or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat Regional › UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome! - Page 221

post #6601 of 10858

Just got an email from MAC apparently the Year of the Snake collection is online there: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/whats_new/10488/New-Collections/Year-of-the-Snake/index.tmpl

post #6602 of 10858

Blimey, they sent the e-mail out at the same time as the collection released? girlhaha.gif I've ordered Once Upon A Time and Aztec Brick, mostly for the packaging, but I don't have those eyeshadows anyway.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomteagirl View Post

Just got an email from MAC apparently the Year of the Snake collection is online there: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/whats_new/10488/New-Collections/Year-of-the-Snake/index.tmpl

post #6603 of 10858

I don't think so. You could try phoning the counter I guess.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisha1 View Post

 

Do you know if this will be instore as well?

 

I'm praying they restock that blush! Selfridges gave me a £30 gift voucher to apologise for my last order and I'm lemming makeup! 

post #6604 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohua View Post

Hi all, I just got a 50% off code from cosme-de.com.

 

U can make wish through this link. http://www.cosme-de.com/en/promotions/2013_make_a_wish.html

 

I made a wish of 50% off $500 yesterday and received the 50% code on orders over $500 today.

 

You're planning on buying over $500 of makeup??  Wow! I don't have that kind of money :(

post #6605 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

 

You're planning on buying over $500 of makeup??  Wow! I don't have that kind of money :(


50% off $500, u only need to pay $250, about £155. I gave it to my friends who want to buy some Jill Stuart products.

post #6606 of 10858

They have Dior Grand Bal Carnet de Maquillage for £54, after discount, it is £27. http://www.cosme-de.com/en/product/product_page.html?pdid=6413

You can make a wish with 50% off $100 :P

One wish a day until the end of Jan.

post #6607 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohua View Post


50% off $500, u only need to pay $250, about £155. I gave it to my friends who want to buy some Jill Stuart products.

 

 

Since they appear to be in Hong Kong, I would be very wary of having to pay large customs fees, plus the PO handling fee of £8. 

post #6608 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Blimey, they sent the e-mail out at the same time as the collection released? girlhaha.gif I've ordered Once Upon A Time and Aztec Brick, mostly for the packaging, but I don't have those eyeshadows anyway.

 

 

A huge surprise to get the email the same day the collection is released!  I ordered Once Upon A Time, Aztec Brick and Altered State.  I have no need for any more Carbon LOL

post #6609 of 10858

I found I have Altered State in one of the holiday palettes and the colour isn't that special, so don't need two of them. I mostly bought them for the outer boxes anyway, lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

 

A huge surprise to get the email the same day the collection is released!  I ordered Once Upon A Time, Aztec Brick and Altered State.  I have no need for any more Carbon LOL

post #6610 of 10858

I did a Live Chat and here's what we get MAC-wise next month:

 

Sarah: STRENGTH COLLECTION
Sarah: VIVA GLAM NICKY 2
Sarah: PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT
Sarah: MINERALIZE VOLCANIC ASH EXFOLIATOR
Sarah: THE STYLISH BROW
Sarah: M·A·C MAKING PRETTY (FN) SELFRIDGES & SELFRIDGES ONLINE ONLY
Sarah: MAC LIGHTFUL WITH MARINE-BRIGHT FORMULA (FN)
Sarah: HARRODS, SELFRIDGES AND MAC ONLINE ONLY

post #6611 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I don't think so. You could try phoning the counter I guess.

 

I think it might be cause Selfridges tweeted a pic of the collection on a stand

post #6612 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

I did a Live Chat and here's what we get MAC-wise next month:

 

Sarah: STRENGTH COLLECTION
Sarah: VIVA GLAM NICKY 2
Sarah: PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT
Sarah: MINERALIZE VOLCANIC ASH EXFOLIATOR
Sarah: THE STYLISH BROW
Sarah: M·A·C MAKING PRETTY (FN) SELFRIDGES & SELFRIDGES ONLINE ONLY
Sarah: MAC LIGHTFUL WITH MARINE-BRIGHT FORMULA (FN)
Sarah: HARRODS, SELFRIDGES AND MAC ONLINE ONLY

I can't wait to check out the brow collection! I've been meaning to invest in some brow products for a while...! Any idea when they will be released, this coming thursday or the next? Thanks for posting! 

post #6613 of 10858

Okay so I decided I had to use my points.  I was itching for just something new and just had to deal with it.

 

So I went to UD and got the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush to use with my UD Naked Skin foundation, as apparently they were made to be used together and then I got the XL De-Slick spray.  In total I only paid £11 so I'm happy.

 

I tried out the brush with the foundation and OMG.  I have oily skin, with very large pores... and I swear to god my skin looked FLAWLESS.  I'm astounded.  I know they said it was made to be used with it but yanno, I was skeptical.  But holy crap, it works.  I usually use a primer, then a pore-filler and then my foundation.  I only tested it quickly before a shower and just put moisturiser on - my pores were gone.  Vanished.

 

I'm thrilled.  Yay! :D

post #6614 of 10858

The packaging for the Year of the Snake collection is gorgeous.  Absolutely strunning.  Typically I got Plumful for free from MAC when they messed up with my AC order otherwise I'd pick it up, lol.

 

Am kinda interested in the BP but I dunno if I'd use it much so I'll probably have to pass.  That box is just gorgeous though.  I think this is one collection where if I had it spare, I'd buy it simply for the packaging and I never do that.

post #6615 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisha1 View Post

I can't wait to check out the brow collection! I've been meaning to invest in some brow products for a while...! Any idea when they will be released, this coming thursday or the next? Thanks for posting! 

 

I nipped into MAC Liverpool after work and they said the new collections would be on counters Thursday 7th Feb. The MUA was raving about Party Parrot lippy from Strength! :)

post #6616 of 10858

In that case, probably. :) I'm not near a Selfridges plus just ordered from Mac anyway, so not too bothered. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisha1 View Post

I think it might be cause Selfridges tweeted a pic of the collection on a stand

post #6617 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

I did a Live Chat and here's what we get MAC-wise next month:

 

Sarah: STRENGTH COLLECTION
Sarah: VIVA GLAM NICKY 2
Sarah: PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT
Sarah: MINERALIZE VOLCANIC ASH EXFOLIATOR
Sarah: THE STYLISH BROW
Sarah: M·A·C MAKING PRETTY (FN) SELFRIDGES & SELFRIDGES ONLINE ONLY
Sarah: MAC LIGHTFUL WITH MARINE-BRIGHT FORMULA (FN)
Sarah: HARRODS, SELFRIDGES AND MAC ONLINE ONLY

 

 

OMG, sounds like a lot!  I can exclude the brow, the volcanic ash and the Nicki, though, which makes it not look quite so bad.  Making Pretty is too expensive, so I'll skip that too, and I don't think I want anything from Lightful. 

 

That leaves Strength and Pro Longwear Paint Pots - phew!  I think I only want a couple of bits from Strength, but I do want a few of the Paint Pots.  If the Paint Pots are indeed permanent, I don't have to grab them all at once, thankfully. 

 

I will probably only get Dangerous Cuvee if the formulation has improved - I remember there were a lot of negative reviews of it before. 

post #6618 of 10858

I only want 2 of the paint pots, I have the others already. Is Making Pretty the couture collection? That's a skip then. I kind of want the purple lipstick from Strength, but actually I don't even wear the purples I already have and I'm on a lipstick no-buy anyway. I might pick up Ronnie Red from Archie instead as it's so pretty, even though I have plenty other reds too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

 

 

OMG, sounds like a lot!  I can exclude the brow, the volcanic ash and the Nicki, though, which makes it not look quite so bad.  Making Pretty is too expensive, so I'll skip that too, and I don't think I want anything from Lightful. 

 

That leaves Strength and Pro Longwear Paint Pots - phew!  I think I only want a couple of bits from Strength, but I do want a few of the Paint Pots.  If the Paint Pots are indeed permanent, I don't have to grab them all at once, thankfully. 

 

I will probably only get Dangerous Cuvee if the formulation has improved - I remember there were a lot of negative reviews of it before. 

post #6619 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I only want 2 of the paint pots, I have the others already. Is Making Pretty the couture collection? That's a skip then. I kind of want the purple lipstick from Strength, but actually I don't even wear the purples I already have and I'm on a lipstick no-buy anyway. I might pick up Ronnie Red from Archie instead as it's so pretty, even though I have plenty other reds too. 

 

 

Yes, Making Pretty is the couture collection.  I think I want Absolute Power lipstick and the blushes from Strength.  Thinking about Chilled On Ice, Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond Paint Pots

post #6620 of 10858

I want Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond myself.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

 

Yes, Making Pretty is the couture collection.  I think I want Absolute Power lipstick and the blushes from Strength.  Thinking about Chilled On Ice, Dangerous Cuvee, Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond Paint Pots

post #6621 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx View Post

 

I nipped into MAC Liverpool after work and they said the new collections would be on counters Thursday 7th Feb. The MUA was raving about Party Parrot lippy from Strength! :)

That's good gives me time to save and decide what I want! I haven't hauled big from MAC since Shop MAC/Cook MAC so yeah! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

In that case, probably. :) I'm not near a Selfridges plus just ordered from Mac anyway, so not too bothered. :)

 

I probably won't be going town until next week because of the snow so I'm in 2 minds at the moment about Cockney l/s - I did this the guerlain blush and pressed meteorites from Selfridges and now both have sold out :/ Good thing Cockney is permanent though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I only want 2 of the paint pots, I have the others already. Is Making Pretty the couture collection? That's a skip then. I kind of want the purple lipstick from Strength, but actually I don't even wear the purples I already have and I'm on a lipstick no-buy anyway. I might pick up Ronnie Red from Archie instead as it's so pretty, even though I have plenty other reds too. 

 

Ronnie Red looks great can't wait for this collection to come out!

post #6622 of 10858

The Estee Lauder gelee powder blush is now up on the Debenhams website! 10% off code YC72.
 

post #6623 of 10858

The pro longwear paint pots are permanent so if you find yourself stretched this month you can always hold off.

 

Also there's going to be a baking collection in the early part of the year with some new colours which are limited: http://www.thesundaygirl.com/2013/01/the-return-of-mac-lavender-whip-mac.html

post #6624 of 10858

I was going to get the Estee Lauder blush when it arrives at Boots, using my points, but considering the fact that our counter tend to get very small amounts of such products, and the 10% discount at Debenhams, I've gone ahead and bought it from Debenhams.  I got a MAC 242 brush as well, so not only do I get the 10% on that as well, but I qualify for the extra points.

post #6625 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post

I was going to get the Estee Lauder blush when it arrives at Boots, using my points, but considering the fact that our counter tend to get very small amounts of such products, and the 10% discount at Debenhams, I've gone ahead and bought it from Debenhams.  I got a MAC 242 brush as well, so not only do I get the 10% on that as well, but I qualify for the extra points.

I've ordered mine too, especially as the MUA at the Debenhams counter didn't even know when it was coming out, and I didn't want to risk it selling out.
post #6626 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

The Estee Lauder gelee powder blush is now up on the Debenhams website! 10% off code YC72.
 

I got this from my counter yesterday, they only had 4 in!, the testers/stand wasn't out but when I asked when it was out, she said they already had it and let me have one! Haven't used it yet though, was very late up this morning and nearly missed my dentist appointment.

 

I pass the professional exam I sat in Nov on tuesday so the blush was my little treat, my big treat is my holiday this year, getting very excited, going to book it next week!

post #6627 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

Blimey, they sent the e-mail out at the same time as the collection released? girlhaha.gif I've ordered Once Upon A Time and Aztec Brick, mostly for the packaging, but I don't have those eyeshadows anyway.

 


Did I really say I wasn't interested in these?  I made the mistake of taking another look, and ended up with all the eyeshadows, one of the pigments (the purple one) and the Beauty powder and the eye-liner sigh.gif.  Ah well, I'm not getting the Guerlain girlhaha.gif.

post #6628 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

I want Frozen Violet and Antique Diamond myself.

 


Me too, I got the others in a previous release.  Actually, I found Dangerous Cuvee to be not so good - glitter EVERYwhere - hope they've changed the formulation.

post #6629 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte366 View Post

I pass the professional exam I sat in Nov on tuesday so the blush was my little treat, my big treat is my holiday this year, getting very excited, going to book it next week!


Congratulations!!!  yahoo.gif

post #6630 of 10858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska View Post

The Estee Lauder gelee powder blush is now up on the Debenhams website! 10% off code YC72.
 


Oh now I don't know what to do!!!  The lovely Karen at EL in House of Fraser did say that she didn't know how many she'd be getting - though I'm first on the list, so just hoping that she'll get at least one!  Won't know until Wednesday when I've arranged to go and collect - with the GWP that is only starting on Wednesday......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: MAC Chat Regional
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat Regional › UK Release Dates Discussion - All Brands Welcome!