Dior Cosmetics DiscussionI just went to a Dior update and I figured there are a few things any good Dior colour fan should know... two of my favourite products are being replaced.... HISSS
1) Worst news first: The Dior Addict Lipsticks(not glosses or high shine gloss sticks) are being replaced with a reformulated version with a new colourstay technology. There will be a gradual phase out of the current Dior Addict lipsticks over the next year or so. IMO, the Dior Addict lipsticks are some of the best formulated lippies around after a few of the NARS or Chanel formulations, and much better than the Rouge Dior lipsticks(which have a HIGHLY outdated colour selection). Stock up on classic colours like #857, 869 and 647 while you can. Especially 857. I can't say enough about this Red. Think MAC Port Red with a warmer undertone, and a better texture. Looks amazing on pretty much everyone. Even better when paired with the Red Stockings Dior Addict lipgloss.
Also, I tried a couple of the new colours... they are definitely beautiful(!!!) hues, on trend, and exceptionally lightweight(they feel as light as the gloss sticks, even lighter maybe), but give a good amount of colour, comparable to many of the MAC lustre lipsticks, but i don't think they give a great 'lipstick' texture on the lips... your natural lip texture(and sometimes colour) shows through, which i don't love. Also... one of them fully STAINED my lips and i couldn't get the colour off. Not that into that either, but i guess it's good for the wear.
2) Second worst news: The current Harmony de Blushes (with four strips of both blush and bronzer) are being replaced with new ones that have a main 'circle' of colour(bronzer, not blush from what i tried) with a few bits of other harmonious hues in strips at the edges. The new ones are inferior IMO, just because the old ones were pretty unique in that they were all pretty matte and had 4 very different colours, really incorporating both a blush and bronzer aspect. Plus it was easy to isolate each colour if you wanted to concentrate a specific colour in a specific spot and the colour combos were realllly practical - the new ones are really hard to tease out each colour(and there's less variation in each anyway, they're mostly bronzer with a hint of a bit of colour), PLUS there is low level shimmer them so they're a lot more like every other gently shimmery bronzer out there. Pretty, but mundane.
3) There will be a new line of Dior Bronzers called Original Tan, and they will be replacing at least one of the current bronzer lines(matte sunshine or diorbronze), if not both. I don't see much of a difference in the new ones, but i did see a slight bit of glitter in these, so if you have a favourite matte bronzer from dior, grab a backup just in case.
now for a few of the fun bits!
4) In May/June, Dior will be launching their first lip balm. SPF 10, but it's got that ingredient that Smashbox's O-Glow/Gloss has to bump up microcirculation and make your lips more pink. It looked FABULOUS on my pale lips, a beautiful reddish pink, much less tacky thank O-Glow's borderline neon pink, and it looked sexy on the tanned/mediterranean girls because it gave them a pop of colour(but i think they preferred nudes...). The texture is great, really nourishing, and it'll be a good low-maintenance way to keep your lips supple and pigmented when you're not wearing lipstick/gloss.
5) In May/June Diorshow ICONIC will be coming out in a waterproof version(because it wasn't hard enough to remove already!!!), as well as a deep chestnut brown and a dark blue. It's not like the current Diorshow blues that are electric... more like the navy from the UltimEyes mascara, but slightly lighter with a hint of periwinkle - on the lashes, it's really subtle. um. too subtle for my bright-colour loving ass.
6) Not too exciting, but the summer collection will have the quint-essential Dior eyeshadow quints, only there will be 4 shadows, and one cream liner. handy I guess, but the one palette I tried, I was not impressed with the pigmentation for the shadows, which have been jet milled and sifted an extra several times - they are so smooth and creamy it's ridiculous, but the payoff is balls for some of the lighter shades. The compact will also be rimmed with silver trim. Meh. I like the classic, but that's just me.
7)There will be a sexy LE cool raspberry-coloured Dior Kiss lipgloss, which I wish were permanent since all the exhisting colours are too light to be anything but beautiful finishing glosses or barely-noticeable(but tasty) lipglosses. There's also a gorgeous relatively cool Ffuchsia nailpolish coming out that I'm excited about, but that will be LE, too.
8) There will be a(I believe LE) Dior Shimmer Star highlighter - didn't get to try it, but it looked like it had a hefty chunk of PINK in it.
I think that's it. Hope that helps people out and gives you a head's up!