or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Current Obsessions

post #1 of 482
Thread Starter 

Have any of you lasted a period of time where you were Obsessed with a product(s) or Look?. My Current product obsession is the Combination of Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude with mac's Cremesheen Glass in Partial to Pink. As Far as face, I have been obsessed with a flawless Fresh faced look for weeks now. What are You guys obsessed with or loving at the moment?

post #2 of 482

Skincare: The Clarison Mia along with Peter Thomas Roth products.

 

Makeup: I have been been obsessed with a cheap WetnWild liquid pen eyeliner. Nars Rajastan e/s, Nars Amour blush and Mac Mellow Mood lipstick with Full of Lust l/g.

 

I have been obsessed with shopping my stash trying to keep new products out of it until next year unless it's drugstore limited editions.

post #3 of 482

While I usually love anything having to do with lip gloss, I'm really obsessed with NARS glosses at the moment.  I'm also a bit obsessed with blushes, but I think that one is fading.

post #4 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr View Post

While I usually love anything having to do with lip gloss, I'm really obsessed with NARS glosses at the moment.  I'm also a bit obsessed with blushes, but I think that one is fading.


I must say, I am still very obsessed with Blush. I had a time where I was obsessed with Lipsticks and now im back to my lipgloss phase. Sad to say, but my mind works in terms of obsessions sometimes hehe.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac View Post

Skincare: The Clarison Mia along with Peter Thomas Roth products.

 

Makeup: I have been been obsessed with a cheap WetnWild liquid pen eyeliner. Nars Rajastan e/s, Nars Amour blush and Mac Mellow Mood lipstick with Full of Lust l/g.

 

I have been obsessed with shopping my stash trying to keep new products out of it until next year unless it's drugstore limited editions.



I have that WetnWild liquid pen eyeliner, I used it for a while but have not used it lately. Im not really good with Liquid  eyeliners/ felt tip liners. As far your other products, I have yet to try those but have been hearing alot about Nars Rajastan.

 

  I have however cut down on shopping, significantly. I wish I could do it all the time though LOL.

post #5 of 482

MAC's syrup, ever since I got it. I have to try stop using it. Other lipsticks need love too! tong.gif

post #6 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post

MAC's syrup, ever since I got it. I have to try stop using it. Other lipsticks need love too! tong.gif



I have never tried that Lipstick, to be honest I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it now. What kind of color is it?

post #7 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaDoll14 View Post





I have never tried that Lipstick, to be honest I hadn't heard of it until you mentioned it now. What kind of color is it?

It's a pink lipstick in the lustre formula, but it's not like HELLOO PINK. tong.gif It looks pretty natural, but it's pinker than natural, does that make sense? It'd also call it cool toned. It's a pretty modest color, which is why it's so easy to grab. Syrup and hug me are my two MLBB lipstics although they are quite different.
 I find it to be similar to Viva glam VI se

post #8 of 482

i am obsessed with Chanel e/s lately...my MAC is getting no love since they came into my life!

post #9 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde View Post



It's a pink lipstick in the lustre formula, but it's not like HELLOO PINK. tong.gif It looks pretty natural, but it's pinker than natural, does that make sense? It'd also call it cool toned. It's a pretty modest color, which is why it's so easy to grab. Syrup and hug me are my two MLBB lipstics although they are quite different.
 I find it to be similar to Viva glam VI se

 

 



I have definitely taken note of this. I will have to take a look at this when I go visit my MAC Counter. Do you think it would work for an NC 44 gal?

post #10 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookafeller View Post

i am obsessed with Chanel e/s lately...my MAC is getting no love since they came into my life!



I have yet to try Chanel! Its a little more out there in terms of price, for me at least. BUT when I can I will definitely check them out. Do you find them better than your MAC e/s?

post #11 of 482

Mine has been Benefit Creaseless Cream e/s in Skinny Jeans. I feel like its a good go-to all over lid color, and if I apply enough layers - it doesn't crease with my oil slick eyelids! I apply UDPP underneath but still. I find like the color would be universally flattering and goes with any outfit. Absolute love. Another go to is La Femme blush in Mocha. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #12 of 482

I am obsessed with eyeshadows.

post #13 of 482

i'm soooo loving purple lips! my fave are up the amp and medusa by NYX

post #14 of 482

deep blues like deep truth, fresh water, star by night, and the blue side of She Who Dares.  I also like NARS Okinawa. but i don't want to give up $45.00 for one color that I love. will be stalking nars to see if they do something like that color in the future smiles.gif

 

blush.  really into it.  some days i have no time for eyes.  just liner and mascara and maybe a quick wash of something.

 

clarisonic mia.  my skin feels so tight after a few days use.  pores are smaller and my skin looks brighter...  so this is what it feels like to have your skin cleaner than before.  i love the results.

 

NARS.  really, ready to take the next step and branch out to this brand a bit more.

 

post #15 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model View Post

i'm soooo loving purple lips! my fave are up the amp and medusa by NYX



i am loving purple lips too!!  MAC Full Blown is my loooooove :-)

post #16 of 482


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaDoll14 View Post





I have yet to try Chanel! Its a little more out there in terms of price, for me at least. BUT when I can I will definitely check them out. Do you find them better than your MAC e/s?

 

IA the price is offputting...i initially swapped some of my MAC for some Chanel single shadows, and fell in love.  subsequently, i have bought the Enigma quad and more single shadows.  i find the texture very appealing, the staying power is excellent, blendability is superior to MAC, and the colors...well, just more sophisticated.  just my two bits' worth ;-)
 

post #17 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookafeller View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model View Post

i'm soooo loving purple lips! my fave are up the amp and medusa by NYX



i am loving purple lips too!!  MAC Full Blown is my loooooove :-)



I LOVE Purple lips!! :)

post #18 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookafeller View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaDoll14 View Post





I have yet to try Chanel! Its a little more out there in terms of price, for me at least. BUT when I can I will definitely check them out. Do you find them better than your MAC e/s?

 

IA the price is offputting...i initially swapped some of my MAC for some Chanel single shadows, and fell in love.  subsequently, i have bought the Enigma quad and more single shadows.  i find the texture very appealing, the staying power is excellent, blendability is superior to MAC, and the colors...well, just more sophisticated.  just my two bits' worth ;-)
 



The price is very offputting BUT if the product is worth every penny of it then why not shell out the money for it!

post #19 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post

deep blues like deep truth, fresh water, star by night, and the blue side of She Who Dares.  I also like NARS Okinawa. but i don't want to give up $45.00 for one color that I love. will be stalking nars to see if they do something like that color in the future smiles.gif

 

blush.  really into it.  some days i have no time for eyes.  just liner and mascara and maybe a quick wash of something.

 

clarisonic mia.  my skin feels so tight after a few days use.  pores are smaller and my skin looks brighter...  so this is what it feels like to have your skin cleaner than before.  i love the results.

 

NARS.  really, ready to take the next step and branch out to this brand a bit more.

 



Deep Blues/ Midnight Blues are VERY IN this season! I am also a big fan of Blush, lately i've been using some Mascara, eyeliner, Blush and my revlon colorburst lipstick in soft nude and MAC's partial to pink lipgloss layered on top. There are just days where you're either in a rush or dont want to be bothered.

 

I have never tried the Clarosonic Mia, i've heard alot about it though. My Skin is good with a really good cleanser, exfoliator once a week and a toner BUt maybe in the future i'll take a deeper look into this.

 

I have been DYING to get my hands on NARS products, they are on the pricey side but I definitely want to venture out and try them.

post #20 of 482

Well I guess quite a few of us has gotten the purple-y lipped bug! I'm totally loving lavender/lilac colors right now...

Also obsessed with trying to get my skin in shape. It's always so dry for winter I have to find something that works for me ASAP!!

 

>> Like Face2Mac I've been shopping my stash unless it's drugstore (at least until the new year!) 

>>100% agree w/ Nicala.. I adore the Benefit creaseless creams... skinny jeans and birthday suit are amazing together!

 

post #21 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215 View Post

clarisonic mia.  my skin feels so tight after a few days use.  pores are smaller and my skin looks brighter...  so this is what it feels like to have your skin cleaner than before.  i love the results.

 

 

I love my Mia!! I just got it last month... I've been using it everyday for a month now and I can really see the difference on my skin. Even my husband thinks my skin's 'glowing' now. 

 

My current makeup obsession is Black Line Pearlglide. I've been using it everyday for a quite easy smoky looks. 
 

post #22 of 482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlammySammy View Post

Well I guess quite a few of us has gotten the purple-y lipped bug! I'm totally loving lavender/lilac colors right now...

Also obsessed with trying to get my skin in shape. It's always so dry for winter I have to find something that works for me ASAP!!

 

>> Like Face2Mac I've been shopping my stash unless it's drugstore (at least until the new year!) 

>>100% agree w/ Nicala.. I adore the Benefit creaseless creams... skinny jeans and birthday suit are amazing together!

 



  Lavender lips are beautiful!, I need to find one that does not make me look washed out. I have Tan skin, NC44 in MAC and sometimes if a lipstick is too light I look washed out and ashy for lack of a better word.

 

As far as drugstore makeup, Drugstore make up isnt that bad, sometimes some items are even better than higher end brands. I starteed with Drugstore makeup and still love it.

 

As far as your dry skin for the winter, i found out that as the temp moved from summer to cooler weather, the area around my cheek and mouth was becoming dry, I used Aloe Vera Gel and that certaintly helped me. Also if your skin is dry for the winter time in general try using a thicker moisturizer or one made especially for dry skin such as Pond's Dry skin moisturizer, Cetaphil  or Eucerin's Aquaphor moisturizing creme. Also,  cut down on exfoliation, dont do it daily, once a week is fine for dry skin.  Hope that helped.

post #23 of 482

Urban Decay Naked Palette - when I'm going out and want to do a smokey eye its sooooo hard not to open this palette! Also nail varnishes - especially dark, sultry, slightly glimmery colours like emerald green, deep purple, royal blue, magentas etc etc Barry M Nail paints all the way!!

post #24 of 482

i also i have been eyeing Nars i'm about to make a major investment soon! i hear nothing but great things I've been stalking my local Nars counter lol

post #25 of 482

Totally obsessed with:

 

- Chanel Extrait de Gloss in "Insouciance" - non sticky, non glittery nude

- Stars n Rockets e/s - Been using it as a brow highlight for many looks

- Sugarpill cosmetics - I use something from this brand every day

- Briar Rose Beauty Powder

- Camellia seed oil - I apply it morning and night after washing my face. It makes it so soft and glowy

post #26 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelynv View Post

Urban Decay Naked Palette - when I'm going out and want to do a smokey eye its sooooo hard not to open this palette! Also nail varnishes - especially dark, sultry, slightly glimmery colours like emerald green, deep purple, royal blue, magentas etc etc Barry M Nail paints all the way!!



 omg it's like everyone has either a love or hate relationship with the Naked palette.  what do you love most about it?  is it worth the hype?

post #27 of 482

MAC Undercurrent line eyeshadow look.and long eyelash no false eye lashes just good mascara!!

post #28 of 482
Thread Starter 

II am in love with Mascara in General, I love enhancing my eyelashes without the use of False Eye lashes!.... Today I fell in LOVE with Revlon's super lustrous lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle and Revlon's ColorBurst Lipstick Lilac, Gives a BEAUTIFUL Lavender lip and I find the Lipgloss so cute!

post #29 of 482

I have been wearing Chanel Pink Pulsion gloss pretty much non stop since I got it.  :cloud9:

post #30 of 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChynaDoll14 



  Lavender lips are beautiful!, I need to find one that does not make me look washed out. I have Tan skin, NC44 in MAC and sometimes if a lipstick is too light I look washed out and ashy for lack of a better word.

 

As far as drugstore makeup, Drugstore make up isnt that bad, sometimes some items are even better than higher end brands. I starteed with Drugstore makeup and still love it.

 

As far as your dry skin for the winter, i found out that as the temp moved from summer to cooler weather, the area around my cheek and mouth was becoming dry, I used Aloe Vera Gel and that certaintly helped me. Also if your skin is dry for the winter time in general try using a thicker moisturizer or one made especially for dry skin such as Pond's Dry skin moisturizer, Cetaphil  or Eucerin's Aquaphor moisturizing creme. Also,  cut down on exfoliation, dont do it daily, once a week is fine for dry skin.  Hope that helped.


Thanks so much for the recommendation ChynaDoll! I actually took your advice and got the Pond's Dry Skin moisturizer so I'll be trying that out for awhile! fingers crossed it doesn't break me out. I also didn't even think to cut down on exfoliation.. I guess because my face has lil flakies in areas I thought I would need to do it more! Oh you have likely saved my skin!! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beauty of Color