or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC. - Page 50

post #1471 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

I'm sorry for bringing this up again. At my MAC store, they will not let you B2M anything from the LE collection in the regular packaging! Has anyone been told the same or is it just me?



That's not true.  I go to the MAC Pros and free standing MAC stores in New York.  I was told that as long as the outer backing has BACK2MAC on it that you are able to do it.  Many LE products have BAC2MAC on the carton packaging.

 

post #1472 of 1559

^Thank you so much for clarifying that! My MAC store does need to read the Back 2 MAC Program guidlines again or something.

post #1473 of 1559



Maybe they mean you can't redeem FOR special packaging.  But you can turn them is as empties for sure.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

^Thank you so much for clarifying that! My MAC store does need to read the Back 2 MAC Program guidlines again or something.



 

post #1474 of 1559

When you buy a product, you can easily check on the outer packing if you can B2M for it. Very simple. If in doubt, keep the box and return it when you B2M (though that is not necessary).

post #1475 of 1559

I already know that you cannot B2M for anything in special packaging. What I'm saying is that when I tried to B2M for three eyeshadows from Fall Colour collection, I was refused to B2M for them.

post #1476 of 1559

Hi Ladies,

 

Just got some stuff from the MAC Shop/Cook collection.  I wanted to B2M for the lipstick but I was told I couldn't.  I assumed because there was special packaging.  The MAC sales lady mentioned that any limited edition item couldn't be B2Med (along with Viva Glam but that's understandable).  Only permanent eyeshadows, lipsticks and lipglosses.  This was in the Toronto Bloor location.


This was news to me and she told me they just implemented this recently.  Sounds to me limited edition items (regardless of nice packaging or not), would not count for B2M.  Sad but ahh wells...

 

post #1477 of 1559

yes this is true its is only for permanent items 

post #1478 of 1559

Actually, it's not true.  LE items are eligible, as long as it's NOT special packaging.  Shop/Cook is eligible.  I B2M'd for Dish It Up at The Bay Queen/Bay today.  They didn't give me a hard time at all.  I also B2M'd for Flamingo recently (Eaton Centre MAC store).

 

I would recommend asking on the MAC Live Chat - they will tell you that it's ok, and print out the chat transcript and take it with you.  This is how I managed to B2M for cremesheen glasses (at the Bloor/Bay location) immediately after they changed the rules and it wasn't really allowed (but the Live Chat person wasn't up to date on the changes, and because I had the printout they allowed it at the store).

 

I do have a Live Chat transcript saying that it's ok to B2M for Shop lipsticks - PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

post #1479 of 1559


I was able to B2M for a lippie from the MAC Shop/Cook collection without a problem. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3chiu View Post

Hi Ladies,

 

Just got some stuff from the MAC Shop/Cook collection.  I wanted to B2M for the lipstick but I was told I couldn't.  I assumed because there was special packaging.  The MAC sales lady mentioned that any limited edition item couldn't be B2Med (along with Viva Glam but that's understandable).  Only permanent eyeshadows, lipsticks and lipglosses.  This was in the Toronto Bloor location.


This was news to me and she told me they just implemented this recently.  Sounds to me limited edition items (regardless of nice packaging or not), would not count for B2M.  Sad but ahh wells...

 



 

post #1480 of 1559

Oh my god, since we don't have B2M in my country I wasn't quite aware of all the B2M rules. So you can return 6 empty packages for a LE lipstick? That's awesome!

post #1481 of 1559

I was wondering in wich countries you can back to mac? In de US, DuuuH, the uk?  The answer is probably already in this thread, but I couldn't find it. 

Thanks!

post #1482 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondengeltje View Post

I was wondering in wich countries you can back to mac? In de US, DuuuH, the uk?  The answer is probably already in this thread, but I couldn't find it. 

Thanks!



Everywhere, where you find a MAC counter or store.

post #1483 of 1559

Just not in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany? 

post #1484 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondengeltje View Post

Just not in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany? 



I don't know about Belgium, but I B2M both in the Netherlands and in Germany.

post #1485 of 1559

Anyone knows if we can B2M the travel skincare items?? the Sized To Go ones

post #1486 of 1559

I have BTM the travel sized strobe cream before with no problems.

 

I think it all depends on your counter, it seems they all have different rules on what you can BTM.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84 View Post

Anyone knows if we can B2M the travel skincare items?? the Sized To Go ones

post #1487 of 1559

sized to go does count as a b2m. they are revering to like the holiday kits so say you get the glosses and they are smaller or the pigments the whole sets must me b used to count as one item for back to mac 

post #1488 of 1559

I was wondering if we can still B2M the pro pans. Ive heard from someone that they do not accept those anymore. Is that true? 

post #1489 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by monley View Post

I was wondering if we can still B2M the pro pans. Ive heard from someone that they do not accept those anymore. Is that true? 

My local MAC said eyeshadow pots without the pan would be accepted, because the pans themselves are not eligible for B2M, however, I would ask your local counter or store where you would bring your empties, because there's a possibility there could still be a difference in policy! 

post #1490 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckrodeo View Post

My local MAC said eyeshadow pots without the pan would be accepted, because the pans themselves are not eligible for B2M, however, I would ask your local counter or store where you would bring your empties, because there's a possibility there could still be a difference in policy! 

Thank you for the help =)

post #1491 of 1559

My store here will only let us exchange 24 empties...I once walked in with 48 and was turned away...i also wish I was near a pro store so I could get a lipgloss or eyeshadow...instead of just a lipstick

post #1492 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMACGeek View Post

My store here will only let us exchange 24 empties...I once walked in with 48 and was turned away...i also wish I was near a pro store so I could get a lipgloss or eyeshadow...instead of just a lipstick

 

I think that's fairly usual; 24 empties at a time; I've had it happen to me, too.

post #1493 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123 View Post

 

I think that's fairly usual; 24 empties at a time; I've had it happen to me, too.

I figured...Ive never taken in that many at a time before.... now I know better..

post #1494 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMACGeek View Post

My store here will only let us exchange 24 empties...I once walked in with 48 and was turned away...i also wish I was near a pro store so I could get a lipgloss or eyeshadow...instead of just a lipstick

I believe you can exchange a lipgloss or eyeshadow at freestanding stores too besides pro stores (someone correct me if I am wrong, but from my last experience it worked). bigstar.gif

post #1495 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by monley View Post

I was wondering if we can still B2M the pro pans. Ive heard from someone that they do not accept those anymore. Is that true? 

Im wondering this too... I read before somewhere you could B2M the pro pans as long as you still had the sleeve packaging it came in? LoL who knows if thats even true 

post #1496 of 1559

This happened to me recently.  I always bought pots and de-potted so that I could B2M them.  The time before last I went to my store, I was explaining that to the MA and he told me that they accepted pro pans for B2M as long as it had the original magnet and sticker.  Fast forward 6 months later (I believe it was this past January), I walk in with pro pans to B2M (same store) and they told me they no longer B2M pro pans.  So, yeah...I was pretty annoyed since I would have purchased pots instead. In general, I find the rules so wishy washy between stores.  MAC really needs to work on making clear rules that all stores follow uniformly.
 

post #1497 of 1559

Does anyone know if the MAC Counter in Kelowna BC will Back2MAC for eye shadows?


Edited by RayannaBanana - 10/3/12 at 4:15pm
post #1498 of 1559
Anyone knows if we can B2M holiday palettes? I've got a palette from the Red She Said collection, and somehow I've got the feeling it doesn't count for B2M..shrugs.gif
post #1499 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Anyone knows if we can B2M holiday palettes? I've got a palette from the Red She Said collection, and somehow I've got the feeling it doesn't count for B2M..shrugs.gif


Depends on the counter, but since some do not accept "special packaging" I don't think they will accept it--but then again it never hurts to try!

post #1500 of 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corally View Post

Anyone knows if we can B2M holiday palettes? I've got a palette from the Red She Said collection, and somehow I've got the feeling it doesn't count for B2M..shrugs.gif


Depends on the counter, but since some do not accept "special packaging" I don't think they will accept it--but then again it never hurts to try!
Well, we don't have B2M in Holland (and that sucks!) and in a few months I'm probably going to London so I'm trying to use up products to get 12 empties.. Thanks for your quick response, now I'm going to finish up a paint pot instead tong.gif So far, I have 1 empty.. 11 empties to go lol.girlhaha.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: MAC Chat
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › B2M - Read before posting questions about Back to MAC.