MOTD | MAC of the Day: Lychee Luxe Lipglass
It’s MOTD time again. Woot! Today’s feature is Lychee Luxe Lipglass. This is one that has been around for quite a bit, but seems to kind of stay under the radar. I thought it was time I kicked it out into the spotlight for you.
Lychee Luxe: Pinky-coral with golden shimmer
Lychee Luxe has a good amount of colour pay-off. As far as the shade, Lychee Luxe looks more orange in the tube than it actually applies. It goes on as more of a peach. The gold pearl is pretty apparent in this gloss and in my opinion is really what makes it a winner. The gold pearl just pops when you add Lychee Luxe over most lipsticks and liners. It is also a really flexible colour as it can bend into so many different shades with a little help from a lipstick or liner. Here are a few:
The colour, frost and gold pearl make it wearable on a good range of lip pigmentations and skin tones. This is great on skin with yellow undertones, but don’t let that rule it out for you if you are an NW. I am an NW20 and love this gloss. Here are a few of my favourite pairing suggestions (all MAC):
- Line lips with Magenta liner and blend in, then apply Lychee Luxe. By far my fave look. You will LOVE it!
- Line lips with Redd liner. Apply a coat of Brave Red lipstick then blot it with a tissue. Apply a coat of Lychee Luxe over your red-stained lips. They will look like they are on fire! The key to this look is a yellow-based red.
- For a nice, subtle pinky coral, apply Lychee Luxe over Sandy B lipstick
- For a warmer look, try Mahogany liner, Fresh Moroccan lipstick and Lychee Luxe lipglass. This is great for med-dark skintones.
- Nightmoth or Mahogany liner, “O” lipstick, then Lychee Luxe. This is a WoC stunner.
Who rocks Lychee Luxe? Tried it? Love it? Loathe it? How do you wear it?