or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Illamasqua Discussion - Page 32

post #931 of 1155

Here's the new line-up for Spring! Wonderful concept and I foresee those eggshell nail polishes selling out pretty fast...

 

http://www.chicprofile.com/2013/01/illamasqua-spring-2013-imperfection-collection-info-new-photos.html

post #932 of 1155
Thanks for the link! Those nailpolishes look cool indeed!

Nice colour scheme too for spring.
post #933 of 1155
I wonder what finish the nail polishes dry to. Something tells me they'd look best with a matte finish.
post #934 of 1155

More links!

 

http://www.mouldyfruit.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection.html

 

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection.html

 

http://beautygeekuk.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection.html

 

http://www.beautypassionista.co.uk/2013/01/the-collection-illamasqua-imperfection.html

 

Here are the polishes in all their speckled glory: 

 

http://www.flutterandsparkle.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection-nail.html

 

I'm loving the speckled liner look too, although I'm wondering if I'd be patient enough to do it often enough to warrant buying a white liquid liner. I don't see myself reaching for it a lot. 

 

The new brush reminds me of an LE one that Mac released last year. They marketed it strictly as a contouring brush, but the shape looks very similar. 

post #935 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

More links!

 

http://www.mouldyfruit.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection.html

 

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection.html

 

http://beautygeekuk.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection.html

 

http://www.beautypassionista.co.uk/2013/01/the-collection-illamasqua-imperfection.html

 

Here are the polishes in all their speckled glory: 

 

http://www.flutterandsparkle.com/2013/01/illamasqua-imperfection-collection-nail.html

 

I'm loving the speckled liner look too, although I'm wondering if I'd be patient enough to do it often enough to warrant buying a white liquid liner. I don't see myself reaching for it a lot. 

 

The new brush reminds me of an LE one that Mac released last year. They marketed it strictly as a contouring brush, but the shape looks very similar. 

ooooh! excellent excellent excellent.... i like how the liner looks, but i definitely wouldn't do it on myself...especially since i am legally blind without my glasses on, and applying such a detailed liner look in that state is a bad idea....

thanks for hunting down all those links! i'm excited to see the nail polishes on a fellow brown person, and they look good. often times i like the pastel polishes, but they don't look right on my hand, but perhaps there is hope. unfortunately at the moment i want them all!!!

post #936 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

ooooh! excellent excellent excellent.... i like how the liner looks, but i definitely wouldn't do it on myself...especially since i am legally blind without my glasses on, and applying such a detailed liner look in that state is a bad idea....

thanks for hunting down all those links! i'm excited to see the nail polishes on a fellow brown person, and they look good. often times i like the pastel polishes, but they don't look right on my hand, but perhaps there is hope. unfortunately at the moment i want them all!!!

 

I know what you mean about the polishes. I looked at them and thought "oh no, I want to get all of them and keep them in a little nest". 

 

I saw this on Twitter earlier- an interview with Julian Knayston, the founder of Illamasqua- it's an interesting piece!

 

http://www.propaganda.co.uk/blog/the-man-behind-the-mascara/

post #937 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

ooooh! excellent excellent excellent.... i like how the liner looks, but i definitely wouldn't do it on myself...especially since i am legally blind without my glasses on, and applying such a detailed liner look in that state is a bad idea....

thanks for hunting down all those links! i'm excited to see the nail polishes on a fellow brown person, and they look good. often times i like the pastel polishes, but they don't look right on my hand, but perhaps there is hope. unfortunately at the moment i want them all!!!

Thanks for sharing ! This is a colourful collection, and the nail polishes thud.gifonce again !

post #938 of 1155

Just placed my first ever order with Illamasqua! Ordered the blue speckled nail polish (so my nails really will look like robins' eggs), the blush duo in Katie/ Ambition (like I'm not going to order a pale pink blush called "Katie") and a couple of extra items not from the current collection- Wisdom liquid liner and Violate lip gloss. I love the idea of a green gloss, but opted to go darker rather than bright. I can see opportunities for wearing a dark green gloss.

post #939 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

Just placed my first ever order with Illamasqua! Ordered the blue speckled nail polish (so my nails really will look like robins' eggs), the blush duo in Katie/ Ambition (like I'm not going to order a pale pink blush called "Katie") and a couple of extra items not from the current collection- Wisdom liquid liner and Violate lip gloss. I love the idea of a green gloss, but opted to go darker rather than bright. I can see opportunities for wearing a dark green gloss.

ooo....nice order! 

i've ordered too much stuff lately from various places, so i've cut myself off. but i have wisdom eyeliner and like it very much...!

post #940 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

ooo....nice order! 

i've ordered too much stuff lately from various places, so i've cut myself off. but i have wisdom eyeliner and like it very much...!

 

Yes, I've had to cut myself off for a while at this point. Along with this, I did an order from A-England (hey, it was on sale!) and bought a couple of items from the Chanel Spring collection. Of course, I'm also lusting after the entire Guerlain Spring collection too... And the new Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders... Oh, and the Nars collection is launching tomorrow or something...

post #941 of 1155

Has anyone ordered anything from the imperfection collection yet?

post #942 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmycakes View Post

Has anyone ordered anything from the imperfection collection yet?


I only got freckle  nail polish :) nothing else from this collection impressed me. I wish they came up with new blushes, since I already own a lot of the duos as singles.

post #943 of 1155

I'd like to know the name of the caramel lip color the model is wearing.  Any ideas?

post #944 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post

I'd like to know the name of the caramel lip color the model is wearing.  Any ideas?


they don't really have lipsticks in such colour, so they only thing I can think of is that it could be a cream pigment with a lip gloss over it?? Hollow cream pigment and Enchant lip gloss maybe?? You can probably ask them on their facebook page.

post #945 of 1155

i think that im going to pick the blue and green polishes and the bright lipstick next time i pass by my sephora. 

post #946 of 1155

I'm putting freckle on right now.. it's so cute.. looks more like easter egg rather than freckles :)

post #947 of 1155

Apparently, my order shipped on Friday... I'm spoiled by Zuneta's turnaround time, because that seemed long (a week since I placed the order). I'm looking forward to trying the blushes, since I've heard a lot of great things about their formula. I am still kind of tempted by the oddly specific brush (just as I was when Mac released one like it last year) and the intense green gloss, but I somehow don't see that colour working on my complexion. I think I'm just tempted by it because you don't see that many green glosses that actually look green on the lips. 

post #948 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post

I only got freckle  nail polish :) nothing else from this collection impressed me. I wish they came up with new blushes, since I already own a lot of the duos as singles.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

i think that im going to pick the blue and green polishes and the bright lipstick next time i pass by my sephora. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tats View Post

I'm putting freckle on right now.. it's so cute.. looks more like easter egg rather than freckles :)

The nail polish are what I was mainly interested in too. Glad to hear that you like one of them Tats. The blush duo and the brush have caught my eye.. although I know I don't need it.

post #949 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

Apparently, my order shipped on Friday... I'm spoiled by Zuneta's turnaround time, because that seemed long (a week since I placed the order). I'm looking forward to trying the blushes, since I've heard a lot of great things about their formula. I am still kind of tempted by the oddly specific brush (just as I was when Mac released one like it last year) and the intense green gloss, but I somehow don't see that colour working on my complexion. I think I'm just tempted by it because you don't see that many green glosses that actually look green on the lips. 

i think the green gloss would look good on you...

post #950 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i think the green gloss would look good on you...

 

I think I'd need to practice being nonchalant about it... "What? You haven't seen a girl with green lips today?"

post #951 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

I think I'd need to practice being nonchalant about it... "What? You haven't seen a girl with green lips today?"

i know, that was what i was thinking as well. it's not so much the whether or not it'll look good, but many people freak out over lipstick being purple, or neon pink...i think those people would have to try very hard to not notice green.

 

come to think of it, i have the acid green intense gloss (torrid?). it happens to look hideous on my lips with my colouring, however i bought it to wear on the eyes so i wasn't too bothered. i've been tempted for so long to purchase one of the teal or navy lipsticks, but in the end i haven't just because i don't have enough occasions to wear them. maybe i just need to start going to goth clubs.

post #952 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

i know, that was what i was thinking as well. it's not so much the whether or not it'll look good, but many people freak out over lipstick being purple, or neon pink...i think those people would have to try very hard to not notice green.

 

come to think of it, i have the acid green intense gloss (torrid?). it happens to look hideous on my lips with my colouring, however i bought it to wear on the eyes so i wasn't too bothered. i've been tempted for so long to purchase one of the teal or navy lipsticks, but in the end i haven't just because i don't have enough occasions to wear them. maybe i just need to start going to goth clubs.


You wear lipgloss on your eyes? 

post #953 of 1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123 View Post


You wear lipgloss on your eyes? 

LOL. not usually, but this was one of the exceptions. i don't know if all of the glosses are eye-safe, but when i talked to one of the girls at the illamasqua counter, she said this one was.

 

i was inspired by a look by illamasqua featured in a magazine a couple of years ago, where they used taboo powder eyeshadow on the eyelid, with torrid lipgloss overtop, and used hussy on cheeks. i don't recall what they used on the lips, but it was probably apricoty by memory. it was a cute springtime look.

post #954 of 1155

I ordered the green speckled nail polish and I can't wait to try it out. I only own a few Illamasqua polishes, but I love them.

post #955 of 1155

Anyone knows if the speckles polishes are in Sephora stores already?

post #956 of 1155
It's not in my local Sephora. I checked today. The website said it would be there, but of course it wasn't.
post #957 of 1155

i went to my sephora last night and they didnt have them :( 

post #958 of 1155

I really want one of the nail varnishes that looks like Mini Eggs (yum!) but can't decide which colour to pick up! Blue and purple are the main contenders at the moment, but I may have to go to my local counter tomorrow after lectures and check them out in person!

 

post #959 of 1155

I just got back from the counter with Speckle and Scarce - they're so so pretty!

post #960 of 1155
Finally found these in my Sephora two days ago and I snatched up Speckled (lavender) and Mottle (blue). I'm wearing Speckled right now and it's amazing. It doesn't feel gritty on the nails and it's eye-catching. Several people commented on it while I was out today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cosmetic Discussion