or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC for Marilyn - Page 273

post #8161 of 8500
I just saw this, OMG?!! What the heck Freck? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Marilyn-Monroe-Love-Goddess-/251189047221?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item3a7c08afb5
post #8162 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

I just saw this, OMG?!! What the heck Freck? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Marilyn-Monroe-Love-Goddess-/251189047221?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item3a7c08afb5


lol that has to be a mistake or that person needs to put down the looney pills.

post #8163 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

I just saw this, OMG?!! What the heck Freck? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Marilyn-Monroe-Love-Goddess-/251189047221?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item3a7c08afb5

What a howl! Wonder what they were thinking???

post #8164 of 8500

I think MM ranks up there as one of my favorite collections this year.

 

I liked Iris Apfel too - for the gorgeous shades and lovely matte textures (right down my alley!)

post #8165 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey on boost View Post
 put down the looney pills.

rofl.gif

 

It has been changed! 

post #8166 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

rofl.gif

It has been changed! 

Lmao think a lot of them like to check specktra cuz some have been posted on here lol then they change them
post #8167 of 8500
Anyone still looking for FM? I'm at ATL airport and the counter her has six available, which they're currently holding for me. Let me know ASAP, preferably within the next hour.
post #8168 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

Anyone still looking for FM? I'm at ATL airport and the counter her has six available, which they're currently holding for me. Let me know ASAP, preferably within the next hour.

Wow they are sitting on gold lol. Nice of you to offer them up.

post #8169 of 8500

Well some good news: The bastards are beginning to lower the listing prices. Oh,the joy I feel.....

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140889683043?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

post #8170 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Wow they are sitting on gold lol. Nice of you to offer them up.



If only I had seen your post earlier😔😒
post #8171 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magali View Post

If only I had seen your post earlier😔😒


Sorry wrong one! Still new to this
post #8172 of 8500

I am loving The Perfect Cheek! At first I thought it was going to be too light for my skintone but it turns out that it's not! I really like it and I have layered it with Small Vanity blush. Both of them are so perfect together!

post #8173 of 8500

Hmmm, thanks Glam. I haven't opened my TPC yet b/c I thought it was too light. I may have to try that. Does it matter which blush you apply first? Do you wear one more as a highlight or do you just literally apply them on top of each other? I'm makeup illiterate. blush-anim-cl.gif

post #8174 of 8500

I am wearing TPC right now and loving it.  Really I would never have gone for it if not for MM coll frenzy.  

 

 I am having skippers remorse on the cream colored shadow but my own fault.  I did buy it and then returned cus it was so hard and fall out-ish but I am doing the nude eye a lot right now and it would have been good.  My favorite nude look right now is Smashbox Credit with Vibe in crease and both of those are DC and I am at pan with Credit.  I am trying to find a good substitute for it when it comes out and who would have thunk it would be so hard?  

 

I think this coll was the winningest for me this year.  All the red lippies are wonderful.  Even Zen and SI look good although normally I would not wear them.  The BP is amazing as all the pale gals have attested to.  This and the holiday Chanel were the two colls I purchased the most products out of and I don't regret a single penny which tends to happen sometimes when the next best thing comes out.  

post #8175 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

 I'm makeup illiterate. 

 

No way!!! I would have never guessed!! 

post #8176 of 8500

You wouldn't think so if you saw me, but I'm very limited as far as what I can do. I've perfected 2-3 easy looks for myself, but they are just daytime/professional looks. I don't tend to experiment. I've been complimented on those looks before though. I wore the same blush for 10 years straight (NARS Outlaw but didn't wear it regularly until 1.5 years ago) and wore only lip balm on my lips until this summer; occasionally lip gloss. Strangely, a couple of women in the office have asked me to put makeup on them for award banquets. (I'm known as fashionable in the office, but not sure what that's got to do with makeup.) The last woman I did got complimented on her makeup at the event. She showed up in my office with two foundations - 1 the lightest, 1 the darkest shade - and I had to custom mix her color and apply with my fingers. She also had a huge Walgreens-type eye makeup set brand new in package. It was a mess, but I worked it out even using an eye shadow as blush. Up until the last few months, I didn't wear much makeup to work and tend to keep it very neutral and natural when I do. If I wore makeup it was 2-3x max/week.

 

I think b/c I dress well people always assumed I was much more into makeup than I was. The woman down the hall from me wears Mary Kay products and draws on her eyebrows. I would have assumed she'd be who you think of when you think makeup since you certainly see it on her face.

 

My goal has always been to look naturally pretty not made up, but over the summer I decided to wear a little more. Get daring. Wear lipstick. Buy turquoise eye shadow (that I've failed to pull off yet.) That's why I'm always asking questions. smiles.gif

post #8177 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Hmmm, thanks Glam. I haven't opened my TPC yet b/c I thought it was too light. I may have to try that. Does it matter which blush you apply first? Do you wear one more as a highlight or do you just literally apply them on top of each other? I'm makeup illiterate. blush-anim-cl.gif

I apply TPC first then SV after that and used Superb EDSF as highlight. I just lightly dust both of them on if I want to add a bit more. Do try it out!

post #8178 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

 

I think b/c I dress well people always assumed I was much more into makeup than I was. The woman down the hall from me wears Mary Kay products and draws on her eyebrows. I would have assumed she'd be who you think of when you think makeup since you certainly see it on her face.

 

My goal has always been to look naturally pretty not made up, but over the summer I decided to wear a little more. Get daring. Wear lipstick. Buy turquoise eye shadow (that I've failed to pull off yet.) That's why I'm always asking questions. smiles.gif

lol :)

post #8179 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magali View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by magali View Post

If only I had seen your post earlier😔😒


Sorry wrong one! Still new to this

 

Actually you're not too late as I picked up some for CPs plus extras.  I just couldn't leave them there! LOL!

post #8180 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

You wouldn't think so if you saw me, but I'm very limited as far as what I can do. I've perfected 2-3 easy looks for myself, but they are just daytime/professional looks. I don't tend to experiment. I've been complimented on those looks before though. I wore the same blush for 10 years straight (NARS Outlaw but didn't wear it regularly until 1.5 years ago) and wore only lip balm on my lips until this summer; occasionally lip gloss. Strangely, a couple of women in the office have asked me to put makeup on them for award banquets. (I'm known as fashionable in the office, but not sure what that's got to do with makeup.) The last woman I did got complimented on her makeup at the event. She showed up in my office with two foundations - 1 the lightest, 1 the darkest shade - and I had to custom mix her color and apply with my fingers. She also had a huge Walgreens-type eye makeup set brand new in package. It was a mess, but I worked it out even using an eye shadow as blush. Up until the last few months, I didn't wear much makeup to work and tend to keep it very neutral and natural when I do. If I wore makeup it was 2-3x max/week.

 

I think b/c I dress well people always assumed I was much more into makeup than I was. The woman down the hall from me wears Mary Kay products and draws on her eyebrows. I would have assumed she'd be who you think of when you think makeup since you certainly see it on her face.

 

My goal has always been to look naturally pretty not made up, but over the summer I decided to wear a little more. Get daring. Wear lipstick. Buy turquoise eye shadow (that I've failed to pull off yet.) That's why I'm always asking questions. smiles.gif

Funny you say this.  I am know as "the fashionable one" in the office too and I too recently got into make up!! All I was used to was BE, gloss and mascara until a few months ago. I love how you can use makeup to make yourself look better and still look natural and fresh not like the lady down your hall. 

 

Now I feel so good when I open my makeup drawer to make myself pretty every morning. Thank you Specktra! LOL

post #8181 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazmin View Post

 

Actually you're not too late as I picked up some for CPs plus extras.  I just couldn't leave them there! LOL!

You are so nice!! 

post #8182 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

Funny you say this.  I am know as "the fashionable one" in the office too and I too recently got into make up!! All I was used to was BE, gloss and mascara until a few months ago. I love how you can use makeup to make yourself look better and still look natural and fresh not like the lady down your hall. 

Now I feel so good when I open my makeup drawer to make myself pretty every morning. Thank you Specktra! LOL
I wore BE too for almost 2 years until suddenly I became allergic in February. I used it to even out my skin, but wouldn't put anything else on my face. I shudder to think of that now. LOL My daughter is the one who told me to wear blush everyday to liven up my face. (That's her must have product after stealing my NARS.) After spending so much on the Naked palette last year (haha now I think it's a deal) I figured I should wear makeup a little more often to get my money's worth. I've slowly eased into makeup, but went gung ho this summer.
post #8183 of 8500

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissTT View Post


I wore BE too for almost 2 years until suddenly I became allergic in February. I used it to even out my skin, but wouldn't put anything else on my face. I shudder to think of that now. LOL My daughter is the one who told me to wear blush everyday to liven up my face. (That's her must have product after stealing my NARS.) After spending so much on the Naked palette last year (haha now I think it's a deal) I figured I should wear makeup a little more often to get my money's worth. I've slowly eased into makeup, but went gung ho this summer.

I went years without wearing blush at all, but if I don't have it on now I think I look dead girlhaha.gif

post #8184 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post

I just saw this, OMG?!! What the heck Freck? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mac-Marilyn-Monroe-Love-Goddess-/251189047221?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item3a7c08afb5

What was it??? I missed it. I wanted a good laugh. LOL

post #8185 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdee View Post

What was it??? I missed it. I wanted a good laugh. LOL

It had a buy it now price of $500 before any bids were placed. 

post #8186 of 8500

I have an extra Perfect Cheek blush if anyone still needs one. Just PM me :)

post #8187 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

I went years without wearing blush at all, but if I don't have it on now I think I look dead girlhaha.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post


I wore BE too for almost 2 years until suddenly I became allergic in February. I used it to even out my skin, but wouldn't put anything else on my face. I shudder to think of that now. LOL My daughter is the one who told me to wear blush everyday to liven up my face. (That's her must have product after stealing my NARS.) After spending so much on the Naked palette last year (haha now I think it's a deal) I figured I should wear makeup a little more often to get my money's worth. I've slowly eased into makeup, but went gung ho this summer.

 

LOL!! 

 

Oh em gee! Mine was giving me little bumps too. Not allergy but it was like a very mild acne. My face is feeling better since I switched to Laura Mercier and BE ready foundation. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

I went years without wearing blush at all, but if I don't have it on now I think I look dead girlhaha.gif

That!! I have pink cheeks and though I did not need blush because I would look like  a clown. True is, I looked like a dead clown!!!.. Duh! Blush makes all the difference. I know use it highlights my natural pinky cheeks and to liven up my look like Miss TT says ;-)

post #8188 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

I went years without wearing blush at all, but if I don't have it on now I think I look dead girlhaha.gif

I wore blush in my early makeup years because it was the late 70's/early 80's, where strong blush was THE look. I had some crazy blushes back then from Diane von Furstenberg's makeup collections (hers were the craziest back then), like bright orange frosted with gold, pure silver, strong brick red (just like Hidden Treasure, as a matter of fact), purple lavender, etc.

 

Then for years I didn't wear blush, because I too felt like my cheeks were pink enough naturally and didn't need any enhancing, plus the look had become the pale style. Then I just wasn't wearing makeup at all....

 

Now I'm back to blush, partially because it does wake up my face, but I'd have to say my main reason for wearing it now is because when people look at you, it's almost as if they're expecting to see some blush - like the "normal", put-together look includes some blush or bronzer, or else you're looking undone. For years, you just looked undone if you didn't have some lipstick on, but now it's blush, and you can pretty much skip the lipstick if you want. Of course, also now there are so many gorgeous blush colors and the new formulas where the blush merges with your skin are so much more flattering than the old powdery stuff that was everywhere even just 2 years ago. All hail BLUSH!

post #8189 of 8500

what is BE?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

I went years without wearing blush at all, but if I don't have it on now I think I look dead girlhaha.gif

 

same!

i just can't go without it these days.  my one thing i could not leave the house without use to be mascara, but now it's blush AND mascara. so two things. if i had to pick one i'd stay home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

Now I'm back to blush, partially because it does wake up my face, but I'd have to say my main reason for wearing it now is because when people look at you, it's almost as if they're expecting to see some blush - like the "normal", put-together look includes some blush or bronzer, or else you're looking undone. For years, you just looked undone if you didn't have some lipstick on, but now it's blush, and you can pretty much skip the lipstick if you want. Of course, also now there are so many gorgeous blush colors and the new formulas where the blush merges with your skin are so much more flattering than the old powdery stuff that was everywhere even just 2 years ago. All hail BLUSH!

here here!

i love the current trend towards blush. it meant that i finally experimented with it and learned how to use it! i use to focus on eyes, and occasionally put a bit of lipstick. when i started with blush, i was only really comfortable with those really sheer jelly formulas, because they were so forgiving in terms of technique!

post #8190 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhana View Post

what is BE?

 

Bare Escentuals or Bare Minerals pretty.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections