or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Styledriven Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Styledriven Discussion - Page 8

post #211 of 754

Here's the wand. Sorry, I am at work and my iPhone is all I have here, so It's a bad picture quality.

 

Styledriven_wand.jpg

post #212 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo View Post




Definitely longer than regular lipgloss. I am a lipgloss eater. gone in seconds.

 

It's now 11 o'clock. I have now had my lipgloss on through 2 hours including breakfast and a doctors appointment and I am now drinking coffee at work. It's doing very well compared to my regular standards.

 


Oh, sorry, I meant the smell winks.gif
Does the smell stay on for a long time?
post #213 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bis View Post



Oh, sorry, I meant the smell winks.gif
Does the smell stay on for a long time?


Oh sorry about that. No I don't notice it on the lips at all. It's only in the tube.

 

post #214 of 754

I don't know if I'm getting anything from this collection right away because - as far as I know - it is coming out the same day as MMO, next Thursday. I'm already trying not to buy a whole lot from MMO. Wait and see... Thanks for the swatches!

post #215 of 754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo View Post

Here's the wand. Sorry, I am at work and my iPhone is all I have here, so It's a bad picture quality.

 

Styledriven_wand.jpg


oh very random indeed! looks pretty cool though. i look forward to trying one of these :)

 

post #216 of 754
That is a very curious applicator! Thanks for the pic!
The glam glass is supposed to have a unique applicator as well, like a mini lip brush. Thought maybe these were like that as well but these look to be more like a weirdly shaped doe-foot type.

Thanks again!
post #217 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo View Post

Here's the wand. Sorry, I am at work and my iPhone is all I have here, so It's a bad picture quality.

 

Styledriven_wand.jpg


Interesting, the applicator reminds me of the one from the Chanel RA Extrait de Gloss.
post #218 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bis View Post



Interesting, the applicator reminds me of the one from the Chanel RA Extrait de Gloss.

That is interesting!
 

 

post #219 of 754

I'm definitely getting at least two of the lg to start. Such a relief to be able to take my time with a collection.

post #220 of 754

it really does!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis View Post



Interesting, the applicator reminds me of the one from the Chanel RA Extrait de Gloss.


 

post #221 of 754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2browneyes View Post

I'm definitely getting at least two of the lg to start. Such a relief to be able to take my time with a collection.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsy View Post

it really does!
 



 

i'm right there with ya ladies!!
 

 

post #222 of 754

Sorry if this has already been posted but here's eotd with Hot Paprika from a Swedish beauty blog:

 

http://www.sublimt.se/2011/08/26/eotd-apprika-papprika/

 

Very pretty!

post #223 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by keijukainen View Post

Sorry if this has already been posted but here's eotd with Hot Paprika from a Swedish beauty blog:

 

http://www.sublimt.se/2011/08/26/eotd-apprika-papprika/

 

Very pretty!


This will be mine :-)

 

post #224 of 754
I'll be getting one of each type of product (ls, lg, es, lp) to see how I like the formulas and then make my list after that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting several glosses and most of the eyeshadows eventually, though! Lol
post #225 of 754
I have made my list and will depend on swatches for final decision... But sure I will end up with a fair few things from this collection. Current list already have 3 eyeshadows, 2 - 3 lipglass and same in liners, typed it all out on iPad so might review and post later if others start posting up lists
post #226 of 754

for me it's early to do a list buuuut I want hot paprika for sure! I could like the light pink and some beje/natural eyeshadow... and styledriven (light blue one)... maybe I'll take something for Christmas!whistle.gif

post #227 of 754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adee View Post

I'll be getting one of each type of product (ls, lg, es, lp) to see how I like the formulas and then make my list after that. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting several glosses and most of the eyeshadows eventually, though! Lol

this is what i am thinking of doing to start with so that i can really try out the goodies! :)
 

 

post #228 of 754

Katjamo could you please swatch Sweet satisfaction vs grain or other similar permanent shadows? Your swatch looks like grain on my skin, maybe I don`t "need" it. I`m addicted to neutrals right now!

post #229 of 754

Katjamo, that gloss looks perfect on you :) I'm looking forward to trying these glosses, high pigmentation and long lasting is good.

post #230 of 754

Love the look of Hot Paprika. I also like Legendary Black. The description is puzzling. What exactly is warm almost black?

post #231 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken View Post

Love the look of Hot Paprika. I also like Legendary Black. The description is puzzling. What exactly is warm almost black?



Remember Furiously Fabulous, the black VP from the Leopard Luxe quad? That's a perfect warm, almost black - it looks like sheer silk stockings on your eyelids. I bet Legendary Black will be similar. 'Nice to know it'll be around for the future when I've hit pan on FF. 

post #232 of 754

Thank you! If it is anything even remotely like your description then it will come home with me.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post





Remember Furiously Fabulous, the black VP from the Leopard Luxe quad? That's a perfect warm, almost black - it looks like sheer silk stockings on your eyelids. I bet Legendary Black will be similar. 'Nice to know it'll be around for the future when I've hit pan on FF. 



 

post #233 of 754

This collection seems to be really promising, both in the color story as well as the quality of the product. It's time to give the (new) perm range some love.

post #234 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

This collection seems to be really promising, both in the color story as well as the quality of the product. It's time to give the (new) perm range some love.


I do like how MAC is building new permanent products, but making sure to stick a few crazy, fashion-forward colors into the ranges at the same time (I'm thinking of Sheer Mandarin from Seasonally Supreme and some of the eye shadows here). People will buy them, that's for sure.

post #235 of 754
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

This collection seems to be really promising, both in the color story as well as the quality of the product. It's time to give the (new) perm range some love.



iagree.gif and i can't wait to show it some love! :)

post #236 of 754
Has anybody heard if mac will be releasing a new size palette and bringing out the new shadows in pro pans since they will be perm?
post #237 of 754

I bought 3 shadows and 2 glosses the other day and I must say I love them all!   The shadows are quite subtle in texture, a nice low-mid shimmer, and very easy to work with.  The glasses are a great texture (for me!  I like em sticky so i know they are still there!), but don't be fooled by the MAs description if they tell you they are like Cremesheen glosses, or that they are les sticky than lipglasses...this is not true!  They are THICK.  They do have a nice slip to them, but the predominant fell is thick and sticky, so if you do not like that kind of thing, make sure you try them out first!  Also, do not believe ANY of the color descriptions!  They are SO OFF.

 

THE GLOSSES:

Show Me-  very pretty mid neutral peach with slight cool undertones ( I see no plum in this at all)

Lasting Achievement-  A gorgeous deep berry color.  Very 90s.  Really Similar to Desire and New Berry lipglasses.

 

THE SHADOWS:

All three shadows I bought were neutrals as I didn't find the brighter colors to be all that nuanced.  (Hot Paprika was awesome, but SO not a color that looks good on me)

 

Sweet Satisfaction- This is the first My Lids But Better shade I have ever liked on me!  It is a perfect neutral champagne, just a little bit of shimmery beige with the slightest (and I mean SLIGHT) golden warmth.  Amazing as an inner eye color, but truly stellar on it's own for red lippie days.  I am sure there are dupes for this, but I don't own any.

 

Lie Low- Very warm sheeny mid brown.  Not quite copper, not quite caramel.  For a warm shadow this works surprisingly well on my neutral to cool skin, especially when used between Sweet Satisfaction and Make Your Mark.

 

Make Your Mark- Dark chocolate....but not that dark.  More like Milk chocolate.  I had hoped for darker, richer, deeper brown so this was a bit of a disappointment, but it is still a pretty color and I don't have another MAC color similar.  Also the texture is really nice (low shimmer) so it will work beautifully as an outer corner or crease color.

 

 

Will try to post swatches tomorrow, and I will also be going back to check out the lip pencils and try to find that "bright coral" l/g that I didn't see when I was there before.

 

 

 

post #238 of 754

omg I just realized styledriven will arrive in europe before the usa! but I can't buy nothing now (I'm over after Mac me over)...maybe when I'll go to the counter in the middle of september I'll find it... I don't know the launch date for Italy!

post #239 of 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by xasperadastra View Post

omg I just realized styledriven will arrive in europe before the usa! but I can't buy nothing now (I'm over after Mac me over)...maybe when I'll go to the counter in the middle of september I'll find it... I don't know the launch date for Italy!



I hope you get some stuff so you can post swatches.

post #240 of 754

Here's a lip swatch of Show Me! pro longwear lipglass:

 

http://pearlicious.onsugar.com/MAC-Haul-featuring-MAC-Make-Me-Over-MAC-Styledriven-Collections-2011-18893416

 

Seems like these will be a definite hit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Styledriven Discussion