or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc. - Page 119

post #3541 of 3661

I got my first Chanel lipstick today! It also happens to be my first Chanel product ever. It's the Rouge Allure in Passion. I love it, I want some of the other colors now.

post #3542 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny89 View Post

I got my first Chanel lipstick today! It also happens to be my first Chanel product ever. It's the Rouge Allure in Passion. I love it, I want some of the other colors now.


You're in trouble! That's how it starts and then you're addicted. Trust me, I know. amuse.gif

post #3543 of 3661

OH MY GOD!!!! i am obsessed with these coral colors... i bought one recently.. and it look amazing.. heart.gif

post #3544 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny89 View Post

I got my first Chanel lipstick today! It also happens to be my first Chanel product ever. It's the Rouge Allure in Passion. I love it, I want some of the other colors now.


Congratulations! I will warn you: it is a very slippery slope. A couple of years ago, I didn't even own a single thing by Chanel. Then a lipstick arrived. Then all of a sudden it started multiplying. And multiplying. And subtracting from my bank account. It's a wonderful, terrible addiction.

post #3545 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post


Congratulations! I will warn you: it is a very slippery slope. A couple of years ago, I didn't even own a single thing by Chanel. Then a lipstick arrived. Then all of a sudden it started multiplying. And multiplying. And subtracting from my bank account. It's a wonderful, terrible addiction.


Haha! I know now I want all of the colors.

post #3546 of 3661
I'm a little annoyed by Christine's reviews of the new RA's. I know everyone has a different experience and all that, but I just don't agree with her reviews. Plus, a lot of people take her reviews to heart and won't even try anything for themselves based on her experience with it. She gave my favorite RA, Extatique a B and said it was dry. I don't find that to be the case at all and I have naturally dry lips. Plus, I just don't rate hydration as highly as she apparently does. I don't know. I'm not knocking her because heaven knows I've defended her a lot on this forum, but it's just that some people might miss out on something they love because one blogger didn't have the best experience with it. That's the downside of the internet, I guess.
post #3547 of 3661

I totally agree with you, Shontay. But thankfully there're a lot of good reviews around on which people can base their opinions. I never buy products based on one review (or not buy them), and have bought products which were rated F by Christine (whose blog I love). The Evil Eye quad comes to mind - I have never had any problems with it. That's the beauty of the internet - so many people, so many diverse and interesting opinions!

post #3548 of 3661

I bought another RA lipstick the other day- in Seduisante. I liked it on me when I tried it in the store. But I'm not so sure anymore. It is a beautiful color but I might exchange it for something else.. like Gracile or Pimpante. Or a Rouge Coco. :)

post #3549 of 3661

I wore Rouge Noie RC yesterday to convince myself I don't need the RA version; here's a picture. Do I still "need" Rouge Noir RA version too?

 

 

700

post #3550 of 3661

^^ Gorgeous! The RA is much darker and less red on me, but I've not tried the RC.

post #3551 of 3661

Totally agre with Miss QQ- it looks wonderful on you. I don't know if you'd need both, because I think they would be fairly close in colour on you. The RA is a little warmer, from what I can tell. I'd say that, since the RA is permanent, you could wait on it for now. I do think, however, that the RA shade would look gorgeous against your skin.

post #3552 of 3661

Aw man, now I'm really curious to find the RC version. The RA version is also darker on me.

 

I got Passion RA in my latest order. It's beautiful. I now have all of the new RA reds. I need to work on the pink RAs next. I'm super excited to get the new RA purples that are coming out in the Spring 2013 collection.

post #3553 of 3661

Thanks guys...I blotted the RC on here, it's darker full on. I'm feeling less bold these days :/

post #3554 of 3661

You look gorgeous Shadowy Lady, pretty makeup really !

post #3555 of 3661

yahoo.gif.....I got a BU of RA Insolente today!!!


I looooooooove it so much and I am really sad that this pretty lipstick is d/c crybaby.gif
 

post #3556 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

yahoo.gif.....I got a BU of RA Insolente today!!!


I looooooooove it so much and I am really sad that this pretty lipstick is d/c crybaby.gif
 

Sad indeed that they discontinued all the previous RA shades, there were some really pretty ones in that range .. ssad.gif

 

Congratz on getting that BU tho, i'm happy for you! thmbup.gif

post #3557 of 3661

I adore my Chanel lipstick no. 19 - Gabrielle, wonderful and rich red color. eyelove.gif

post #3558 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

Sad indeed that they discontinued all the previous RA shades, there were some really pretty ones in that range .. ssad.gif

 

Congratz on getting that BU tho, i'm happy for you! thmbup.gif

 

I'm hoping that the old RAs will start showing up in discount places. I'd love to score a couple of them!

post #3559 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

I'm hoping that the old RAs will start showing up in discount places. I'd love to score a couple of them!

what are these discount places here in Canada? I'd love to know ;)

post #3560 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady View Post

what are these discount places here in Canada? I'd love to know ;)

 

I was actually thinking of web sites like All Cosmetics Wholesale. Haven't found a brick and mortar store... yet...

post #3561 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

 

I was actually thinking of web sites like All Cosmetics Wholesale. Haven't found a brick and mortar store... yet...

Had forgotten about those guys! Thanks for reminding me Kate :)

 

Here's Chanel Dragon...still pissed off this got DC'd cry.gif I wore it yesterday to a holiday party:

 

 

700

post #3562 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady View Post

Had forgotten about those guys! Thanks for reminding me Kate :)

 

Here's Chanel Dragon...still pissed off this got DC'd cry.gif I wore it yesterday to a holiday party:

 

 

700

 

You look so beautiful with this. I love the soft neutrals on the eyes, too. I think Guerlain's Garconne looks fairly similar, although I haven't bought it yet, it's one of those ones that's perpetually on my list of things to get. But yeah, I can't imagine why Chanel discontinued it just as everyone else was about to get in on the liquid lipstick wave. A cult classic. 

 

I've discovered a new Chanel combo that I love at the moment- the new Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir + Intrigue glossimer. I don't often combine glosses and lipsticks, actually, but the office where I work is so dry, I can't actually wear lipstick on its own most days. 

 

 

 

 

700

 

Of course, this isn't an office look, but I do love the two of them together. Only problem is that RN already doesn't have great wear time before it starts to fade and this is an especially soft gloss, so the effect tends to change pretty quickly...

post #3563 of 3661

Katred - thank you! You've got a great combo going on here. I need to try and recreate it. I think I said it before but you and I have the same taste in lipsticks, lol!

 

I know what you mean about Chanel's bad timing in with DC'ing the RAL. Now pretty much everyone and their mothers are making these satiny liquid lipsticks. I just saw the new GA Maestero lipsticks in the Armani thread and their #400 also looks a lot like Dragon. I need to go swatch that and the Guerlain (I'll take Dragon with me) and decide on the best dupe :)

post #3564 of 3661
I want Rouge Noir, do you girls think it would look good on me? I am NC15-20 with strong yellow tones. Blank pale Asian skin.
post #3565 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladychris11 View Post

I want Rouge Noir, do you girls think it would look good on me? I am NC15-20 with strong yellow tones. Blank pale Asian skin.

 

Looks pretty grey on Xiao from Messy Wands. 

 

http://www.messywands.com/2012/10/the-new-chanel-rouge-allure-in-rouge.html

 

I think she might be a bit darker than you, but her photos might give you an idea. 

post #3566 of 3661
Thanks so much! She's definitely darker than I am but we share the same undertone. I'm def. getting it now. smiles.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

Looks pretty grey on Xiao from Messy Wands. 

http://www.messywands.com/2012/10/the-new-chanel-rouge-allure-in-rouge.html

I think she might be a bit darker than you, but her photos might give you an idea. 
post #3567 of 3661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladychris11 View Post

Thanks so much! She's definitely darker than I am but we share the same undertone. I'm def. getting it now. smiles.gif


Glad to be of help, although I must say, what I meant was it looks pretty GREAT, not grey!!! I think it will look lovely on you. It seems to work very nicely on pale skin of all sorts.

post #3568 of 3661

I wish I felt confident enough to wear vampy lips - they look so great!!  I feel like I would look like I was trying too hard th_loser.gif girlhaha.gif.  I'm not as pale as some of you so perhaps that's why......

post #3569 of 3661

@Shypo, I'm sure a vamp shade would suit you. Just gotta find the right undertones! :)

post #3570 of 3661

That's a good point - I'll have to keep looking for just the right shade!  pretty.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.