or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC By Request discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC By Request discussion - Page 217

post #6481 of 6640

CYY permanent - hmmm - good idea but I wonder if that would cause it to loose some of its appeal?

Good for us, bad for Evilbayers! hehehehe

post #6482 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

CYY permanent - hmmm - good idea but I wonder if that would cause it to loose some of its appeal?

Good for us, bad for Evilbayers! hehehehe

 

Absolutely. There is nothing more appealing than LE items. CYY will probably sit on the shelves until MAC decides to d/c it :)

post #6483 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

CYY permanent - hmmm - good idea but I wonder if that would cause it to loose some of its appeal?

Good for us, bad for Evilbayers! hehehehe

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Absolutely. There is nothing more appealing than LE items. CYY will probably sit on the shelves until MAC decides to d/c it :)

 

My MAC collection would be a fraction of what it is now if it weren't for LE products blush-anim-cl.gif

post #6484 of 6640

Well I guess it would make it less special for most, but I would love a bright pink like CYY in the perm line. Mac is really missing something like that in it's perm line.

post #6485 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdsprincess View Post

So my friend that works at Mac said that in the new year like around feb that they're making candy yum yum permanent.
Lol don't quote me but that's what she told me and I'm wondering if they really are

 

 

Yes I'm pretty sure this is a done deal (a little birdie told me winks.gif)

Come early next year (maybe as early as January) CYY will be permanent.

So I hope anyone considering paying top dollar holds off until CYY hits counters next year

 

I hope some of those evilbayers get stuck with CYY devil.gif

post #6486 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdee View Post

 

 

Yes I'm pretty sure this is a done deal (a little birdie told me winks.gif)

Come early next year (maybe as early as January) CYY will be permanent.

So I hope anyone considering paying top dollar holds off until CYY hits counters next year

 

I hope some of those evilbayers get stuck with CYY devil.gif

Is there even a remote possibility that the permanent CYY will be the original QC one?

post #6487 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

Is there even a remote possibility that the permanent CYY will be the original QC one?

 

The color might change with each new batch. In other words, it might be even brighter or less bright.

post #6488 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

The color might change with each new batch. In other words, it might be even brighter or less bright.

Oh yes, please! drools.gif

post #6489 of 6640
Candy Yum Yum to become permanent? That would be FABULOUS! I was late to the CYY & Moxie boat and have been wanting them both for some time. I did not want them bad enough to pay the outrageous prices on Ebay. They should do the same with Moxie or do a repromote very soon.... Thanks for this valuable info!
post #6490 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

Is there even a remote possibility that the permanent CYY will be the original QC one?

I am hoping it is. *crosses fingers* I never got the original release CYY.

post #6491 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStormNYC View Post

Candy Yum Yum to become permanent? That would be FABULOUS! I was late to the CYY & Moxie boat and have been wanting them both for some time. I did not want them bad enough to pay the outrageous prices on Ebay. They should do the same with Moxie or do a repromote very soon.... Thanks for this valuable info!

Perm Moxie would be heaven too!

post #6492 of 6640

iagree.gif....that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Perm Moxie would be heaven too!

post #6493 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdee View Post

I am hoping it is. *crosses fingers* I never got the original release CYY.

I really hope they are making it permanent. I have 2 CYY and I use it sparingly to last longer.

post #6494 of 6640

Well since CYY is going to become perm I'm going to break open mine and wear it sometime this weekend or next week. I'm a bright pink girl and have a few of them in my collex. Today I'm gonna wear a purple lippie - its Purple Friday after all! GO RAVENS!

post #6495 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

Well since CYY is going to become perm I'm going to break open mine and wear it sometime this weekend or next week. I'm a bright pink girl and have a few of them in my collex. Today I'm gonna wear a purple lippie - its Purple Friday after all! GO RAVENS!

I love bright lips too. Today I'm rocking purple lips too. (Seductive Intent to be exact)

post #6496 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

Well since CYY is going to become perm I'm going to break open mine and wear it sometime this weekend or next week. I'm a bright pink girl and have a few of them in my collex. Today I'm gonna wear a purple lippie - its Purple Friday after all! GO RAVENS!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMisfit View Post

I love bright lips too. Today I'm rocking purple lips too. (Seductive Intent to be exact)

 

Yaaaay! Purple Friday! cheerleader.gif

 

Today I'm wearing Shiseido RS320 heart.gif

 

No idea why they call it Fuschia - it definitely pulls purple on me. I didn't compare them side by side but I think it might be a cross between Outrageously Fun and Up The Amp.

 

Application is a breeze, the colour payoff is excellent and it feels nice and moisturising on the lips. I absolutely adore it!

post #6497 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

CYY permanent - hmmm - good idea but I wonder if that would cause it to loose some of its appeal?

Good for us, bad for Evilbayers! hehehehe

It would totally lose its appeal I bet.  Bright mattes can only be in vogue for so long until the fashionista whims change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdee View Post

 

 

Yes I'm pretty sure this is a done deal (a little birdie told me winks.gif)

Come early next year (maybe as early as January) CYY will be permanent.

So I hope anyone considering paying top dollar holds off until CYY hits counters next year

 

I hope some of those evilbayers get stuck with CYY devil.gif

Me too.  But I will also be upset because of what I paid some of those scalpers to get my hands on CYY.  We won't go into how I felt when they made Mehr available after I hunted high and low then finally paid more than retail.  But, I have learned my lesson big time.  I hate giving those scalpers my money.  It is the principle more than anything else.

post #6498 of 6640

I still have an extra CYY from By Request if anyone's still looking :)

post #6499 of 6640

Wondering whether I did the right thing by not picking up Flash of Flesh and Cult of Cherry th_dunno.gif

post #6500 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

Wondering whether I did the right thing by not picking up Flash of Flesh and Cult of Cherry th_dunno.gif


They're dupeable.

post #6501 of 6640

Agreed, I don't reach for either one of them and regret wasting my money.

post #6502 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post


They're dupeable.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Agreed, I don't reach for either one of them and regret wasting my money.

 

Thanks! I probably should save my cash for upcoming collections.

post #6503 of 6640

So now that Candy Yum Yum is available on Nordstrom, I assume it will be perm? Can anyone confirm?

post #6504 of 6640

Drat is it gone? I know it's on the site b/c the lipstick comes up in search results, but I can't actually find it amongst the 118 swatches.

post #6505 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairylite100 View Post

So now that Candy Yum Yum is available on Nordstrom, I assume it will be perm? Can anyone confirm?

         i dont see it at nordstroms. some girls heard that its going to be permanent but its unknown if its going to be mac store only or all the details of the making permanent process. 

post #6506 of 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Drat is it gone? I know it's on the site b/c the lipstick comes up in search results, but I can't actually find it amongst the 118 swatches.

if you view the colors by name, its not there th_dunno.gif

 

maybe it comes up cause they had quite cute?

post #6507 of 6640

Thanks kimibos. I thought I was blind again.

post #6508 of 6640

Well I just ordered it here...perhaps its a glitch or something but the order went thru okay so far.

 

http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Details/3022868?categoryid=60140401

post #6509 of 6640

Hmm, somehow it's only on the mobile site. Well, I went for it and ordered, too. At least we'll get the free samples even if the order is cancelled. Thanks, fairylite flower.gif

post #6510 of 6640
Lol I so don't need to buy it but I want to, it says it has a ship date of 12/17 when I add it to cart
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat  › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC By Request discussion