or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012) - Page 17

post #481 of 506
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

TM is officially Lustre, no?


Yup, but I don't find it similar to other lustre finishes that I have in my stash.

post #482 of 506

I am lemming the Jungle palette no and...resisting the urge to BU Tropical Mist with all this praise of it here.

post #483 of 506

You guys are making me want Tropical Mist.  I hope the palettes end up at the CCO.  

post #484 of 506

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette.  Is it that bad?  I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate.  Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?

post #485 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette.  Is it that bad?  I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate.  Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?

I have the Jungle palette and I think it's very nice. I mostly bought it for the blush, which is super duper awesome, but the shadows work really well for my skin tone too and have good pigmentation and texture. The colors aren't particularly unusual, but they're very handy neutrals - the palest color is a very good highlight for me, and I'm really picky about highlight shadows.

post #486 of 506

Not at all IMO!

 

I have and love  both palettes eyelove.gif

 

I agree with liba....great neutral colors and I really like the texture and the pigmentation.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette.  Is it that bad?  I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate.  Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?

post #487 of 506
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Wow, I just saw the D+ rating that T gave to the Jungle palette.  Is it that bad?  I like the bronzer and I love my Desert palette but that rating is really making me hesitate.  Tell me she is exaggerating the poor pigmentation and color payoff?

 

If you like the Desert one, you will certainly like the Jungle palette too.

post #488 of 506
I've resisted up until now but you're all making me want these palettes! #fadingwillpower
post #489 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

If you like the Desert one, you will certainly like the Jungle palette too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACina View Post

Not at all IMO!

 

I have and love  both palettes eyelove.gif

 

I agree with liba....great neutral colors and I really like the texture and the pigmentation.

 


Thanks folks, I think I am opting to get the other Roitfeld palette instead of the holiday ones.  Of course I may renege and decide later to get a holiday palette at the CCO for a discount, but if the Jungle palette is like the Desert one, its a win win.  Love these colors.  I also like how the powder shadows slide over the cream blush product so the powder particles don't end up embedded in the cream product like sometimes happens with palettes with mixed products including powder and gels/creams.  I hate that I will now have 3 palettes with Carbon e/s, but what can you do?

post #490 of 506
Thread Starter 

Good choice. The holiday palettes are likely to end up in CCO's, though I am not sure if CR will be available there.

post #491 of 506

Did anyone get the eyelash curler???

post #492 of 506
No, but I do have an eye on it.
post #493 of 506
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Did anyone get the eyelash curler???

 

Nope.

post #494 of 506

i have it although not in that special packaging and it's really good

post #495 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Did anyone get the eyelash curler???

    i think princesssarah wanted it badly. she probably got it 

post #496 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

Did anyone get the eyelash curler???
    i think princesssarah wanted it badly. she probably got it 

I bought one - haven't used it yet, though.
post #497 of 506
I just got it this past weekend. My first high(er)-end curler after using inexpensive ones after several years. I like it, but I wish it could open just a little bit wider.
post #498 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellygrrl View Post

I just got it this past weekend. My first high(er)-end curler after using inexpensive ones after several years. I like it, but I wish it could open just a little bit wider.

I noticed that too. It doesn't open as wide as the silver mac curler. 😞
post #499 of 506

I got it too, my first eyelash curler. Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the silver or the half lash one instead? It's very tricky to use for me,quite a hassle to get all the lashes in the small 

opening while keeping the curler close to the lid... but I have to say that the curl it gives is wonderful, makes me wish I tried lash curlers sooner!

post #500 of 506
Thread Starter 

I'm glad that I passed on the curler...

post #501 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyrose View Post

I got it too, my first eyelash curler. Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the silver or the half lash one instead? It's very tricky to use for me,quite a hassle to get all the lashes in the small 

opening while keeping the curler close to the lid... but I have to say that the curl it gives is wonderful, makes me wish I tried lash curlers sooner!

OMG...I thought I was the only one....I like the color but that's about it....I used it 2x and never touch it again.....

post #502 of 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyrose View Post

I got it too, my first eyelash curler. Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the silver or the half lash one instead? It's very tricky to use for me,quite a hassle to get all the lashes in the small 

opening while keeping the curler close to the lid... but I have to say that the curl it gives is wonderful, makes me wish I tried lash curlers sooner!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

I'm glad that I passed on the curler...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monidoll4u View Post

OMG...I thought I was the only one....I like the color but that's about it....I used it 2x and never touch it again.....


ORLY?  T seemed to think it was all that and a bag of chips.  I guess I will just stick with my cheapo Revlon one.

post #503 of 506
It does give a good curl; I agree with Christine on that point. It just doesn't open wide enough, which is something she either didn't notice or didn't think was a concern for her.

If you can find and buy the regular silver one (should note that neither the MAC website nor Nordie's website are carrying it at the moment), you may have better luck with that.
post #504 of 506

I guess it works for her eye shape. My eyes are deep set and down turned (according to a gossmakeupartist video). Does anyone have a similar eyeshape and can recommend a better curler?

post #505 of 506

I picked up the Carine Roitfeld Jungle Palette at my CCO few days ago. I love it. <3

post #506 of 506

I wouldn't mind picking it up at cco prices. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › MAC Chat › Color Collections › MAC x Carine Roitfeld (Fall 2012)