or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For the NC45's

post #1 of 148
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I've been searching for info pertaining to us NC45's and it's kinda hard. So I figured I'd just start a thread where we could exchange ideas, give recc's and stuff. I mean, MUA's prescribe this shade to most of us anyway, why the heck not have our own thread for it!

Happy posting ladies... Hopefully somebody else thinks this is a good idea... lol


To start the ball rolling:

NC45 Studio Tech/ Studio Fix
Soft Sable - L'oreal True Match
Capuccino - Revlon Color stay (Too dark, but it's summer and I'm getting there)

I'll come back with e/s and blush rec's from my very limited stash later.
post #2 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

im also a nc45. i learned from local mac artist to mix nc45 with nc50 to cover my hyperpigments on my face.im curious to see what else you ladies have to say
post #3 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Hi! I'm an NC 44-45 usually the latter. I think one of the most important tricks I've learned for anyone with tan and darker skin with serious under eye circles is to always use a PINK undertone concealer to avoid ashiness and greyness. Even if you're already pink toned use a pink based concealer. For example if you're NC 45, go with a NW 40 or so concealer. NC 40? Go with NW 35 and so on... If anyone wants to see a comparison pic of using a pink based to yellow based concealer on the eyes, let me know and I'll update this =D.
Color cosmetic wise I own alot of different brands and products so just give me a category and I'll be happy to list my favs. I like bright and dark colors the most.
post #4 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Okay I have been matched to NC45, and this is other things I have been matched to:

Mac NC45
Bobby Brown even finish foundation: warm almond
Prescriptive: real ginger? (I think is just a little dark in the winter)
Bobby Brown bronzer: deep

I love to wear gingerly blush by mac, and mac's lipsticks in shag, fetish and chintz on chintz.

I love beaux lipgloss, pop mode, 4N, 3N and viva glam V
post #5 of 148
Thread Starter 

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty View Post
Hi! I'm an NC 44-45 usually the latter. I think one of the most important tricks I've learned for anyone with tan and darker skin with serious under eye circles is to always use a PINK undertone concealer to avoid ashiness and greyness. Even if you're already pink toned use a pink based concealer. For example if you're NC 45, go with a NW 40 or so concealer. NC 40? Go with NW 35 and so on... If anyone wants to see a comparison pic of using a pink based to yellow based concealer on the eyes, let me know and I'll update this =D.
Color cosmetic wise I own alot of different brands and products so just give me a category and I'll be happy to list my favs. I like bright and dark colors the most.

Ooooh, I never knew that... And yes, plz do post a comparison pic.

I wish somebody had info on how to hide bags tho.. that's my issue

Thanks!
post #6 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

NC45 here too, lol

Giorgio Armani Maestro # 10

MUFE HD 173

MUFE Full Concealer in #12


Edited by oracle1 - 2/25/13 at 11:35am
post #7 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty View Post
Hi! I'm an NC 44-45 usually the latter. I think one of the most important tricks I've learned for anyone with tan and darker skin with serious under eye circles is to always use a PINK undertone concealer to avoid ashiness and greyness. Even if you're already pink toned use a pink based concealer. For example if you're NC 45, go with a NW 40 or so concealer. NC 40? Go with NW 35 and so on... If anyone wants to see a comparison pic of using a pink based to yellow based concealer on the eyes, let me know and I'll update this =D.
Color cosmetic wise I own alot of different brands and products so just give me a category and I'll be happy to list my favs. I like bright and dark colors the most.
can you also do that when using concealer to cover acne dark marks on face, or should I stick with a yellow base that matches my skin.
post #8 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

I'm NC45 in the winter and back then I tried Exhibit A blush from NARS. OMG! i loved it. not necessarily a MUST-HAVE for other NC45s but it sure did brighten my skin up (which tends to be a bit sallow and yellowish).

I think super-bright colors look great on our skin in general. from NC40s and up.
post #9 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

nc45/c7 girl here!
matte velvet + 70
mufe hd 175
rcma shinto V

nw 35 studio finish
nw 40 select cover up

blushes i love: devil, coppertone, sweet as cocoa, blunt to contour, dollymix, lovecrush, format

golden bronze iridescent loose powder to highlight cheekbones

lips: hodgepodge w/ underplay lipstick and mad cap lipglass(skintone nude lip), subculture w/ viva glam v or midimauve and viva glam v lipglass(lip color nude lip), red enriched or chestnut w/ viva glam I, lush n lilac w/ up the amp or violetta and ms. fizz dazzleglass

eyes: soft brown on the lid, saddle in the crease, orb as the highlight and a little folie in the outer "v"
amber lights on the inner lid, orange next to amber lights, sketch or smoke signal in the outer "v", saddle in the crease, vanilla on the highlight
electric eel on the lid, saddle in the crease, embark on the outer "v", gleam on the highlight
vex on the inner lid, beautiful iris next to vex, shadowy lady on the outer "v", saddle in the crease, provence pigment on the highlight or vanilla pigment

HTH!
post #10 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Hey metalkitty! I love Brights and darks the best too! Hopefully with Starflash I can amp up my neutrals. Starting with the new Bobbi Brown Mauve Pallete!! I'm NC45 and I ADORE it!! Please you guys check it out! And Play on Plums from Electroflash rocks!! I'll post my faves later! Thanks for the thread!
post #11 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Devin, you have saved me - I was wondering what my shade would be in MUFE foundation; now I know that 60-70 is my range.

I think you girls would LOVE Cargo's blush in Rome...it adds warmth and it highlights at the same time. Every time I wore it, my mum would ask me how I got my cheekbones up so high. Its def a blush that works for everyone. I still haven't gone back to wearing pink blush!
post #12 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

*double post*
post #13 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyphonicLove View Post
Devin, you have saved me - I was wondering what my shade would be in MUFE foundation; now I know that 60-70 is my range

you have to be careful... with MUFE foundations the numbers arent always in order corresponding to color. for example In MUFE face&body foundation I'm number 12... and the lightest shade is #38 the darkest is #48. its all mixed up... lol. with mat velvet+ the numbers are in order for the most part though.
post #14 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

yes that is true, but like she said, matte velvet + is in order. oh yeah and i wear mufe face and body #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxii View Post
you have to be careful... with MUFE foundations the numbers arent always in order corresponding to color. for example In MUFE face&body foundation I'm number 12... and the lightest shade is #38 the darkest is #48. its all mixed up... lol. with mat velvet+ the numbers are in order for the most part though.
post #15 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Another NC45/C7/C8 here, but I currently use Px foundations

All Skins mmu - Level 4 Warm
Virtual Matte - Fresh Antelope (winter), Fresh Ginger (summer)
Anywear Powder - Antelope

Blush I love: MAC Dollymix, Nars Lovejoy, Crazed, and Taos

Everyday lipgloss: MAC pinkarat, love nectar, or Nars Sandpiper or Stella

New fave item: Nars Petula cream eyeshadow. I am totally in love with corals right now after a Nars makeover. The national MA suggested that I stay away from red-based blush, and that peachier coral was perfect for me as a neutral/natural look. I just bought Nars Gueule de Nuit cream blush and it looks so good on my skin
post #16 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar View Post
I wish somebody had info on how to hide bags tho.. that's my issue

Thanks!
I recently got a makeup book by Robert Jones and he says how you do it is use a foundation that perfectly matches your overall skin tone (or concealer if you need it for dark circles, but stay inside the lines of the dark area) directly underneath the eyes. Then for the bags get a concealer 1-2 shades lighter and apply it directly under the bags. Once blended, the light will reflect off of there and not on the bags.

HTH. If not clear, let me know and I can refer back to the book.
post #17 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

I'm NC45/50/C7

Right now I'm only using MAC and Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer in Dark.

For eyes, I always wear saddle to blend my e/s and bamboom paint as a base no matter what. When I need my brows done, I use NW 35 Studio Finish Concealer and Bamboo e/s as a brow highlight. Also I always wear a mascara primer and two types of mascaras.

For lips I use Plum, Nightmoth, and Mahogany liners more than any other liners. my favorite lipsticks at the moment are Underworld, Jist and Myth. Glosses I'm not really into right now but I will use Spring Bean and Love Nectar on every once in a while.

Skin/face, right now I'm using Hyperreal as a highlight and mineralized blushes, and Deep Dark MSF to contour
post #18 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

I have found that if I'm using a foundation and it's just slightly too dark, I can just apply highlighter (Golden bronze iridescent loose--thanks Devin) and it helps to correct it, and I have an amazing glow. For contouring I'm liking Bobbi brown bronzer in Deep so far.

Oh and also, I am mixing studio finish concealers to get a perfect match on any dark spots I have. I use nc45 and nc50 in various ratios, but half & half is usually good. I too like nw40 in select cover up for under the eye, very lightly.
post #19 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Oh, thank God I searched this. I was matched NC45 when I looked into foundations, which is too dark for me and they rec'd I get a lighter shade and blend them? Seriously? Umm, no thanks.

I agree with kitty, the equiv in select cover up is a NW 40 however the beige in it sucks if you really have yellow or olive undertones - it will show up kind of ashy and crease under your eyes.
post #20 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

So do most WOC use Studio Sticks...I love them, but I am realzing that not a whole lot people use them...i guess it's personal preference. I use NC 45 in my T Zone, and then NC 50 on the outside...I then contour the hollows of my cheeks with NW 50...I wanted to get NW 55, but The Cosmetics store only had this and it was like $12...

I use the mineralize skin finish in deep dark, and the iridescent loose powder in golden bronze. When I am at the counter, I touch up everything with NC50 Studio Fix is I fget oily... And I use some true match covergirl concealer...i think...
post #21 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

I tried Studio Stick, but I returned it. It just didn't set/sit well on my skin. I think you have to have the right skin type for any type of stick foundation.
post #22 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty View Post
Hi! I'm an NC 44-45 usually the latter. I think one of the most important tricks I've learned for anyone with tan and darker skin with serious under eye circles is to always use a PINK undertone concealer to avoid ashiness and greyness. Even if you're already pink toned use a pink based concealer. For example if you're NC 45, go with a NW 40 or so concealer. NC 40? Go with NW 35 and so on... If anyone wants to see a comparison pic of using a pink based to yellow based concealer on the eyes, let me know and I'll update this =D.
Color cosmetic wise I own alot of different brands and products so just give me a category and I'll be happy to list my favs. I like bright and dark colors the most.
This is true. Verdge happen to be my MUA that day and pick my under eye color and it was NW... I found that interesting.

I have a youtube account and I'm NC45 - if you wanna look around.
post #23 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

This is such a GOOD thread!!!
I am an NC45
Studio Finish Concealer NW40
Select Moisturecover NC45
MUFE HD foundation #173
MUFE Full Cover #12
Cargo Wet/Dry Powder #70
Cargo OneBase #04
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Almond
Dior Tinted Moisturizer - # 4

Question; what colour blushes do you guys like to use for everyday?
post #24 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

I am a NC45 as well
MSF in Dark
NW40 Concealer with SPF
MSF loose in Deep Dark

I want to try MUFE's Foundations!
post #25 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami View Post
This is such a GOOD thread!!!
I am an NC45
Studio Finish Concealer NW40
Select Moisturecover NC45
MUFE HD foundation #173
MUFE Full Cover #12
Cargo Wet/Dry Powder #70
Cargo OneBase #04
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Almond
Dior Tinted Moisturizer - # 4

Question; what colour blushes do you guys like to use for everyday?
I love Loverush....but I apply Sweet as Cocoa right above the apples of my cheeks...
post #26 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by __nini View Post
Oh, thank God I searched this. I was matched NC45 when I looked into foundations, which is too dark for me and they rec'd I get a lighter shade and blend them? Seriously? Umm, no thanks.

I agree with kitty, the equiv in select cover up is a NW 40 however the beige in it sucks if you really have yellow or olive undertones - it will show up kind of ashy and crease under your eyes.
What shade of concealer do you use to counteract this ashiness? Sometimes I will apply the NC45 over top lightly so that it's not so obvious. I use the select cover, but I'm thinking about trying the select moisturecover for under the eyes...but studio finish for blemishes is so the biz!
post #27 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

MAC
Studio Fix NC45
MSF - Med Dark
Concealer Stick - NC42 & NW40


Bobbi Brown - Golden
Concealer - Golden/Pale Yellow Combo
post #28 of 148
Thread Starter 

Re: For the NC45's

Ok, guys. This may sound weird, but I need a recc for a mossy green e/s. Do any of you own one? How does it look?

I already know my skin looks yellow, and there's chance I could look sick, but I just got a thought that a mossy green shadow rimmed the hell out with a black liner and lotsa mascara, and pink lips would look good. But I don't wanna go buy a shadow only to find out it looks like crap...

Plz help!
post #29 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar View Post
Ok, guys. This may sound weird, but I need a recc for a mossy green e/s. Do any of you own one? How does it look?

I already know my skin looks yellow, and there's chance I could look sick, but I just got a thought that a mossy green shadow rimmed the hell out with a black liner and lotsa mascara, and pink lips would look good. But I don't wanna go buy a shadow only to find out it looks like crap...

Plz help!
What a/b mosscape paint pot? I dunno if you have springtime skipper from barbie, but I like that one. I read somewhere that juxt was similar. I find that if I contain a yellowy color with a prime/midtone color (like saddle) in the crease and then contour with a darker shade in the crease, it looks good without being so-so sallow-y. (Of course, blush can help balance everything out as well.) I'm still trying to make certain gold colors work from me, though.

Hope this helped some...
post #30 of 148

Re: For the NC45's

Hey laydeez!

Ok so I don't use anything but MSF Medium Dark and some NC43 concealer. Gonna get some Bobbi Brown foundation when I can afford it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beauty of Color