or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC - Naturally Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC - Naturally Discussion - Page 11

post #301 of 2133

HG can certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that the issue with certain items being cost-prohibitive to offer again might be especially relevant for products that contained a larger number of colours. More colours = more ingredients = more opportunities for prices to rise. In that case, I would think that Blonde and Redhead might be safer, because the tones involved are mostly variations on a couple of base pigments, rather than combinations of entirely different colours.

 

I think that PixieDancer nailed the issue exactly. Chances are that no one would have complained about the "Beigescapades" if they had just given them a different name. Everyone would have been happy to get something that was pretty close to the original Lightscapade. Using the same names invites the comparison and invites criticism that you messed up. Using a different name would allow people to enjoy the improved formula currently available.

post #302 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by katred View Post

HG can certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that the issue with certain items being cost-prohibitive to offer again might be especially relevant for products that contained a larger number of colours. More colours = more ingredients = more opportunities for prices to rise. In that case, I would think that Blonde and Redhead might be safer, because the tones involved are mostly variations on a couple of base pigments, rather than combinations of entirely different colours.

 

I think that PixieDancer nailed the issue exactly. Chances are that no one would have complained about the "Beigescapades" if they had just given them a different name. Everyone would have been happy to get something that was pretty close to the original Lightscapade. Using the same names invites the comparison and invites criticism that you messed up. Using a different name would allow people to enjoy the improved formula currently available.


From my fine art days - nothing was more costly than the precious natural cerulean blue (light sky blue), the more intense natural blue reds and certain brilliant greens - all those natural mineral source pigments are drastically precious, especially since artificial pigments just don't compare in brilliance, even using modern tech. Not hard to stretch them with all sorts of binders, but past a certain point, you just can't extend them without coming up with new ways of milling them down first. 

 

Lightscapade certainly screams "expensive blue pigments" and I'm not surprised if it got watered down. This happens with other products like fabric in vibrant scarlet, emerald green, royal purple and cobalt blue too - synthetic dye just doesn't compare, even today, though it's getting better all the time.

 

I'd say it's a calculated risk to re-release a product under the same name but with a different formula - the trade-off between giving customers something they've been clamoring for and disappointing them after the fact with the 'ole bait 'n switch. Call me cynical, but I bet they still make more money bringing back an old favorite with a less than exact formula than introducing a new product with a new name. Business is all about the cha-ching. devil.gif

 

post #303 of 2133

The SA at Macy's, which only got 8 initially (don't know if they got more), said that Lightscapade was being returned.

post #304 of 2133

I wonder if Fresh Honey will be similar to My Highland Honey?  I missed that one, so I would like another try at a honey colored blushie. 

post #305 of 2133

^I'm waiting on swatches with Fresh Honey and My Highland Honey. I want to see how they compare as well.

post #306 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post


yeah i wish brunette was coming back too because i haven't got that baby!

 



I'm a natural brunette and I passed on the Brunette MSF because it was just too dark and brash looking. I am pretty fair and even with a light application it was just too

over the top and clashy. Redhead was my fav, so subtle and pretty.

 

post #307 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe View Post



I'm a natural brunette and I passed on the Brunette MSF because it was just too dark and brash looking. I am pretty fair and even with a light application it was just too

over the top and clashy. Redhead was my fav, so subtle and pretty.

 

oh redhead is amazing! it gave my cheeks such a beautiful sheen and glow! it was also my first msf so i was so happy with it :)
 

 

post #308 of 2133


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I wonder if Fresh Honey will be similar to My Highland Honey?  I missed that one, so I would like another try at a honey colored blushie. 


This is 1 of the only 2 on my list that I want to see pics of.  From the name Fresh Honey Warm Apricot I was thinkiing it might be similar to Improvise which I adore.

post #309 of 2133

now you mention it fresh honey does sound similar to my highland honey depending on pigmentation i might not get it if its similar but if its super duper pigmented i will but something tells me it will be a mineralized version on MHH

post #310 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeauty15 View Post

now you mention it fresh honey does sound similar to my highland honey depending on pigmentation i might not get it if its similar but if its super duper pigmented i will but something tells me it will be a mineralized version on MHH

i hope it is because i missed my highland honey and would love a mineral version of the same shade!
 

 

post #311 of 2133

isnt warmth of coral somewhat the same type of orange?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post

i hope it is because i missed my highland honey and would love a mineral version of the same shade!
 

 



 

post #312 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008 View Post

I don`t know about mb. I love how they look, I really do, but I `m not a fan of them applied. I`ll still want them but I have to stay away from pinky -corally ones, I mean how many can you have in the same category? ( I already have deep throat, orgasm, coralista, bella bamba, dainty , flewr power, springshine etc) Right now I like dirty pinks blushes, like tarte exposed or nars madly, any good rec from mac same color category?



I feel the same.  I have so many coral/pinky/peach blushes.  You might like MAC Blushbaby.  It's kind of a nudey dusty pink

post #313 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post

i hope it is because i missed my highland honey and would love a mineral version of the same shade!
 

 


MHH was a gorgeous color but I didn't get it because it was powdery.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post

isnt warmth of coral somewhat the same type of orange?
 



 

 

'Not as light/milky or bright. A MB version of MHH with the finish of those SP MBs would be fantastic!
 

 

post #314 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post

isnt warmth of coral somewhat the same type of orange?
 



 



hhhmm i do have that but they look a little different..



Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post


MHH was a gorgeous color but I didn't get it because it was powdery.

 

 

'Not as light/milky or bright. A MB version of MHH with the finish of those SP MBs would be fantastic!
 

 

ah yes... i thought it was a little darker.... i do love my warmth of coral though!
 

 

post #315 of 2133

Damn I thought they were similar. I did not  find one comparison swatch
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post



hhhmm i do have that but they look a little different..

ah yes... i thought it was a little darker.... i do love my warmth of coral though!
 

 



 

post #316 of 2133

I still have no idea what I want from this col. It sounds good but I need more info to decide!

post #317 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeauty15 View Post

now you mention it fresh honey does sound similar to my highland honey depending on pigmentation i might not get it if its similar but if its super duper pigmented i will but something tells me it will be a mineralized version on MHH



That would be the shizzle.  then I 'd be glad I didn't get MHH and got the MB version instead!

post #318 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post



That would be the shizzle.  then I 'd be glad I didn't get MHH and got the MB version instead!

 

Well, I WILL utter heresy and say that as much as I loved Azalea Blossom, I stopped using it when I got Sakura - that MB formula was just so much prettier on my skin.
 

 

post #319 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

Well, I WILL utter heresy and say that as much as I loved Azalea Blossom, I stopped using it when I got Sakura - that MB formula was just so much prettier on my skin.
 

 


yeah the mineral blushes always look nice on my skin too and i find myself using them more than normal blushes!

 

post #320 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post


yeah the mineral blushes always look nice on my skin too and i find myself using them more than normal blushes!

 


All of the MB from Fabulous Felines onwards have been excellent! I'll admit I still like some of the glittery ones from before, but the soft sheen finish ones are hard to beat with standard powder blush for me, even if they're not as long lasting.

 

Sakura and Utterly Game are my favorites. flower.gif

post #321 of 2133

i can't post

post #322 of 2133

libaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

the facts that you have stated about prime materials are so true.. the prices for these have increased to the point where a mid price range co like MAC cannot sustain their product quality.  I also agree on the Sakura and Pet me.. msfs have improved a lot in their finish, but sizes for the same are smaller.

 

katred.. again, you have hit the nail on the proverbial head.  If MAC had labeled Lightscapade, Beigescapade, they would not have had as many disgruntled customers. 

 

all prices for ingredients are soaring, as well as the costs for production per se (machinery, plants).. so all products have undergone price increases.  Welcome to the future.

post #323 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness View Post

libaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

the facts that you have stated about prime materials are so true.. the prices for these have increased to the point where a mid price range co like MAC cannot sustain their product quality.  I also agree on the Sakura and Pet me.. msfs have improved a lot in their finish, but sizes for the same are smaller.

 

katred.. again, you have hit the nail on the proverbial head.  If MAC had labeled Lightscapade, Beigescapade, they would not have had as many disgruntled customers. 

 

all prices for ingredients are soaring, as well as the costs for production per se (machinery, plants).. so all products have undergone price increases.  Welcome to the future.


Here's hoping costs get under control as far as manufacturing goes, because materials aren't going to get any cheaper. It's unfortunate that the expense of integrating new tech can't balance out increasing raw material expense. I think basically looking forward, prices are going to increase for cosmetics pretty noticeably for a number of years, until R&D costs are finally absorbed and then things will level off for a while. 

post #324 of 2133

Honestly, I'd have paid more for a Lightscapeade with more blue veining and would pay more for another Perfect topping.  On the subject of this collection, I think I will like it better than the majority coming down the pike.

post #325 of 2133


oh me too. Up to 35 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Honestly, I'd have paid more for a Lightscapeade with more blue veining and would pay more for another Perfect topping.  On the subject of this collection, I think I will like it better than the majority coming down the pike.



 

post #326 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post


All of the MB from Fabulous Felines onwards have been excellent! I'll admit I still like some of the glittery ones from before, but the soft sheen finish ones are hard to beat with standard powder blush for me, even if they're not as long lasting.

 

Sakura and Utterly Game are my favorites. flower.gif


yess! the soft sheen just creates such a fabulous glow right?! :)

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness View Post

libaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 

the facts that you have stated about prime materials are so true.. the prices for these have increased to the point where a mid price range co like MAC cannot sustain their product quality.  I also agree on the Sakura and Pet me.. msfs have improved a lot in their finish, but sizes for the same are smaller.

 

katred.. again, you have hit the nail on the proverbial head.  If MAC had labeled Lightscapade, Beigescapade, they would not have had as many disgruntled customers. 

 

all prices for ingredients are soaring, as well as the costs for production per se (machinery, plants).. so all products have undergone price increases.  Welcome to the future.


i think nothing has escaped price increases sadly... it's the way of thw world now :(

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Honestly, I'd have paid more for a Lightscapeade with more blue veining and would pay more for another Perfect topping.  On the subject of this collection, I think I will like it better than the majority coming down the pike.

me too! and i love perfect topping so much! :)
 

 

post #327 of 2133

i want perfect topping :(

i got swaplifted when trying to get it :(
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84 View Post


yess! the soft sheen just creates such a fabulous glow right?! :)

 


i think nothing has escaped price increases sadly... it's the way of thw world now :(

 

me too! and i love perfect topping so much! :)
 

 



 

post #328 of 2133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piarpreet View Post

i want perfect topping :(

i got swaplifted when trying to get it :(
 



 


ugh.. it makes me sick when people do that :(

 

post #329 of 2133
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post




All of the MB from Fabulous Felines onwards have been excellent! I'll admit I still like some of the glittery ones from before, but the soft sheen finish ones are hard to beat with standard powder blush for me, even if they're not as long lasting.

 

Sakura and Utterly Game are my favorites. flower.gif

Mineralize blushers are my fav! I love pet me and dainty!
post #330 of 2133

I'm a redhead so I I want to buy Redhead MSF! But, I'm extremely pale. Would this be too strong for me? How do you use MSF's anyway? I'm new to those. I really only use eye products right now. I'm the lightest shade in Bare Minerals.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC - Naturally Discussion