or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Posh Paradise Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC Posh Paradise Discussion - Page 60

post #1771 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post


I don't think any of them are sold out online!!!!

 

And to top it off, if you're looking for a 90's matte brown, you seriously can't do better than Legendary mattene (which pulls chestnut brown on me, with NC15/red lips) or Seeds of Desire, which is a deep mahogany brown, if you want something darker.  Heck, if you want a 90's lip, this collection of mattenes pretty much screams it - Deliciously Forbidden, Naked Bliss, Potent Fig and Rare Exotic especially.

 

Also, the neutral lip pencils from Styledriven are great and super 90's - I love using Absolutely It all over the lip, topped with Offshoot from Mac Me Over - you're in 90's brown territory bigtime this fall from MAC.

 


Thanks! You always have the best recs!! How long do you think they'll stay online? I want to buy all of the ones you mentioned so I have choices for my 90s lip. XD Somehow I knew you would be the one to recommend me a color!

 

As soon as I saw the swatches online, I knew there was potential for a great 90s lip.... heart.gif I'm gonna go check out the swatch thread and see if I can find some swatches that convince me further! <3

 

 

post #1772 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post

Thanks! You always have the best recs!! How long do you think they'll stay online? I want to buy all of the ones you mentioned so I have choices for my 90s lip. XD Somehow I knew you would be the one to recommend me a color!

 

As soon as I saw the swatches online, I knew there was potential for a great 90s lip.... heart.gif I'm gonna go check out the swatch thread and see if I can find some swatches that convince me further! <3

 

 

The only ones I'd be careful about would be Legendary vs. Unknown Pleasures. On my coloring Legendary looked like an unusual brown and brought out my skin and eyes, while Unknown Pleasures just looked like a drab brick red and was very aging. Same thing with Delectable and Naked Bliss - the matte texture combined with those colors did nothing for me - they seemed better suited to younger skin the way they were.

 

Deliciously Forbidden is a total win for anyone, Rare Exotic is also a win for a matte bright for anyone and Seeds of Desire and Potent Fig are 2 totally different kinds of vampy lip (Potent Fig's the trickier one to apply). Fresh Amour looks awesome on me, which was very surprising....I guess it might go either way for someone, depending on how warm or cool their skin was - also the darker your skin is, probably the brighter it will seem (same for NB and D).

 

I love mattenes so I'm gangbusters about this collection of 'em.

post #1773 of 1943

I B2M'ed for Creme d Violet today...for one reason: I thought it would look amazing over Half-Wild paint pot eyelove.gif

post #1774 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post



The only ones I'd be careful about would be Legendary vs. Unknown Pleasures. On my coloring Legendary looked like an unusual brown and brought out my skin and eyes, while Unknown Pleasures just looked like a drab brick red and was very aging. Same thing with Delectable and Naked Bliss - the matte texture combined with those colors did nothing for me - they seemed better suited to younger skin the way they were.

 

Deliciously Forbidden is a total win for anyone, Rare Exotic is also a win for a matte bright for anyone and Seeds of Desire and Potent Fig are 2 totally different kinds of vampy lip (Potent Fig's the trickier one to apply). Fresh Amour looks awesome on me, which was very surprising....I guess it might go either way for someone, depending on how warm or cool their skin was - also the darker your skin is, probably the brighter it will seem (same for NB and D).

 

I love mattenes so I'm gangbusters about this collection of 'em.


Oooh.... okay brick red is a no go for me. I think I'll get Legendary, Seeds of Pleasure (this looks GORGEOUS!!), possibly Naked Bliss (if I can afford it), and maybe Deliciously Forbidden.... I haven't been wearing pinks much.

 

Thanks liba!! heart.gif Now I just have to hope they stick around long enough for some money to magically appear around here. XD :p

 

 

post #1775 of 1943

I went back for two more mattenes today, Legendary and Fresh Amour. I'm wearing Legendary right now and love it! I never thought i would like a colour like this, but i wanted to try something different and i'm so glad i did get this one! I tried to resist Fresh Amour, but i just can't pass up a lavender lipstick.

post #1776 of 1943

Bobby Brown beige. I got it up for swap exactly because I do not want the 90's look lol
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post

I leave and they bring back mattenes.... I should leave more often. XD

 

I'm not even going to look.... I'm sure they're all sold out by now anyway and I'm just not going to deal with it. :p

 

ETA: WAIT! HOLD EVERYTHING!

 

Can someone recommend a good 90s brown for someone who is NW15 with light pink lips? I've been wanting to do the 90s look forever and I've had no luck finding a good matte brown. XD

 

!!!



 

post #1777 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post

Bobby Brown beige. I got it up for swap exactly because I do not want the 90's look lol



Oooh- thanks! I've never tried BB lipsticks.... I'll have to swatch it next time I'm at Dillard's. XD

 

post #1778 of 1943

what is the 90's look? 

post #1779 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettypackages View Post

what is the 90's look? 



A few examples of what I consider to be 90s lipstick:

 

891768-the-jennifer-aniston-brain-cell.jpg

 

0DE6A7A2-EA04-4F27-8DED-D8A8C2B9F773_extra.jpg

 

Basically whatever they wore on Friends. XD A matte-ish plum-brown.... That's what I want!! heart.gif

 

post #1780 of 1943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post

A few examples of what I consider to be 90s lipstick:

 

891768-the-jennifer-aniston-brain-cell.jpg

 

0DE6A7A2-EA04-4F27-8DED-D8A8C2B9F773_extra.jpg

 

Basically whatever they wore on Friends. XD A matte-ish plum-brown.... That's what I want!! heart.gif

 

oh goodness yes! in fact i was watching some retro episodes of friends yesterday at work and was laughing over the 90's hair, clothing and makeup! I used to have a maybelline lip pencil and l'oreal lipstick back in the 90's that looked like the jennifer aniston shade... i thought i was awesome for wearing it! :p
 

 

post #1781 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post

oh goodness yes! in fact i was watching some retro episodes of friends yesterday at work and was laughing over the 90's hair, clothing and makeup! I used to have a maybelline lip pencil and l'oreal lipstick back in the 90's that looked like the jennifer aniston shade... i thought i was awesome for wearing it! :p 

 


I got that exact shade from layla's pic this weekend using Offshoot on top of Absolutely It prolongwear lip pencil!! Great look and it stayed on perfectly through an afternoon tasting beers at a brewery opening. I've also used that lip pencil under Gem of Roses for a similar effect. 

 

Krazy Kahuna over Bust Out was my summer version, and then One of a Kind with either Richly Revered or Looks Like Sin c/s/g on top. 

 

90's makeup is officially back - here's hoping the hideous 90's hair doesn't come back any time soon, though.

post #1782 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post


I got that exact shade from layla's pic this weekend using Offshoot on top of Absolutely It prolongwear lip pencil!! Great look and it stayed on perfectly through an afternoon tasting beers at a brewery opening. I've also used that lip pencil under Gem of Roses for a similar effect. 

 

Krazy Kahuna over Bust Out was my summer version, and then One of a Kind with either Richly Revered or Looks Like Sin c/s/g on top. 

 

90's makeup is officially back - here's hoping the hideous 90's hair doesn't come back any time soon, though.


Heheh.... Thank god most of the things you mentioned were glosses or it would be a VERY expensive month for me. XD

 

And yes- amen to that! The hair can stay the hell away, but I'll embrace some of the (nicer) trends. Matte brown lipstick may be tacky to some people, but I will rock it as long as I can! (You know.... as soon as I find a good one. XD)

 

 

post #1783 of 1943

Layla, try Seeds Of Desire. It looks exactly the matte dark brown shade I used to wear in the 90's. So nostalgic, I had to get it, plus it's a beautiful shade! yes.gif Oh, and Legendary too! What the heck, take Naked Bliss also, those three are gorgeous! 

post #1784 of 1943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

I got that exact shade from layla's pic this weekend using Offshoot on top of Absolutely It prolongwear lip pencil!! Great look and it stayed on perfectly through an afternoon tasting beers at a brewery opening. I've also used that lip pencil under Gem of Roses for a similar effect. 

 

Krazy Kahuna over Bust Out was my summer version, and then One of a Kind with either Richly Revered or Looks Like Sin c/s/g on top. 

 

90's makeup is officially back - here's hoping the hideous 90's hair doesn't come back any time soon, though.

oh i'm not going for the 90's hair either! no way!!

 

MAC Light Green Glitter - todays specktra blog post
 

 

post #1785 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac View Post

Heheh.... Thank god most of the things you mentioned were glosses or it would be a VERY expensive month for me. XD

 

And yes- amen to that! The hair can stay the hell away, but I'll embrace some of the (nicer) trends. Matte brown lipstick may be tacky to some people, but I will rock it as long as I can! (You know.... as soon as I find a good one. XD)

 

 


If you have to go with one lippie only, get One of a Kind or Offshoot (Offshoot's less glossy and browner and One of a Kind is a touch plummier). Absolutely It pencil will top off the whole look perfectly or go with one of the slightly lighter lip pencils from Styledriven - they all lean brown. 

 

There! Saved you a little bit of $ :D

 

post #1786 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset View Post

Layla, try Seeds Of Desire. It looks exactly the matte dark brown shade I used to wear in the 90's. So nostalgic, I had to get it, plus it's a beautiful shade! yes.gif Oh, and Legendary too! What the heck, take Naked Bliss also, those three are gorgeous! 


Heheh- dually noted! I will probably only be able to get one maybe two, but the darker ones will be mine!!

 

And you avatar is amazing! You look so cool! And gorgeous as always. ;) heart.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post




If you have to go with one lippie only, get One of a Kind or Offshoot (Offshoot's less glossy and browner and One of a Kind is a touch plummier). Absolutely It pencil will top off the whole look perfectly or go with one of the slightly lighter lip pencils from Styledriven - they all lean brown. 

 

There! Saved you a little bit of $ :D

 


Thank you! *coughenablercough* girlhaha.gif

 

 

post #1787 of 1943

thaks for the pics!! That's what I thought!!  LOL. 

post #1788 of 1943

Oh thank you dear Layla sweetie! th_kiss.gif

post #1789 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset View Post

Layla, try Seeds Of Desire. It looks exactly the matte dark brown shade I used to wear in the 90's. So nostalgic, I had to get it, plus it's a beautiful shade! yes.gif Oh, and Legendary too! What the heck, take Naked Bliss also, those three are gorgeous! 



I second those recs

post #1790 of 1943

After seeing Lou's pic of using Treasure Hunt and Gold Dusk pigment, I might need to search for Gold Dusk p/g in the Clearance Bin now!

post #1791 of 1943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21 View Post

After seeing Lou's pic of using Treasure Hunt and Gold Dusk pigment, I might need to search for Gold Dusk p/g in the Clearance Bin now!


it's totally worth it! :) i still need a full size version as mine is only in a vial.

 

post #1792 of 1943

Lou...I hope that you will find a full size!

 

Gold Dusk is such a lovely pigment heart.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post

it's totally worth it! :) i still need a full size version as mine is only in a vial.

 



 

post #1793 of 1943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Lou...I hope that you will find a full size!

 

Gold Dusk is such a lovely pigment heart.gif

 


it is really lovely! if you see a full sized one for a reasonable price then let me know! :)

 

MAC She-Zam Dazzleglass - todays specktra blog post

 

post #1794 of 1943

I think Gold Dusk is actually a face powder, like Silver Dusk but I have only had samples of it...

post #1795 of 1943
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I think Gold Dusk is actually a face powder, like Silver Dusk but I have only had samples of it...



Gold Dusk is a pigment.

post #1796 of 1943



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post


it's totally worth it! :) i still need a full size version as mine is only in a vial.

 


Yes! I do hope you find the full size version as well! I will have to search high and low for it.
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Lou...I hope that you will find a full size!

 

Gold Dusk is such a lovely pigment heart.gif
 



 



 

post #1797 of 1943

Of course Lou!

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post


it is really lovely! if you see a full sized one for a reasonable price then let me know! :)

 

MAC She-Zam Dazzleglass - todays specktra blog post

 



 

post #1798 of 1943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Of course Lou!

 


 



 


thank you! :)

 

post #1799 of 1943

If you have the DARE Palette from Sigma...

Try Treasure Hunt PP and Idyllic PP under some of those shadow colors... They were MADE for each other!

I used to use Coral Crepe PP with this palette until these PP's came out. And the darker Idyllic just makes the orange toned colors pop even more!

post #1800 of 1943

Is there anything that is similar to Genuine Treasure? I'm so sad I can't find it anywhere.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC Posh Paradise Discussion