or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion - Page 135

post #4021 of 4057

Okay, so I received the Petals & Peacocks that I ordered from ACW earlier this week and the verdict is...it's authentic. It took me a moment to realize that there is no batch code on the sticker (lol...I fail), so I compared the sticker code to the other ones I own, and it matched up. The bullet is the correct shape, it's the right colour, and they even smell the same.

post #4022 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearteeth View Post

Okay, so I received the Petals & Peacocks that I ordered from ACW earlier this week and the verdict is...it's authentic. It took me a moment to realize that there is no batch code on the sticker (lol...I fail), so I compared the sticker code to the other ones I own, and it matched up. The bullet is the correct shape, it's the right colour, and they even smell the same.

 

 

I don't have anything else from the give me liberty of London collection so I had nothing to compare my P&P lippie to.

 

BUT I have tons of MAC stuff and I can tell it's the real deal, down to the sticker on the bottom of the bullet with the little letter/number stamp. It's legit. I would bet money on it's authenticity.

 

I just can't see this one being a fake. I wonder if there have been any other reports or complaints about fake items from ACW. I've ordered from there a few times and everything has been real. Not sure if that youtube was just a fluke? idk.

I am confident in the things I have ordered and received. So although I will be a little more careful, if I see something on there I like and It's not absurdly priced I will order with confidence.

post #4023 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdee View Post

 

 

I don't have anything else from the give me liberty of London collection so I had nothing to compare my P&P lippie to.

 

BUT I have tons of MAC stuff and I can tell it's the real deal, down to the sticker on the bottom of the bullet with the little letter/number stamp. It's legit. I would bet money on it's authenticity.

 

I just can't see this one being a fake. I wonder if there have been any other reports or complaints about fake items from ACW. I've ordered from there a few times and everything has been real. Not sure if that youtube was just a fluke? idk.

I am confident in the things I have ordered and received. So although I will be a little more careful, if I see something on there I like and It's not absurdly priced I will order with confidence.


Agreed. I've never received any fakes from them, so I'm thinking that may be an isolated incident. Aside from the prices (which at times border on the insane), I don't have any issues with ACW and will continue to order from them.

post #4024 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearteeth View Post


Agreed. I've never received any fakes from them, so I'm thinking that may be an isolated incident. Aside from the prices (which at times border on the insane), I don't have any issues with ACW and will continue to order from them.

It makes me wonder if they've changed suppliers, and the Sudden surge of lol makes me skeptic, however they might be the real deal if everyone's had such great experiences! But it's shady how they raise prices and delete my comments, so I won't be ordering out of principle.
post #4025 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearteeth View Post

Okay, so I received the Petals & Peacocks that I ordered from ACW earlier this week and the verdict is...it's authentic. It took me a moment to realize that there is no batch code on the sticker (lol...I fail), so I compared the sticker code to the other ones I own, and it matched up. The bullet is the correct shape, it's the right colour, and they even smell the same.

Wait is it not meant to have a batch code? Mine does, and I bought it from a well known seller on here ssad.gif (mine is peachstock though?)
post #4026 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

     fashion mews from hello kitty??crybaby.gif  only if they repromote it. i hope i like peachstock i have a hard time with nudes. 
Fashion mews is beautiful, I wear it all the time. I'm sure I've seen one in the clearance bin recently.
post #4027 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post


Wait is it not meant to have a batch code? Mine does, and I bought it from a well known seller on here ssad.gif (mine is peachstock though?)


Oh, derp, it does, I'm just blind. I had to shift the tube around until it was reflected clearly, lol. I compared the one from ACW to my other P&Ps and they match.

post #4028 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post


It makes me wonder if they've changed suppliers, and the Sudden surge of lol makes me skeptic, however they might be the real deal if everyone's had such great experiences! But it's shady how they raise prices and delete my comments, so I won't be ordering out of principle.


I am a bit leery of the comment deletion. Even if they were just tired of fielding questions about it, they could have responded politely...it makes them seem like they have something to hide. And of course the price hike is annoying as well.

post #4029 of 4057

the patch code is A10 on my used Petal & Peacocks  ..

post #4030 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monidoll4u View Post

the patch code is A10 on my used Petal & Peacocks  ..

 

Ditto. Like I said, I'm just blind, lol.

post #4031 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclearteeth View Post

 

Ditto. Like I said, I'm just blind, lol.

I didn't see it at first until I read your post ...LOL...it's not easy to read in the first place..

post #4032 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post

Fashion mews is beautiful, I wear it all the time. I'm sure I've seen one in the clearance bin recently.

     thanks. ill check the clearence bin if i like blooming lovely. 

post #4033 of 4057

I am trying so hard not to rehatch that lemming for P&P but these resurrected threadz make it hard, HARD

post #4034 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I am trying so hard not to rehatch that lemming for P&P but these resurrected threadz make it hard, HARD

      lets hope they repromote it soon!!!! i got it from a swap not long ago heart2.gif, outrageously fun from glamourdaze is in the same family.

post #4035 of 4057

I wonder if I should have gotten BUs of OF hmm.gif

 

I loooove P&P so much eyelove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      lets hope they repromote it soon!!!! i got it from a swap not long ago heart2.gif, outrageously fun from glamourdaze is in the same family.

post #4036 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I wonder if I should have gotten BUs of OF hmm.gif

 

I loooove P&P so much eyelove.gif

      i didnt. if you have money then i would say yes. girlhaha.gif. i love P&P, i got it  thanks to anneri!! 

post #4037 of 4057

Yes....I should get BUs.Otherwise I will regret it!

 

It is great that you you got P&P....it is just STUNNING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      i didnt. if you have money then i would say yes. girlhaha.gif. i love P&P, i got it  thanks to anneri!! 

post #4038 of 4057

I hope P & P and Blooming Lovely get repromoted.

post #4039 of 4057

iagree.gif....me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantastic View Post

I hope P & P and Blooming Lovely get repromoted.

post #4040 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

I wonder if I should have gotten BUs of OF hmm.gif

 

I loooove P&P so much eyelove.gif


Yup, lol. When it restocks, I'm planning to get one or two more so that I can lay off my P&P for a while.

post #4041 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I am trying so hard not to rehatch that lemming for P&P but these resurrected threadz make it hard, HARD

Well, if it helps any, I love P&P and always get compliments when I use it, but other than the different texture, Quick Sizzle is honestly even nicer - if you have it and put a little gloss on top, you're ahead of the P&P curve, imo! P&P gets pulled out when I want something creamier, but QS is my main squeeze in this shade range. Outrageously Fun is lighter than P&P, but it's another real good pink that should make you not fret about P&P that much.

 

Other shades we've had lately that give P&P a real run for its money, not because they're dupes, but because they're actually even nicer and richer looking, include Zen Rose (which is more subdued), Rare Exotic mattene (less magenta) and Love Goddess (redder).

 

I do think we will see colors that will give P&P a serious run for its money in Apres Chic: Haute Altitude - Mid-tone blue pink (Amplified Creme) {P&P is Amplified, btw} and maybe this one from Strength: Strong Woman - Bright violet (Matte) - which isn't supposed to be too bluish. I think there will be others in Archie and beyond. Heck, there are a few perm pinks that aren't too off from P&P too. It's a great lippie, but I don't think you need to pine over it or pay some outrageous price.

post #4042 of 4057

I am very excited for HA too!

 

And also for Strong Woman of course eyelove.gif

 

 

QS is one of my favorite lippies of 2012 heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

Well, if it helps any, I love P&P and always get compliments when I use it, but other than the different texture, Quick Sizzle is honestly even nicer - if you have it and put a little gloss on top, you're ahead of the P&P curve, imo! P&P gets pulled out when I want something creamier, but QS is my main squeeze in this shade range. Outrageously Fun is lighter than P&P, but it's another real good pink that should make you not fret about P&P that much.

 

Other shades we've had lately that give P&P a real run for its money, not because they're dupes, but because they're actually even nicer and richer looking, include Zen Rose (which is more subdued), Rare Exotic mattene (less magenta) and Love Goddess (redder).

 

I do think we will see colors that will give P&P a serious run for its money in Apres Chic: Haute Altitude - Mid-tone blue pink (Amplified Creme) {P&P is Amplified, btw} and maybe this one from Strength: Strong Woman - Bright violet (Matte) - which isn't supposed to be too bluish. I think there will be others in Archie and beyond. Heck, there are a few perm pinks that aren't too off from P&P too. It's a great lippie, but I don't think you need to pine over it or pay some outrageous price.

post #4043 of 4057

i got my peachstock from acw and i love it. its definitely original!! i also got a blooming lovely that i got in a sale. its marked as a sample but with liberty of london packaging... i love it!! i didnt expect it to look good on me but ahhh im in love!! all i need now is ever hip!! yahoo.gif

post #4044 of 4057

pompom.gif.....woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Especially Blooming Lovely is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

i got my peachstock from acw and i love it. its definitely original!! i also got a blooming lovely that i got in a sale. its marked as a sample but with liberty of london packaging... i love it!! i didnt expect it to look good on me but ahhh im in love!! all i need now is ever hip!! yahoo.gif

post #4045 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

pompom.gif.....woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Especially Blooming Lovely is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      it is!! i hope the one in taste temptations is similar. the Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender. i just didnt expect BL to look good on me, pretty.gif.

post #4046 of 4057

iagree.gif.....that would be great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      it is!! i hope the one in taste temptations is similar. the Nocturnal Instincts - Mid-tone greyed lavender. i just didnt expect BL to look good on me, pretty.gif.

post #4047 of 4057
Where do they get the packing to make these fakes?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-LIBERTY-OF-LONDON-LIP-STICK-SHEER-PLUM-RARE-/150940843256?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Lipstick_PP&hash=item2324c67cf8

My batch code of peachstock says A19 :/ but it's got to be genuine, I trust the seller?
post #4048 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post

Where do they get the packing to make these fakes?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-LIBERTY-OF-LONDON-LIP-STICK-SHEER-PLUM-RARE-/150940843256?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Lipstick_PP&hash=item2324c67cf8
My batch code of peachstock says A19 :/ but it's got to be genuine, I trust the seller?

     well the black part is not like a original. and the colors look more bright. i wonder how thick the tube is too. how much did you pay for peachstock? if the seller is trusted and the lippie looks original why are you worried? 

 

 

     i dont think that all lippies are supposed to have the same batch code.  girls which are your batch codes for peachstock???

post #4049 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post

Where do they get the packing to make these fakes?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-LIBERTY-OF-LONDON-LIP-STICK-SHEER-PLUM-RARE-/150940843256?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Lipstick_PP&hash=item2324c67cf8
My batch code of peachstock says A19 :/ but it's got to be genuine, I trust the seller?

 

that lipstick looks fake. especially the sticker. I will add a picture of my P&P for reference.

post #4050 of 4057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaLou View Post

Where do they get the packing to make these fakes?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAC-LIBERTY-OF-LONDON-LIP-STICK-SHEER-PLUM-RARE-/150940843256?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Lipstick_PP&hash=item2324c67cf8
My batch code of peachstock says A19 :/ but it's got to be genuine, I trust the seller?

I don't know but to me I wouldn't trust it, doesn't look authentic at all and Sheer Plum? that collection never had that lippie name

I used up one of my lippies from this collection and melted down one of my permanent mac lipsticks and molded it and put it

in the tube from Liberty of London but I know that isn't the case in this picture. The label even seems very off as well as the tube where it

says mac the logo looks a little sloppy

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion