or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat Regional › UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome! - Page 217

post #6481 of 10570

Another chance to win an umbrella from Benefit here https://twitter.com/Benefit_UK_IRE/status/290754175392952321

post #6482 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I haven't had my dispatch e-mail yet. :( I need to check out those shadow paints, but I haven't seen them yet. Which colours did you order? Let me know how you like them.

 

Ladies, don't forget, the Chanel spring collection is coming out this Friday! Also I believe the Dior one as well.

 


I got Pink Zinc, Sinister and Halo - a couple of others look quite tempting, will see how I like these three first :) 

 

I like the look of the new Dior collection - still not sure about Chanel though - I've only ever been disappointed with Chanel makeup for some reason.

post #6483 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

You can use Glycerin instead of Dimethicone too! Easy to get from the chemist. I didn't use this and found that the pigments I pressed crumbled a little after a while, and a Barry M one shattered totally. I will use Glycerin next time to make the powder stick together a bit better!

 

I depotted my Naked palettes and blogged about it here.


Thanks - interesting to see how you depotted your Naked palettes - I've got my eye on doing a couple of other palettes, but haven't yet dared to try one of the type that don't just come apart easily!  My Too Faced ones are a little bulky too - might be next....

post #6484 of 10570

Just got my dispatch e-mail. :)
 

post #6485 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytostitch View Post


Thanks - interesting to see how you depotted your Naked palettes - I've got my eye on doing a couple of other palettes, but haven't yet dared to try one of the type that don't just come apart easily!  My Too Faced ones are a little bulky too - might be next....

I've just done my naked palettes this morning ("working" from home hehe) was a lot easier than i though. i followed the guide for Naked 1 but saw i didn't need to for naked 2 as i could see the eyeshadows were really quite loose so i just popped a thin knife where i could see the gaps next to each eyeshadow and they popped right out. I popped the insert out of the Naked basics with a kinfe and then just applied heat to the bottom and they came out like a dream once the glue had melted a little.

 

So that's every palette done! The best thing about this (apart from seeing what i actually have) is i won't buy another UD palette unless it's more unique because through doing this there's just so many multiples of shades i just didn't quite grasp the extent of before.

post #6486 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

You can use Glycerin instead of Dimethicone too! Easy to get from the chemist. I didn't use this and found that the pigments I pressed crumbled a little after a while, and a Barry M one shattered totally. I will use Glycerin next time to make the powder stick together a bit better!

 

I depotted my Naked palettes and blogged about it here.

Thank you so much for the guide :)

post #6487 of 10570

Hi ladies, I'm lucky enough to have £25 in Boots points and a £20 Boots voucher. Quite fancy trying out some high end lipsticks, so I'd love to know which formulas you recommend?

 

I've just got a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in 55 Romance) and a YSL Glossy Stain (in 5 Rouge Vintage) - I think I've got the high-end lippy bug! I was looking at the Dior Diorifics and Chanel Rouge Allure (Matte, Satin or Laque?). 

 

Any tips would be great! Looking at your blog now too Anita as I know you have some lovely high end pieces!

post #6488 of 10570

I really like the Rouge Allure formula (not the matte ones). The Laques are okay, but I don't get the big hype about them. I know Christine from Temptalia is a big fan of the red one, I have it but I don't think it's that special. I actually like the Guerlain Rouge G formula the best, but sadly Boots don't stock Guerlain. :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

Hi ladies, I'm lucky enough to have £25 in Boots points and a £20 Boots voucher. Quite fancy trying out some high end lipsticks, so I'd love to know which formulas you recommend?

 

I've just got a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in 55 Romance) and a YSL Glossy Stain (in 5 Rouge Vintage) - I think I've got the high-end lippy bug! I was looking at the Dior Diorifics and Chanel Rouge Allure (Matte, Satin or Laque?). 

 

Any tips would be great! Looking at your blog now too Anita as I know you have some lovely high end pieces!

post #6489 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachTwist View Post

 

Thanks!  MAC usually is yeah but the first lady I spoke to was entirely unhelpful so I'm glad I tried again.

Sometimes it is worth tying again to speak to someone helpful - I've been having problems with a Selfridges order which I placed before christmas - it was an Illamasqua 75ml gift set but I received the 30ml gift set so I called them and was told to send it back and they will replace it, as it was during the christmas period by the time the post office had opened my gift set had sold out so I contacted them again and than had to wait for over a week to get a reply in which they said they will see if they can replace the product and that they will contact me again on the 2nd but it's now the 14th and no contact has been made!! I'm very frustrated right now as it has been 3 weeks and they don't seem bothered about sorting it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I haven't had my dispatch e-mail yet. :( I need to check out those shadow paints, but I haven't seen them yet. Which colours did you order? Let me know how you like them.

 

Ladies, don't forget, the Chanel spring collection is coming out this Friday! Also I believe the Dior one as well.

 

 

I can't believe the spring collections are out so soon! I have to go to a counter next week and swatch everything! I can only pick up 1 or 2 items from each collection though as I'm trying to limit spending! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

Hi ladies, I'm lucky enough to have £25 in Boots points and a £20 Boots voucher. Quite fancy trying out some high end lipsticks, so I'd love to know which formulas you recommend?

 

I've just got a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in 55 Romance) and a YSL Glossy Stain (in 5 Rouge Vintage) - I think I've got the high-end lippy bug! I was looking at the Dior Diorifics and Chanel Rouge Allure (Matte, Satin or Laque?)

 

Any tips would be great! Looking at your blog now too Anita as I know you have some lovely high end pieces!

If you can find a Chanel Rouge Allure Laque I would say get it! It's my favourite lipgloss formula and I hate that they are discontinued! My fav shades are Pheonix and Mandarin. The normal Rouge Allure formula is excellent also and I like the Mattes but I wish they had a larger shade range. HTH :)

post #6490 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I really like the Rouge Allure formula (not the matte ones). The Laques are okay, but I don't get the big hype about them. I know Christine from Temptalia is a big fan of the red one, I have it but I don't think it's that special. I actually like the Guerlain Rouge G formula the best, but sadly Boots don't stock Guerlain. :(

 

The red never worked for me either but that's because it is too blue based and makes me look older but I do love the formula! I have yet to try the Guerlain Rouge G formula! I can't believe I still haven't as it gets so much raves!

post #6491 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

Hi ladies, I'm lucky enough to have £25 in Boots points and a £20 Boots voucher. Quite fancy trying out some high end lipsticks, so I'd love to know which formulas you recommend?

 

I've just got a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in 55 Romance) and a YSL Glossy Stain (in 5 Rouge Vintage) - I think I've got the high-end lippy bug! I was looking at the Dior Diorifics and Chanel Rouge Allure (Matte, Satin or Laque?). 

 

Any tips would be great! Looking at your blog now too Anita as I know you have some lovely high end pieces!

 

I only have one Chanel lipstick, but I love it - it's a perfect red for me.  It's Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in 207 Famous

post #6492 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytostitch View Post


boots seem to still have it now
http://www.boots.com/en/DIOR-5-COULEURS-Eyeshadow-Palette_22517/

Good luck!

Hi Toobusytostich,

 

Boots has the Dior Eyeshadow Palette - Fairy Golds in stock nowsmiles.gif. I just ordered oneblush-anim-cl.gif.

post #6493 of 10570

Slapiton still have some Guerlain Christmas LE on sale. The have Liu palette, Turnadot and lipsticks. http://www.slapiton.tv/acatalog/Guerlain-Christmas-Makeup-Collection.html

post #6494 of 10570

Another chance to win a Benefit brolly, from 12 until 2 today

 

https://twitter.com/Benefit_UK_IRE/status/291152946614394880

post #6495 of 10570

Just a word of advice, I have ordered from them before and their customer service was seriously rubbish. Would not buy from them again.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohua View Post

Slapiton still have some Guerlain Christmas LE on sale. The have Liu palette, Turnadot and lipsticks. http://www.slapiton.tv/acatalog/Guerlain-Christmas-Makeup-Collection.html

post #6496 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Just a word of advice, I have ordered from them before and their customer service was seriously rubbish. Would not buy from them again.

 


Thank you for your advicesmiles.gif. I just asked my friend whether she wants the Turnadot. I will advise her about ur experiencesmiles.gif.

post #6497 of 10570

I have a spare CYY l/s from a CP that fell through, and I've been trying to flog it on here for months. So as I saw it was free listing on eBay last weekend, I put it up for £15 to try and get some of my money back. Well, it's now up to £33! I can't believe it...

post #6498 of 10570

How cool! Good for you, if people are prepared to pay that much. But isn't CYY permanent already, or is it just the US?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

I have a spare CYY l/s from a CP that fell through, and I've been trying to flog it on here for months. So as I saw it was free listing on eBay last weekend, I put it up for £15 to try and get some of my money back. Well, it's now up to £33! I can't believe it...

post #6499 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

I have a spare CYY l/s from a CP that fell through, and I've been trying to flog it on here for months. So as I saw it was free listing on eBay last weekend, I put it up for £15 to try and get some of my money back. Well, it's now up to £33! I can't believe it...

Thats really good!

 

I have held off ebaying this month as I thought being January people wouldn't have any money, I was obviously wrong!

 

I bought a Dymo label maker this morning with pink and blue tape from ebay, going to use it to make labels for my inside lid of my mac palettes with the shade names. I am also going to finish depotting my single shadows into my spare old mac palette this weekend to make more space, most of them are already depotted but I have about 12 which I never seem to get round to depotting as I went through a phase of prefering the pots, but now I don't use them as its too hard to store them in a way where I can see the colours at a glance, so I think it my be best to depot them.

I have a spare duo palette and quad palette that I can put a small selection into for travel so it should just improve there usage.

 

I thought I might also label the outside of the palettes with Neutral / Presses Pigments etc to make them easier to identify in the morning rush.

 

Really tempted to depot my UD palettes and too faced palettes, but not sure whether to store in a Unii palette (Heavy) or Z palette (not a fan of the cardboard), anyone got any other suggestions? the only other alternative would be a new mac 15 pan palette without the insert?

post #6500 of 10570

You can turn any box or tin into a palette, if you put a sheet of metal or magnetic sheet (you can get it from craft shops) in the bottom, depending on whether your pans are magnetic or not. I've seen people use pencil tins before, like you get sets of coloured pencils in.

post #6501 of 10570
post #6502 of 10570

Just watched the video from Trish's website, the page is also magnetic.

post #6503 of 10570

ohh I like the idea of the doble decker compact.

 

Going to look at metal tins too, as that might be the most pretty and cost effective option!

post #6504 of 10570

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

How cool! Good for you, if people are prepared to pay that much. But isn't CYY permanent already, or is it just the US?

 


I know it's permanent in the US, and I think it's next month or March for us? I was so surprised when I opened the eBay app on my phone, I almost dropped it when I saw the price! I'm just glad that I'll get rid of it - that one CP was for 2 l/s and I managed to sell the other one (Moxie) on here. It just meant I was out of pocket, which was very annoying!

post #6505 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohua View Post

Hi Toobusytostich,

 

Boots has the Dior Eyeshadow Palette - Fairy Golds in stock nowsmiles.gif. I just ordered oneblush-anim-cl.gif.

 

 



Yay!! I got one too - on my points, so it feels like for free :)  Thank you!

post #6506 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

Hi ladies, I'm lucky enough to have £25 in Boots points and a £20 Boots voucher. Quite fancy trying out some high end lipsticks, so I'd love to know which formulas you recommend?

 

I've just got a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in 55 Romance) and a YSL Glossy Stain (in 5 Rouge Vintage) - I think I've got the high-end lippy bug! I was looking at the Dior Diorifics and Chanel Rouge Allure (Matte, Satin or Laque?). 

 

Any tips would be great! Looking at your blog now too Anita as I know you have some lovely high end pieces!


Guerlain are my current favourite, but can't get them from Boots :( 

My current 'work' lipstick is an Estee Lauder Pure Color Sensuous Rouge Lipstick in Sublime Nectar.  As noted in one of the reviews, the colour on the website is totally 'wrong', it's a nice, subdued peach.  I wouldn't say the colour is 'wow' (hence it's my work lipstick), but the formula is nicely moisturising, and it lasts quite well - I'm certainly tempted to try other colours if/when I ever need to get another lipstick!

post #6507 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

You can turn any box or tin into a palette, if you put a sheet of metal or magnetic sheet (you can get it from craft shops) in the bottom, depending on whether your pans are magnetic or not. I've seen people use pencil tins before, like you get sets of coloured pencils in.


Hmmm, makes me think of the pencil tin type tins that I've got left over from a MAC release a couple of Christmases ago - I've kept them because I hoped they'd come in useful one day!

post #6508 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View PostI need to check out those shadow paints, but I haven't seen them yet. Which colours did you order? Let me know how you like them.

My Debenhams order arrived today - really quick for Debenhams!!  I used the Pink Zinc this evening over Too Faced Candlelight primer, with mascara and my Elizabeth Arden Black Violet liner.  It has a really creamy consistency - very much like a creamy MAC Paint Pot.  I was surprised that when it had dried, it really didn't budge at all (over three hours - good for me, it would probably last a lot longer, will test it out tomorrow).  Quite pigmented, but it didn't really show up on me so much because of the actual shade - one of the others will certainly show up more.  Would make a fantastic base I think.  Nice light shimmer - not too sparkly for kids' chess club (actually they wouldn't notice if you turned up with clown's make-up on, lol!  Probably a 'work eyeshadow' to go with my 'work lipstick' lol.

post #6509 of 10570

I'm still waiting for mine, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. I'm stuck at home with a sick daughter, so will probably order the purple Guerlain quad as well (ordered the green one today) seeing that I may not be able to check the collection out in person this week. I don't really need any more cream eyeshadows, I'm trying to be a bit more sensible about what I buy this year - we'll see how that goes, lol.

 

Does anyone know how long House of Fraser hold a paid for package? I ordered a Stereo Rose last Thursday and it was ready to be picked up on Friday, but I couldn't go then and I've been either not well (yesterday) or at home with sick daughter (today and most likely tomorrow). I don't even know if I will make it this week at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytostitch View Post

My Debenhams order arrived today - really quick for Debenhams!!  I used the Pink Zinc this evening over Too Faced Candlelight primer, with mascara and my Elizabeth Arden Black Violet liner.  It has a really creamy consistency - very much like a creamy MAC Paint Pot.  I was surprised that when it had dried, it really didn't budge at all (over three hours - good for me, it would probably last a lot longer, will test it out tomorrow).  Quite pigmented, but it didn't really show up on me so much because of the actual shade - one of the others will certainly show up more.  Would make a fantastic base I think.  Nice light shimmer - not too sparkly for kids' chess club (actually they wouldn't notice if you turned up with clown's make-up on, lol!  Probably a 'work eyeshadow' to go with my 'work lipstick' lol.

post #6510 of 10570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I'm still waiting for mine, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow. I'm stuck at home with a sick daughter, so will probably order the purple Guerlain quad as well (ordered the green one today) seeing that I may not be able to check the collection out in person this week. I don't really need any more cream eyeshadows, I'm trying to be a bit more sensible about what I buy this year - we'll see how that goes, lol.

 

Does anyone know how long House of Fraser hold a paid for package? I ordered a Stereo Rose last Thursday and it was ready to be picked up on Friday, but I couldn't go then and I've been either not well (yesterday) or at home with sick daughter (today and most likely tomorrow). I don't even know if I will make it this week at all.

 

 

I think they usually say a week, but if you phone the branch to say you can't get in they will hold it for you

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: MAC Chat Regional
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat Regional › UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!