Thanks to Amber @ www.beautybloggingjunkie.com we now know who 9 of the 10 bloggers are&#58;

Lianne - www.themakeupgirl.com

[/quote] I'm only familiar with Karen, Christine, Aileen, and Patrice. On that end, I am happy. I think they will have great things to contribute. As for the other, I don't know and I'm not really digging their blogs after some kicking around. I'm eager to see the colors. Seems like a pretty small collection though. I think it's cute that it'll only be available online, but that may cause hesitation because we can't play ourselves. Just like with Mickey Contractor, some of us were reluctant to order because we weren't sure of the colors and textures. We will have to take another leap of faith here.

I love following Christines work, so I am hoping that she does something cool :]

And if it is re-promotes that would be equally as awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by thevansleaving View Post
    I love following Christines work, so I am hoping that she does something cool :]

And if it is re-promotes that would be equally as awesome.
    i no longer think it is re-promotes because they had been asked to come up with some colours themselves

I really hope it's not repromotes. That needs to be some sort of separate collection that includes more items like lipstick, blush and msf's.

Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast