Resolutely Red (pictured at left) is a lustre, but not a shy one. It gives great, buildable colour. It is quite similar to Dubonnet. Like Dubonnet it has a mahogany, brick-red undertone to it, but Resolutely Red is lighter and appears a touch more red. Additionally, Dubonnet is an amplified cream so by the nature of its formula, it will go on thicker than Resolutely Red’s lustre formula.
Resolutely Red screams fall, it screams classic and it screams sexy. Definitely worth checking out. Just remember that whilst Resolutely Red is a great colour, if you already have Dubonnet, weigh the differences carefully as they may be too close to justify a purchase.
- Swatches, L-R: Resolutely Red, Dubonnet
What do you think? Love? Like? Meh?
It’s MOTD time again. Woot! Today’s feature is Lychee Luxe Lipglass. This is one that has been around for quite a bit, but seems to kind of stay under the radar. I thought it was time I kicked it out into the spotlight for you.
Lychee Luxe: Pinky-coral with golden shimmer
Lychee Luxe has a good amount of colour pay-off. As far as the shade, Lychee Luxe looks more orange in the tube than it actually applies. It goes on as more of a peach. The gold pearl is pretty apparent in this gloss and in my opinion is really what makes it a winner. The gold pearl just pops when you add Lychee Luxe over most lipsticks and liners. It is also a really flexible colour as it can bend into so many different shades with a little help from a lipstick or liner. Here are a few:
The colour, frost and gold pearl make it wearable on a good range of lip pigmentations and skin tones. This is great on skin with yellow undertones, but don’t let that rule it out for you if you are an NW. I am an NW20 and love this gloss. Here are a few of my favourite pairing suggestions (all MAC):
- Line lips with Magenta liner and blend in, then apply Lychee Luxe. By far my fave look. You will LOVE it!
- Line lips with Redd liner. Apply a coat of Brave Red lipstick then blot it with a tissue. Apply a coat of Lychee Luxe over your red-stained lips. They will look like they are on fire! The key to this look is a yellow-based red.
- For a nice, subtle pinky coral, apply Lychee Luxe over Sandy B lipstick
- For a warmer look, try Mahogany liner, Fresh Moroccan lipstick and Lychee Luxe lipglass. This is great for med-dark skintones.
- Nightmoth or Mahogany liner, “O” lipstick, then Lychee Luxe. This is a WoC stunner.
Who rocks Lychee Luxe? Tried it? Love it? Loathe it? How do you wear it?
This is my go to look when I can’t think of any cool colour combo’s. It can easily go from day to night. Looks great with a dark/red lip!
Thanks for looking!
I am in love with Mac lipglosses and Russian red lipgloss is gorgeous its my fave red x
The contest is now closed. Thanks for participating. The winner will be notified via PM in the Specktra.net forums.
- This contest is open to all registered Specktra members. This contest will end on Monday, 25 May 09 at 5:00pm EST(US). I will notify the winner via PM in the Specktra forums. Good luck!
Be mine or not
Mac Peach Twist Blush
Avon Pink l/p