or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What was the last movie you watched?

post #1 of 181
Thread Starter 

What is the last movie you watched?  Be it in the cinema or at home! smiles.gif

 

I watched a French movie called Taxi last night which was a pretty silly and funny action movie about bank robbers.  I really enjoyed it!  I believe that the Americans have done a re-make of this movie for those of you who don't like reading sub-titles! :)

 

And on Sunday I have bought tickets to see Scream 4! I get so freaked out though so I bet I end up screaming in the cinema! lol!

post #2 of 181

In the theatre we recently saw Red Riding Hood, which I loved!  We don't go very often as it has become so expensive, but I knew a bunch of people on my FB would be chatting it up and give it away so I went the day after it opened on a whim.  Just grabbed the phone, checked the times, grabbed hubby, purse and water and we zoomed over just in time! 

 

A few nights ago we finally got around to watching Narnia; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  Some parts good, some okay, some so sad. I literally cried at the end (yay, PMS!).  I have a very strong feeling there will be no more Narnia movies. But someone showed me a special on the making of the Hobbit and the 1st day of shooting and that cheered me up completely!

 

This morning I lay in bed like a slug and watched Stargate.  I seem to like everything but gore and horror!  Well, some gore is okay, just not thriller movies.  They remind me too much of the news these days, which is pretty sick. 

 

Lou~I love foreign films.  My favourites are: Indochine, Babette's Feast, Raise the Red Lantern, etc.  Hubby hates them!  I also have a french Madame Bovary which is excellently done. 

post #3 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEyes View Post

In the theatre we recently saw Red Riding Hood, which I loved!  We don't go very often as it has become so expensive, but I knew a bunch of people on my FB would be chatting it up and give it away so I went the day after it opened on a whim.  Just grabbed the phone, checked the times, grabbed hubby, purse and water and we zoomed over just in time! 

 

A few nights ago we finally got around to watching Narnia; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  Some parts good, some okay, some so sad. I literally cried at the end (yay, PMS!).  I have a very strong feeling there will be no more Narnia movies. But someone showed me a special on the making of the Hobbit and the 1st day of shooting and that cheered me up completely!

 

This morning I lay in bed like a slug and watched Stargate.  I seem to like everything but gore and horror!  Well, some gore is okay, just not thriller movies.  They remind me too much of the news these days, which is pretty sick. 

 

Lou~I love foreign films.  My favourites are: Indochine, Babette's Feast, Raise the Red Lantern, etc.  Hubby hates them!  I also have a french Madame Bovary which is excellently done. 


awesome!! i haven't seen those so i shall have a look into them! i like watching films in different languages because i like hearing how the words sound and such. some of my friends hate them because they can't be bothered to read the sub titles! they have missed out!

 

post #4 of 181

Last film we rented was 'monsters' last week - it was utter crap, really boring with a terrible (i.e. practically non-existent) storyline, basically one of the worst films I've ever watched and it really was a chore to watch till the end - definately do not recommend!

 

but the last movie we saw at the cinema was 'the adjustment bureau' and that was pretty good thmbup.gif

 

 

We want to see 'source code' next - it looks right up my street on the trailer!

post #5 of 181
Thread Starter 

i'm in a disney mood tonight so i might put on beauty and the beast - my favourite!

post #6 of 181

Scott Pilgrim vs the world. Loved it!

post #7 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah View Post

Scott Pilgrim vs the world. Loved it!


oh i watched this and i wasn't sure if i liked it or not to be honest! it was quite random (which is not a bad thing) however i didn't like the cast! i won't say the word i used to describe them but i wasn't into the actors at all!!

 

post #8 of 181

Huh. I loved how over the top everyone was, especially Chris Evans!

post #9 of 181
I watched Ghost last night for the first time! I've been wanting to see it for ages and I finaly did. I enjoyed it.
post #10 of 181

Just watched Red!

post #11 of 181

I saw the Lincoln Lawyer last week and is was pretty good. The movie was mostly what I expected but there were alot of tists and turns throughout.  Plus Matthew McConaughey was bonus eye candy. He really did do a good job.

 

 

 

post #12 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah View Post

Huh. I loved how over the top everyone was, especially Chris Evans!


maybe it is just me?! i know loads of people who loved it, i was the odd one out!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu View Post

I watched Ghost last night for the first time! I've been wanting to see it for ages and I finaly did. I enjoyed it.


oh wow! i am shocked you hadn't seen it before! it really is a lovely film!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah View Post

Just watched Red!

oh what did you think? i have had that in my to watch pile for ages now!
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post

I saw the Lincoln Lawyer last week and is was pretty good. The movie was mostly what I expected but there were alot of tists and turns throughout.  Plus Matthew McConaughey was bonus eye candy. He really did do a good job.

 

 

 

oh yeah, he is very nice! i havent heard of this movie so i shall have to look it up!

 

at work today we watched the fantastic mr fox because it was quiet. this movie is brilliant!
 

 

post #13 of 181

Red was awesome! Funny, romantic, with lots of action!

post #14 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah View Post

Red was awesome! Funny, romantic, with lots of action!

awesome! i need to get it watched!

 

i just got back from seeing scream 4 and freaking loved it! nick wasn't impressed with the start but i enjoyed it all the way through! :) still scared me though!
 

 

post #15 of 181

Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, part 1 and The King's Speech. Both good, but the latter was excellent!

post #16 of 181
Thread Starter 

i watched an old 80's movie called 48 hours. it was a chssey cop movie which i enjoyed - i did laugh at the soundtrack though - lots of keyboard music! hee hee!

post #17 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post

i watched an old 80's movie called 48 hours. it was a chssey cop movie which i enjoyed - i did laugh at the soundtrack though - lots of keyboard music! hee hee!


lol This officially makes me feel ancient.  An old 80's movie.  That is when I was graduating for my 1st degree!  And yes, we have wonderful cheesy movies with funky music that went along with big hair and bright bold makeup.  I think most watched it for Nick Nolte, who was considered quite hot back then! 

 

 

:::limps away from computer with her cane:::

 

post #18 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEyes View Post




lol This officially makes me feel ancient.  An old 80's movie.  That is when I was graduating for my 1st degree!  And yes, we have wonderful cheesy movies with funky music that went along with big hair and bright bold makeup.  I think most watched it for Nick Nolte, who was considered quite hot back then! 

 

 

:::limps away from computer with her cane:::

 


lol! i am sorry Debi! perhaps i should use the term retro rather than old?! but it's only retro to me because I was born in 1984! :)

 

post #19 of 181

The last film I saw in the cinema was Limitless.  It was pretty good!  I am going to see Hanna this weekend, and I also really want to see Insidious, but I may wait for DVD for that one.

 

Lou - I love Beauty and the Beast - one of the best Disney films ever.

post #20 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach View Post

The last film I saw in the cinema was Limitless.  It was pretty good!  I am going to see Hanna this weekend, and I also really want to see Insidious, but I may wait for DVD for that one.

 

Lou - I love Beauty and the Beast - one of the best Disney films ever.



it really is one of the best! i also love the lion king and i think disney are rbinging that out on blu ray this year - i'll totally be buying it!!

 

i think the next movie i see at the cinema will be pirates of the carrebean 4 - nothing else is interesting me at the moment.

post #21 of 181
Thread Starter 

last night i watched enchanted! a disney live action / animation movie and it is awesome! a couple of years old now though. i love all the songs in it! :) oh and today i bought a bugs life and camp rock 2 on blu ray so will watch those soon too!

post #22 of 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post




lol! i am sorry Debi! perhaps i should use the term retro rather than old?! but it's only retro to me because I was born in 1984! :)

 


lol I am having fun teasing you.  Just think, I changed diapers of kids who are now older than you!  Hehehe!  Retro, yeah. That sounds classy!  And Retro is so "in"!  flower.gif

 

post #23 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEyes View Post




lol I am having fun teasing you.  Just think, I changed diapers of kids who are now older than you!  Hehehe!  Retro, yeah. That sounds classy!  And Retro is so "in"!  flower.gif

 

lol! bless you! :)

 

i watched a bugs life last night - it looked so good on blu ray and such a cute film too! :)
 

 

post #24 of 181

I saw Hanna on Monday night - really enjoyed it.  Going to watch Never Let Me Go on DVD this weekend. 

post #25 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach View Post

I saw Hanna on Monday night - really enjoyed it.  Going to watch Never Let Me Go on DVD this weekend. 



enjoy it Rach! 

 

i really want to see that new scary movie - insidious! however nick is really freaked out by paranormal movies so he won't see it with me and i sure as heck am not going alone!

post #26 of 181

We're watching Batteries Not Included - love that film!

post #27 of 181

Watched Tangled with my niece earlier. Love it<3

post #28 of 181

The Town. Surprisingly good!

post #29 of 181
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicesandra View Post

Watched Tangled with my niece earlier. Love it<3


oh i cant wait to see this! :) 

 

today i watched camp rock 2 :) i liked it but i prefer the songs from the first one. man i am such a child! lol!

 

post #30 of 181

Watched Scream 4 with my best friend last Friday.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home