or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Beauty of Color › La Femme Blushes - WOC friendly!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

La Femme Blushes - WOC friendly!! - Page 6

post #151 of 185

Woohoo,  I got my shipping notification.th_thstars.gif

post #152 of 185

Great! My blushes arrived today, but I only got the pan form so it shipped faster. I know the palettes take extra time to put together. Still, it seems like they're shipping things faster overall.

post #153 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

Great! My blushes arrived today, but I only got the pan form so it shipped faster. I know the palettes take extra time to put together. Still, it seems like they're shipping things faster overall.

My delivery confirmation is for my birthday tomorrow.cheerleader.gif

post #154 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc View Post

My delivery confirmation is for my birthday tomorrow.cheerleader.gif


How do you like the colors you got? I'm still trying to reoganize my palettes.

post #155 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post


How do you like the colors you got? I'm still trying to reoganize my palettes.

I love them. I have organized them into a modified warm and cool palette.
post #156 of 185

i absolutely love these blushes. so pigmented and so cheap. i have the following colors:

 

purple passion 

brick red 

bourdeaux

grape 

golden ruby 

orange 

golden sunset 

russet 

sienna

 

i want to get more colors but i dont know which other ones to get. do you ladies have any suggestions 

post #157 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGirlDoc View Post


I love them. I have organized them into a modified warm and cool palette.

 

That's a good way to organize them. I have mine organized into 4 palettes by color: Orange, Red, Pink, Purple. I plan to mark the outside spine of each palette with its designated color. I'll take pics, but the red palette won't be included. Since I ordered my last set of blushes individually to get the discount, I don't have a palette to put them in yet. I'm trying to hold out for another coupon to get the empty palette at a discounted rate.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriannjag42 View Post

i absolutely love these blushes. so pigmented and so cheap. i have the following colors:

 

purple passion 

brick red 

bourdeaux

grape 

golden ruby 

orange 

golden sunset 

russet 

sienna

 

i want to get more colors but i dont know which other ones to get. do you ladies have any suggestions 

 

Great choices! I'll look through my palettes tomorrow and will suggest colors from each group.

post #158 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriannjag42 View Post

i absolutely love these blushes. so pigmented and so cheap. i have the following colors:

 

purple passion 

brick red 

bourdeaux

grape 

golden ruby 

orange 

golden sunset 

russet 

sienna

 

i want to get more colors but i dont know which other ones to get. do you ladies have any suggestions 

 

It was too cloudy to take pictures today, but here's my list of suggestions based on what you don't have. I listed 12 to make enough to fill a palette.

 

Terracotta

Coral

Cinnabar

Plum Frost

Brandy Ice

Precious Plum

Orchid Ice

Stormy Rose

Golden Rose

Magenta

Sunkissed Dawn

Red

post #159 of 185

I have 12 of this blushes and they are amazing!!! So incredibly pigmented! I found a beauty supply store closer to me that sells them for $3.99 and they have all the colors. 

post #160 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

 

That's a good way to organize them. I have mine organized into 4 palettes by color: Orange, Red, Pink, Purple. I plan to mark the outside spine of each palette with its designated color. I'll take pics, but the red palette won't be included. Since I ordered my last set of blushes individually to get the discount, I don't have a palette to put them in yet. I'm trying to hold out for another coupon to get the empty palette at a discounted rate.

 

 

 

Great choices! I'll look through my palettes tomorrow and will suggest colors from each group.

 

I have an empty la femme blush palette I can sell you for $4 plus shipping!

post #161 of 185

 

I purchased La Femme blushes for the first time a few weeks ago and decided to swatch them for anyone interested. BTW, I'm NW45.

 

(Left to Right) Magenta, Coral, Bordeaux, Purple Passion, Golden Ruby, Golden Sunset, Golden Ruby

post #162 of 185

^^I like all those colors above, plus Orange, Precious Plum and Pink. I am so happy I discovered these little treasures.

post #163 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

^^I like all those colors above, plus Orange, Precious Plum and Pink. I am so happy I discovered these little treasures.

Precious Plum and Pink was on my list but I decided to get Magenta and Coral instead. I'll scoop those up during my next order smiles.gif
post #164 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzBrownBeauty View Post

 

I purchased La Femme blushes for the first time a few weeks ago and decided to swatch them for anyone interested. BTW, I'm NW45.

 

(Left to Right) Magenta, Coral, Bordeaux, Purple Passion, Golden Ruby, Golden Sunset, Golden Ruby

Golden Sunset look so pop on you. I love it X)

post #165 of 185

I bought several individual pans with my last order to get free shipping, but want to transfer them to a palette - has anyone depotted these blushes with success?

post #166 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I bought several individual pans with my last order to get free shipping, but want to transfer them to a palette - has anyone depotted these blushes with success?

 

 

My first La Femme blushes were in individual pans and I depotted them. I just used a a thin knife and a candle. I held the pan above the candle and checked periodically to see if the glue under neath had loosen. If you notice that the pan doesn't come out easy just continue to hold it over the flame. La Femme blushes are so soft and I made the mistake of not holding one of my pans there long enough and my blush broke apart. It was very easy and the rest of my blushes game out flawlessly.

post #167 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pics View Post

Golden Sunset look so pop on you. I love it X)

 

Thanks! I can't wait for the weather to get warmer; I think this color will be gorgeous in the Spring and Summer.

post #168 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzBrownBeauty View Post

 

 

My first La Femme blushes were in individual pans and I depotted them. I just used a a thin knife and a candle. I held the pan above the candle and checked periodically to see if the glue under neath had loosen. If you notice that the pan doesn't come out easy just continue to hold it over the flame. La Femme blushes are so soft and I made the mistake of not holding one of my pans there long enough and my blush broke apart. It was very easy and the rest of my blushes game out flawlessly.

Thank you - I think I will try depotting a couple and see how I do.

post #169 of 185

Thanks, I def need to get these blushes. I just want to go to the store and  pick them up.

post #170 of 185

I FINALLY grabbed a LaFemme Glow-on Kit in Plum Brown. I really like this color for contouring my face. It had been sold out for a long time.

post #171 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I FINALLY grabbed a LaFemme Glow-on Kit in Plum Brown. I really like this color for contouring my face. It had been sold out for a long time.

 

 

I'm not familiar with this product...sounds interesting. Could you possibly swatch and post a pic?

post #172 of 185

Image 1

In the interest of speed, here is a pic of the product (that is not plum brown inside though). It is about 2x larger than the regular product for a dollar or so more, and the plum brown color is so nice. I will post a pic soon - I plan to use it this weekend.


Edited by sagehen - 6/21/13 at 7:53pm
post #173 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

Image 1

In the interest of speed, here is a pic of the product (that is not plum brown inside though). It is about 2x larger than the regular product for a dollar or so more, and the plum brown color is so nice. I will post a pic soon - I plan to use it this weekend.

Cool sagehen! I'd like to see a pic of it because it sounds really interesting. 

 

ETA: This costume shop has a pic of it but I'd love to see your picture too sagehen.

 

http://lasvegascostumingsupplies.com/PLUM-BROWN-Glow-on-Blusher-LaFemme-LF-5.htm


Edited by Copperhead - 6/23/13 at 12:50pm
post #174 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post

Cool sagehen! I'd like to see a pic of it because it sounds really interesting. 

 

ETA: This costume shop has a pic of it but I'd love to see your picture too sagehen.

 

http://lasvegascostumingsupplies.com/PLUM-BROWN-Glow-on-Blusher-LaFemme-LF-5.htm

 

This pic has the new packaging too.

post #175 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post

Cool sage-hen! I'd like to see a pic of it because it sounds really interesting. 

ETA: This costume shop has a pic of it but I'd love to see your picture too sagehen.

http://lasvegascostumingsupplies.com/PLUM-BROWN-Glow-on-Blusher-LaFemme-LF-5.htm

Thanks for posting this! I can see why Sagehen uses this as a contour!

Sagehen....if possible I'd still like to see a swatch if you can.
post #176 of 185

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming!

 

 

 

ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch! pompom.gif

 

OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.

post #177 of 185

Is there any 'plum' at all to this color, sagehen? $7.50 is cheap cheap cheap!

post #178 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Is there any 'plum' at all to this color, sagehen? $7.50 is cheap cheap cheap!


Yes but very little. It looks like they added brown to their plum shade and made it plum brown. I would call this a cool brown. It stays true to color over time and doesn't warm up, which makes it good for me to contour with.

post #179 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming!

 

 

 

ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch! pompom.gif

 

OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.

Ooooh, sagehen, I like this. 

post #180 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagehen View Post

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming!





ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch! pompom.gif

OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.


THANKS so much Sagehen for posting this!!!! Beautiful color!!

And congrats on your first swatch upload!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beauty of Color
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Beauty of Color › La Femme Blushes - WOC friendly!!