Re: MAC - To The Beach Discussion
After I have some time on my hands again, I played with my TTB goodies:
- My highlight so far is the Beach Bronze cream bronzer. At first I was really unsure if I want to get it, but the colour is such an amazing match for me, Refinded Golden makes me look like I was playing in dirt
The shimmer in it is enough to make it interesting, but not too much so it is noticeable. My glitter detector did not see anything, even in the sun. The best brush for it is the 130 (yay, glad I kept it), the 109 works as well, but you really want a stiff brush to get it on.
I did bit swatch the darker cream bronzer.
- All the eyeshadows have amazing payoff, even Sand & Sun went on well. I did not get it, as I have no idea what to wear it with.
Sweet & Punchy is a more yellow on me than Sharp and the finish makes it appear differently. Not a lot though.
Firecracker is this interesting coral with pink duochrome, great payoff too.
- I got both lip liner, Life's a Breeze being my first pink lip liner. They are hard, but not as hard as the regular lip liner. Temperature Rising is a neon orange. My fav combo is filling my lips with TR and then Flurry of Fun over it. Bright red coral with teal sparkles! Got a lot of compliments for this one.
- Flurry of Fun is a great colour with very noticeable teal/turquoise glitter. The base colour is very sheer, so this gloss works best layered over a lipstick, except if you just want the glitter. Consistency is thick and sticky like Sugar Trance.
Splashing is the amazing pink, very opaque and so my kind of pink.
- Float on By stayed less than an hour on my waterline, which must be a record. On the lower and upper waterline I had no issues at all, stayed put all day/evening.
Rosemary & Thyme is a colour I have my eye on since forever, but I am not sure if I can wear this colour
might give it a try though.
- Hipness is a nice, very wearable and not too pigmented pink on me. Not what I expected from descriptions, but still a nice pink. I did not swatch Get Away Bronze, as it was scary dark in the pan.
- From the lipsticks I only swatched Lazy Day
My perfect pinks, nice combo together with Life's a Breeze.
Thrills and Funbathing looked too dark and sounded too warm, and Beachbound reminded me a lot of Sunsational and it was a glaze.
- Did not swatch the bronzers, as I know that Refined Golden looks too dark and too orange on me, but the packaging is very nice.
- Did not swatch the body oil, the smell totally turned me off
- Sorcher n/p is a very bright red-orange and is on its way to me. In The Buff is a very interesting shade. I was thinking long about this one, but I left it and later though sorry about it. But I have Diddy Mow and think this one looks a lot better on me.
- Marine Life is what I expected Hipness to be, a nice, very bright coral on me. As I wanted to try a brighter blush on me, I got it. Although so far I was lacking the courage to wear it
Great collection! I was pleasantly surprised. Hope this helped someone.