or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MAC for Marilyn - Page 282

post #8431 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

I made the trip this weekend, because Sephora NL's facebook page said the Oz palettes were in. If you have facebook do subscribe, because they'll let you know if they have something new in:) I got the Glinda palette! Also I believe to promo ends on february 24th.

 

Nice one! pompom.gif

 

How much are the palettes? I want to go but I'd be majorly pissed if I they're sold out. All that fuss for nothing.

post #8432 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Nice one! pompom.gif

 

How much are the palettes? I want to go but I'd be majorly pissed if I they're sold out. All that fuss for nothing.

Thanks! I believe €45-46, without any discount. You can also call and ask if they can hold one for you. I did that once for a nail polish and they were ok with it.

post #8433 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Thanks! I believe €45-46, without any discount. You can also call and ask if they can hold one for you. I did that once for a nail polish and they were ok with it.

 

Yeah, I could try calling them I suppose. Only I remember trying to call them a while back (can't remember why) and the phone number they have on the website didn't work. Either way, I don't think I'll have time to go in the next few days because there's too much stuff on at work. I could have finished a bit early on Friday but they've scheduled a stupid strategy meeting for the whole afternoon sleepy.gif

post #8434 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Yeah, I could try calling them I suppose. Only I remember trying to call them a while back (can't remember why) and the phone number they have on the website didn't work. Either way, I don't think I'll have time to go in the next few days because there's too much stuff on at work. I could have finished a bit early on Friday but they've scheduled a stupid strategy meeting for the whole afternoon sleepy.gif

How strange that the phone number didn't work. I don't get sephora on the phone directly, but someone from V&D (the store sephora is located in). I just ask if they can direct me to sephora and they do. I hope you'll be able to get your palette(s)!

post #8435 of 8500

I've used Forever Marilyn daily since I got the powder and I love it! I'm going to see how the new NARS powder compares to it. I also use Legenday a lot, and Deeply Adored was the lipstick I used for my wedding. Of course, I've been using a lot of my reds every since my husband said they're his favorite on me heart.gif

post #8436 of 8500
Anyone selling FM for close to retail price?
post #8437 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

I've used Forever Marilyn daily since I got the powder and I love it! I'm going to see how the new NARS powder compares to it. I also use Legenday a lot, and Deeply Adored was the lipstick I used for my wedding. Of course, I've been using a lot of my reds every since my husband said they're his favorite on me heart.gif

Yes, please get back to us on how it compares, I'd love to know! smiles.gif TIA!

post #8438 of 8500

I'd be shocked if FM showed up @ cco.

That and the lipsticks were highly sought after.

Heck, I'd be shocked if any of the lip sticks make it.

I may break my no-buy and check out my local cco next month.

post #8439 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

How strange that the phone number didn't work. I don't get sephora on the phone directly, but someone from V&D (the store sephora is located in). I just ask if they can direct me to sephora and they do. I hope you'll be able to get your palette(s)!

Maybe it was a temporary problem with their phone line. It was a long time ago. Calling V&D directly is a good idea though. Thanks! flower.gif

 

Not that I'm getting the pesky palettes any time soon. Cult Nails just started a 25% off sale (runs until the 8th). Let's just say I was overenthusiastic... angelic.gif

post #8440 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

If you would like it we could place an order together again like with By Request. That would lower the shipping costs:)

I made the trip this weekend, because Sephora NL's facebook page said the Oz palettes were in. If you have facebook do subscribe, because they'll let you know if they have something new in:) I got the Glinda palette! Also I believe to promo ends on february 24th.

That would be a great idea. However, I had to make a jugdement call today as to how much money I would wire to my credit card because otherwise it will definately not be processed in time (I assume it will release this Thursday on MAC UK). Unfortunately the money came late as it was... I didn't wire extra money th_dunno.gif I'm so sorry...

 

I decided to wait for the release here. I also told myself that if I don't get the pro discount I will restrict myself to the B + V PMs and perhaps one or two lipsticks. I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad..... BB is like FoL and RS, flamingo, cut a caper, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... wacko.gif

 

If several interesting collections go online in the UK at the same time, I might order in the UK then. I do hope we can all score what we want. 

 

What's your wish list?

post #8441 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

That would be a great idea. However, I had to make a jugdement call today as to how much money I would wire to my credit card because otherwise it will definately not be processed in time (I assume it will release this Thursday on MAC UK). Unfortunately the money came late as it was... I didn't wire extra money th_dunno.gif I'm so sorry...

 

I decided to wait for the release here. I also told myself that if I don't get the pro discount I will restrict myself to the B + V PMs and perhaps one or two lipsticks. I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad, I can dupe the Veronica quad..... BB is like FoL and RS, flamingo, cut a caper, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... wacko.gif

 

If several interesting collections go online in the UK at the same time, I might order in the UK then. I do hope we can all score what we want. 

 

What's your wish list?

That's no problem at all;) I thought I could help you out that way too. I bought myself some Ruby Woo yesterday, so I have a new lippie to enjoy untill Archie's Girls!

I want:

Spoiled Rich quad

Lucky In Love pigment

Prom Princess blush

Veronica's Blush pearlmatte

Flatter Me pearlmatte

Daddy's Little Girl l/s (+ BU)

Ronnie Red l/s

Betty Bright l/s

I'm sure you can dupe the Spoiled Rich quad, but I actually don't have that many purple shadows, so for me it's still a bit unique. I do not have FoL or CaC and like Satins a lot so Betty Bright it is. Unless I really dislike it when swatched. I prefer the other two lippies on my list though I think.

I also hope you can get everything you want!

post #8442 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

Deeply Adored was the lipstick I used for my wedding. Of course, I've been using a lot of my reds every since my husband said they're his favorite on me heart.gif

what an amazing choice, i'd love to see pictures!

post #8443 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

Well I just found out that AG will release in the UK later this week. I doubt that buying 4 - 5 products is worth ordering from the UK. I just tried to find out when it releases here, because if it will come here shortly, I'm going to have to pass on the Sephora deal. Otherwise I might splurge...

 

Oh, NOOOOOOO! Now I'm getting really pissed off with Mac UK, too. They have just released 3 collections, all on different days, and if they are going to launch now the AG too, what's going to happen in April??! I can't order 3-4 times in a week or so and pay 18 GBP for shipping each time!

post #8444 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

 

Oh, NOOOOOOO! Now I'm getting really pissed off with Mac UK, too. They have just released 3 collections, all on different days, and if they are going to launch now the AG too, what's going to happen in April??! I can't order 3-4 times in a week or so and pay 18 GBP for shipping each time!

 

That sucks. Can't you ask them to consolidate the orders?

post #8445 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV View Post

 

Oh, NOOOOOOO! Now I'm getting really pissed off with Mac UK, too. They have just released 3 collections, all on different days, and if they are going to launch now the AG too, what's going to happen in April??! I can't order 3-4 times in a week or so and pay 18 GBP for shipping each time!

 

Is Archie's not coming to Finland?

post #8446 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

That sucks. Can't you ask them to consolidate the orders?

They don't hold the orders. I think that's what you mean? At least that's what I have been told before...

post #8447 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

That sucks. Can't you ask them to consolidate the orders?

 

I don't know but I may ask about it if it is possible. Thank you for the suggestion. We all know you have to order once it is on the site. If there just was enough stock... but that won't happen.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Guy View Post

 

Is Archie's not coming to Finland?

 

Yes, it will come eventually. But I have no trust on them any more. We got the AC Collection like 4 weeks late (this was not necessarily Mac's flault, but anyways), BUT when the collection finally came out we got only one (1!) lippie out of 5! Also one MB and at least one liner was a no-show. Plus we won't get any AG accessories.

post #8448 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

They don't hold the orders. I think that's what you mean? At least that's what I have been told before...

 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like, if you place an order on Monday and another on Thursday, asking them to ship them together. Too bad they don't do it ssad.gif

post #8449 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickMackane View Post

 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like, if you place an order on Monday and another on Thursday, asking them to ship them together. Too bad they don't do it ssad.gif

They don't. As a matter of Fact I placed an order once. After hanging up the phone I realized that I forgot 1 or 2 items. I immediately called back to try and add that / those item(s) to my first order, but they said that wasn't possible. ohboy.gif Needless to say I cancelled the second part...

post #8450 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACerette View Post

They don't. As a matter of Fact I placed an order once. After hanging up the phone I realized that I forgot 1 or 2 items. I immediately called back to try and add that / those item(s) to my first order, but they said that wasn't possible. ohboy.gif Needless to say I cancelled the second part...

That's crazy. MAC Canada will add to a shipment if it hasn't gone out yet. I've called a couple of times to consolidate two shipments or upgrade shipping with a free express code and they've always checked to see if it was still in the warehouse and combined if they could.

post #8451 of 8500

Gwen Stefani just tweeted a picture of her vanity with Forever Marilyn lying on top. Smart girl! eyelove.gif

 

https://twitter.com/gwenstefani/status/299563579730968576/photo/1

post #8452 of 8500

Haha that's so cute. What is she using the CDs for, mixing?

post #8453 of 8500

Wow, She uses a lot of MAC stuff!

 

Nice tweet!

post #8454 of 8500

I like Gwen Steffani. I would love MAC to collaberate with her, but I think she's still representing L'Oreal.

post #8455 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey C View Post

That's crazy. MAC Canada will add to a shipment if it hasn't gone out yet. I've called a couple of times to consolidate two shipments or upgrade shipping with a free express code and they've always checked to see if it was still in the warehouse and combined if they could.

That's how it should be...

post #8456 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Haha that's so cute. What is she using the CDs for, mixing?

 

Probably, or maybe for applying lashes?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberViolet View Post

I like Gwen Steffani. I would love MAC to collaberate with her, but I think she's still representing L'Oreal.

 

I don't understand why she wasn't at least a Viva Glam girl before L'Oreal. She has raved about MAC her entire career and would be perfect.

post #8457 of 8500

that's so true, Gwen has to be at least a Viva Glam girl ç_____ç

she's gorgeous and not afraid of bold lipsticks...
 

post #8458 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

what an amazing choice, i'd love to see pictures!

Here's a picture of me wearing Deeply Adored on my wedding day. My makeup artist did it more as a stain, but I loved the end result heart.gif

 

 

*

post #8459 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelamb View Post

Gwen Stefani just tweeted a picture of her vanity with Forever Marilyn lying on top. Smart girl! eyelove.gif

 

https://twitter.com/gwenstefani/status/299563579730968576/photo/1

 

I really have fun imagining GS or her assistant refreshing Specktra and MAC frantically to score FM on its release night. girlhaha.gif

post #8460 of 8500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knope2012 View Post

Here's a picture of me wearing Deeply Adored on my wedding day. My makeup artist did it more as a stain, but I loved the end result heart.gif

 

 

*


You look gorgeous!

 

Love the little red details with the white dress!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Color Collections