MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

LMD84

MAC Blogger Collection 2011

I think the blogger collection will be more about the favorite colours of the bloggers themselves. Too bad that there are no lipsticks included, I am hoping for some very interesting repromotes of eyeshadow colours
smiles.gif
yeah maybe a couple of bloggers just asked for re-promotes! that would be good!

Piarpreet

if its only lipglass and eye shadows... i pass. I hope its repromotion of fav shades or like u said fav colors and not the blogger's actual "made" colors...

I think the blogger collection will be more about the favorite colours of the bloggers themselves. Too bad that there are no lipsticks included, I am hoping for some very interesting repromotes of eyeshadow colours
smiles.gif

shontay07108

I personally hope they are specially made shades. I don't want repromotes unless they are willing to go way back or back to products that were damn near impossible to get b/c they sold so fast.

LMD84

Beauty blogs are more popular than ever at the moment. You can read reviews, see photographs, and watch videos on up and coming products from popular cosmetic brands around the world. We all know the social creatures bloggers are, so after seeing quite a few of them dropping hints about visiting the MAC production facility in Canada we had a feeling something was heating up in the blog-o-sphere.

Last week a story ran in WWD that MAC had quietly garnered creative ideas from roughly 80 bloggers. James Gager, creative director of MAC Cosmetics worldwide then chose 10 of those ideas from beauty bloggers to have their dream colors realized in a online exclusive ‘MAC Blogger’ collection. The collection will consist of 5 eyeshadows and 5 lipglasses.

Thanks to Amber @ www.beautybloggingjunkie.com we now know who the 10 bloggers are:

Amber - www.beautybloggingjunkie.com
Karen - www.makeupandbeautyblog.com
Lianne - www.themakeupgirl.com
Lily - www.beautymaverick.com
Wendy - www.nitrolicious.com
Ellen - www.lipstickpowdernpaint.com
Patrice - www.afrobella.com
Aileen - www.theshadesofu.com
Christine - www.temptalia.com
Karla - www.karlasugar.net

So what are you guys wanting to see from this collection?

mayflower

Oh nice! I was wondering who got to go there :) And I only know half of these blogs, so yay! new blogs to check out!

shontay07108

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/174878/mac-blogger-collection-2011#post_2113154"]
Beauty blogs are more popular than ever at the moment. You can read reviews, see photographs, and watch videos on up and coming products from popular cosmetic brands around the world. We all know the social creatures bloggers are, so after seeing quite a few of them dropping hints about visiting the MAC production facility in Canada we had a feeling something was heating up in the blog-o-sphere.

Last week a story ran in WWD that MAC had quietly garnered creative ideas from roughly 80 bloggers. James Gager, creative director of MAC Cosmetics worldwide then chose 10 of those ideas from beauty bloggers to have their dream colors realized in a online exclusive ‘MAC Blogger’ collection. The collection will consist of 5 eyeshadows and 5 lipglasses.

Thanks to Amber @ www.beautybloggingjunkie.com we now know who 9 of the 10 bloggers are:

Amber - www.beautybloggingjunkie.com
Karen - www.makeupandbeautyblog.com
Lianne - www.themakeupgirl.com
Lily - www.beautymaverick.com
Wendy - www.nitrolicious.com
Ellen - www.lipstickpowdernpaint.com
Patrice - www.afrobella.com
Aileen - www.theshadesofu.com
Christine - www.temptalia.com

So what are you guys wanting to see from this collection?
[/quote] I'm only familiar with Karen, Christine, Aileen, and Patrice. On that end, I am happy. I think they will have great things to contribute. As for the other, I don't know and I'm not really digging their blogs after some kicking around. I'm eager to see the colors. Seems like a pretty small collection though. I think it's cute that it'll only be available online, but that may cause hesitation because we can't play ourselves. Just like with Mickey Contractor, some of us were reluctant to order because we weren't sure of the colors and textures. We will have to take another leap of faith here.

I love following Christines work, so I am hoping that she does something cool :]

And if it is re-promotes that would be equally as awesome.

LMD84

I love following Christines work, so I am hoping that she does something cool :]

And if it is re-promotes that would be equally as awesome.

i no longer think it is re-promotes because they had been asked to come up with some colours themselves :)

shontay07108

I really hope it's not repromotes. That needs to be some sort of separate collection that includes more items like lipstick, blush and msf's.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not that it necessarily means anything, but I remembered that Christine from Temptalia had done an April Fool's joke a while back based on the idea that Mac had agreed to do a "Temptalia Collection". Since she listed out the products and everything, it might give some insight into what she'd like to see, at least:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-for-temptalia-collection-for-summer-2010

That's a lot of Veluxe Pearls listed...

littlepickle

Does anyone else remember Temptalia's April Fool's MAC collection?

I know it's only going to be eyeshadows and lipglosses, but I would diiiie for those pigments - okay, for most of these to be honest! I wonder if we'll see any of the glosses or eyeshadows she made up for this in real life?
th_drool.gif

Can't wait to see what all the bloggers come up with! I agree it will be a relatively safe collection, but I'm still looking forward to it - will be begging for CPs or gritting my teeth at MyUSAddress' fees!

MACina

This collection came into my mind immediatly when I heard of the blogger collection!!!

They should release exactly this collection
eyelove.gif

Does anyone else remember Temptalia's April Fool's MAC collection?

I know it's only going to be eyeshadows and lipglosses, but I would diiiie for those pigments - okay, for most of these to be honest! I wonder if we'll see any of the glosses or eyeshadows she made up for this in real life?
th_drool.gif

Can't wait to see what all the bloggers come up with! I agree it will be a relatively safe collection, but I'm still looking forward to it - will be begging for CPs or gritting my teeth at MyUSAddress' fees!

littlepickle

it would be nice of there was an awesome teal. but equally i'm pretty certain it is us only so therefore i wont be able to get it even if it was.
Could you get a CP, Lou? You could try MyUSAddress.com if not - it can be pricey but if it's something you really, really want... ;)

LMD84

potentially :) i guess we shall see what happens - as a whole i am not sure about what i think of this collection - we need more details :)

sayah

it would be nice of there was an awesome teal. but equally i'm pretty certain it is us only so therefore i wont be able to get it even if it was.
Oh no! Me neither. I have to hope for some nice member here to help me with a CP.
sigh.gif

Latest posts