or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC for Marilyn - Page 278

post #8311 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

Omg lol I've been dreaming bout makeup the last few nights lol glad to kno it's not just me!!

What?! No way! Me too haha I had a dream last night about the new lipsticks from the Archie girls collection haha
post #8312 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

iagree.gif

 

+ I guess a lot of us here have dreams related to make up. Lol, I most certainly have been there...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post

What a laugh!!! Lipstick on the brain!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderPearl View Post

LOL I thought I was the only one who dreamt about make-up! I just had one where I got my package for AC and Strength and when I opened the package, all the boxes were there but they were empty o_o Then I was trying to get the number for MAC CS but I couldn't find it anywhere and I was like shoving people...? Lol, I don't even know xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtyp View Post

Omg lol I've been dreaming bout makeup the last few nights lol glad to kno it's not just me!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiebaby781 View Post


What?! No way! Me too haha I had a dream last night about the new lipsticks from the Archie girls collection haha

 

Omg this makes me feel a lot less crazy!  Lol!  This is why I've needed Specktra in my life   grouphug2.gif

post #8313 of 8500

Same here....I do dream about make up sooooooooooo oftengrouphug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

 

 

 

 

Omg this makes me feel a lot less crazy!  Lol!  This is why I've needed Specktra in my life   grouphug2.gif

post #8314 of 8500

The moment has arrived...I'm about to hit pan on my first FM. I can see the concentric circles, but there's still a slight layer above them. I'm guessing that I'll get 6 months out of one at this rate.

 

It's hard to tell how much I'll use it in the summer since it's so light. When I wear it a little more heavily instead of foundation, it definitely takes me from NC22 or so down to NC20. Time will tell if I'll be able to wear it all over in the summer. It would be a nice break from foundation since that just melts off me in hot weather, primer or not primer. If I can't, it will take me years to get through this since I usually wear foundation to work and just wear FM on non-foundation days. If I can wear it in summer I'll go through it in record time.

post #8315 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post

On Christmas Eve I rocked my Deeply Adored l/s with Easy Manner blush and WoG to highlight.  On the eyes, I used Indianwood paint pot with Naked pigment on the lid, Soba and Club mixed in the crease, and Crystal Avalanche e/s under the brow.  The look was a total hit with the hubby's family...got so many compliments!  DA definitely was the focus of the look  eyelove.gif

sounds pretty!

post #8316 of 8500

I haven't touched my FM beauty powder in months ... I only managed to get one so I'm scared to use it.. crybaby.gif

post #8317 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverJenn View Post

I haven't touched my FM beauty powder in months ... I only managed to get one so I'm scared to use it.. crybaby.gif

LOL...I feel the same way.  I only got one too, and it is still in the box untouched.  I also haven't opened any of the lipsticks from this collection either, they are so pretty I am almost afraid to use them!

post #8318 of 8500

I think that I will be using FM a lot more in the summer.  I am still wondering if I need more BU's.

post #8319 of 8500

CIS and DA are amazing. i'm using them a lot this xmas!

post #8320 of 8500

My lustre-finish loving daughter has been wearing Love Goddess to death since she got it on Christmas. She was intimidated at first by both the intensity of the colour and the more precise application that's required, but she's getting better with both. It looks great on her!

 

I wore DA on Christmas myself. I love the lippies in this collection. :)

post #8321 of 8500

sorry for the OT, but speaking of red lippies, for the first time in almost 8 years i've decided to change my avatar! thanks to this thread haha cheerleader.gif

post #8322 of 8500

Patricia - you look lovely in red!

 

RED RULES eyelove.gif

 

I could not live without FM ...ok, that is a bit dramatic...well, maybegreengrin.gif

post #8323 of 8500

Can anyone tell me how Deeply Adored compares to Runaway Red?  I just got Runaway Red now but was contemplating if I should get DA too!

post #8324 of 8500
I don't have runaway red but deeply adored is a wine color. It's really close to viva glam V.
post #8325 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverJenn View Post

I haven't touched my FM beauty powder in months ... I only managed to get one so I'm scared to use it.. crybaby.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgrrl View Post

LOL...I feel the same way.  I only got one too, and it is still in the box untouched.  I also haven't opened any of the lipsticks from this collection either, they are so pretty I am almost afraid to use them!

Ladies, ladies! Use it and enjoy! MAC will either bring it back or do another one that's even better - I mean FM and the red lippies too!!!!! These are ongoing trends - they're only going to get bigger & better.

post #8326 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearrlkitten View Post

Can anyone tell me how Deeply Adored compares to Runaway Red?  I just got Runaway Red now but was contemplating if I should get DA too!

Runaway Red is deeper, like a dark ruby, while DA is more of a classic style crimson red. If I could only choose one on me, it'd be Runaway Red - one of my all-time favorite reds.

 

If you can get DA for the normal price and don't have lots of reds and you look good in blue reds, go for it, but I personally wouldn't pay a huge markup for it - there will be more reds out there.

post #8327 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

Ladies, ladies! Use it and enjoy! MAC will either bring it back or do another one that's even better - I mean FM and the red lippies too!!!!! These are ongoing trends - they're only going to get bigger & better.

You are so right. I recently became a MU addict. I would say four months or so. I started buying BU's of every LE item that would come out or pay really high prices on ebay. I used to think "OMG this is perfect and it will never come out again!!" I did not even think of looking up dupes.

 

Now, I get what I really want and don't BU. Well with the exception of CIS (just because it is my most perfect red, the one in my avatar actually) and the FM. Which I think I am going to get rid off because I have barely put a dent in the one I have. I use just a little bit as a finishing powder so I think it would be a while until I finish the first one and get into the BU. I think I should let it go to someone that probably missed on it or really REALLY wants it.

post #8328 of 8500

Quote:

Originally Posted by liba View Post

 

Ladies, ladies! Use it and enjoy! MAC will either bring it back or do another one that's even better - I mean FM and the red lippies too!!!!! These are ongoing trends - they're only going to get bigger & better.


My first FM is only going to last another week or so, but I do have a trillion backups. That said, I'm more than confident that something even better will come out in the future :D

post #8329 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


My first FM is only going to last another week or so, but I do have a trillion backups. That said, I'm more than confident that something even better will come out in the future :D

 

Same. I'll use mine liberally until I get to the last one (which will probably take me a couple of years). If something else comes along that I like even better, I'll be happy to share a couple from my stash. The benefit of being surrounded by teen girls - makeup never goes to waste.

post #8330 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


My first FM is only going to last another week or so, but I do have a trillion backups. That said, I'm more than confident that something even better will come out in the future :D


I hope you're right because I get a sinking feeling just looking at your photo of the pan for FM.  And I haven't even hit pan on the first one yet...

post #8331 of 8500

Sad to say FM is the one item from this collex that I have barely used.

I purchased it mainly for the packaging.

I put it with my b/up of Marine Life powder - two pretty packages!

 

The lippies and e/s on the other hand - I won't be surprised if I run out by the end of 2013.

Yes - they are getting that much love!

post #8332 of 8500

Mac Online still has the blush  "The Perfect Cheek" available for those interested =^) just ordered one.

post #8333 of 8500

I cannot believe how much I adore DA.  Tried it with BBQ liner and it was perfect.  This color is the slightly blackened matte red I have been looking for and DH really liked it too.eyelove.gif

post #8334 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I cannot believe how much I adore DA.  Tried it with BBQ liner and it was perfect.  This color is the slightly blackened matte red I have been looking for and DH really liked it too.eyelove.gif

I like it too. It's definitely different than my long-time HG red (VG1) - I'm glad I have both.

post #8335 of 8500

Is BBQ discontinued?

 

It is no longer listed on the web site th_dunno.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll View Post

I cannot believe how much I adore DA.  Tried it with BBQ liner and it was perfect.  This color is the slightly blackened matte red I have been looking for and DH really liked it too.eyelove.gif

post #8336 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


I actually miscounted and I have nine. I think.

But they are not all in the same place - some are in my house at uni, others are at home and some are in the accomodation that I have to stay in when I'm on placement. I need to gather them all together or something!

My first one is nearly finished now:

 

700

OMG unbelievable!!! I thought to be fast finishing a beauty powder in about 8 months... Do you use it all over your face? and what skintone are you? I've only used it as a highlighter but I've not tried it yet now that I'm a bit lighter (NC20).. Elude is perfect for me!

 

Edit: I've just tried it all over my face and it works, yay!


Edited by xasperadastra - 1/4/13 at 9:21am
post #8337 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


I actually miscounted and I have nine. I think.

But they are not all in the same place - some are in my house at uni, others are at home and some are in the accomodation that I have to stay in when I'm on placement. I need to gather them all together or something!

My first one is nearly finished now:

 

700

WOW!! That is awesome that you are nearly finished on your first FM! I haven't used mine yet and will one of these days!

post #8338 of 8500
Gracie are you going to B2m you BP?
post #8339 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


I actually miscounted and I have nine. I think.

But they are not all in the same place - some are in my house at uni, others are at home and some are in the accomodation that I have to stay in when I'm on placement. I need to gather them all together or something!

My first one is nearly finished now:

 

700

Okay Gracie, now I'm concerned.  What are you doing eating the stuff?  girlhaha.gif I've never used anything that quickly.  You need to find more.  At this rate you'll be done before the end of the year. Good for you.  Work it Gracie Work it!!

post #8340 of 8500

Yeah,

 

BBQ was discontinued last year. It was a great shade. I always wanted to pick one up but never got around to it.

You may be able to locate it @ cco.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections