or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012 - Page 8

post #211 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post

 

 

Well, turns out that US Variation looks very different color-wise from Cafemakeup's swatches of the Euro version:

 

http://cafemakeup.com/2012/06/25/chanel-variation-eyeshadow-quad-swatches-review/

 

The upper right shade is straight up light grey (not taupe) and the lower left is a boring light brown without any rosiness to it at all. Even the eggplant looks prettier in the Euro. In the US the "eggplant" is more of a purpley plum, not as deep, and not as much red in it.  I may get the Euro version. It's not that it's a terrible quad but if you are after the shades in the Euro version you will not get them with the US one.
 

 

Thanks for the pics! Great that there is a US Variation. The texture and pigmentation looks much better, but I actually like the Euro version colours more. So this is one of those quads that have different colours for US and Euro versions but they are of the same name.

post #212 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

I will have Black Orchid early this coming week & I just got Rouge Noir, so I will be able to compare it for those who would like to know.

Thank you, that would be so helpful!

post #213 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ View Post

 

Thanks for the pics! Great that there is a US Variation. The texture and pigmentation looks much better, but I actually like the Euro version colours more. So this is one of those quads that have different colours for US and Euro versions but they are of the same name.

you mean this quad? http://wade-ashore.blogspot.pt/2012/06/chanel-les-4-ombres-37-variation.html

If you would like I could check at Sephora if they still have these quads and I could send you it:-)

post #214 of 267

I have the Variation quad. As pretty as it is in the palette, I can't recommend it. Every shade is shimmery (the kind of shimmer that's in Star Dust blush) so it make it difficult to wear more than 2 shades at once. In certain lights, all I saw was shimmer and not much in the way of pigment. This isn't a must have (in my opinion)

post #215 of 267

Chanel quads are no must-have I think but they are pretty and wearable. To my mind Nars palettes are must-haves, they're much better than the Chanel quads in terms of colour. I wish we had Chantecaille and Tom Ford here, their quads are gorgeous ! But also expensive. We call that " über luxe " and I fear this is only available in Paris...

But I do love Chanel, the Holiday quad is really beautiful, Variation is not bad but I agree it's not a must-have ( French baked version ).

post #216 of 267

Sadly those shimmers really bothered my eyes today.  crybaby.gif

post #217 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post

I have the Variation quad. As pretty as it is in the palette, I can't recommend it. Every shade is shimmery (the kind of shimmer that's in Star Dust blush) so it make it difficult to wear more than 2 shades at once. In certain lights, all I saw was shimmer and not much in the way of pigment. This isn't a must have (in my opinion)

 

 

I still haven't ordered this quad.  I was going to on Sunday, but something held me back.  4 shimmery shades might not be what I want.  I am rather pleased with the Chanel holiday quad and Guerlain's quad and am satified playing around with those at the moment.  Now I think that I need to swatch this in person before buying. 

post #218 of 267

I just want to say Plantine liner looks amazing on top of the Rouge Noir! I even used it all over the lid.

 

The new black liner is soo intense, it is amazing! ♥

post #219 of 267

Oh and I Love the Variations quad! Then again, I adore shimmer and metallics!

 

I need to make a video for swatches. Grab the liners! ;)

post #220 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caise View Post

you mean this quad? http://wade-ashore.blogspot.pt/2012/06/chanel-les-4-ombres-37-variation.html

If you would like I could check at Sephora if they still have these quads and I could send you it:-)

 

Thanks, I have these round ones at my counter too!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44 View Post

Sadly those shimmers really bothered my eyes today.  crybaby.gif

 

From the US version? Sorry to hear that, I hope your eyes are better now. Maybe you try using a stickier base?

post #221 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by franlynne View Post

Thank you, that would be so helpful!

Here ya go.

 

left to right. Tom Ford Black Orchid, Chanel Rouge Noir, Chanel L'Impatente

 

 

post #222 of 267

the black orchid is lovely ~ it looks to be a much more wearable shade and heaven knows I consider the other two wearable to start with eyelove.gif

post #223 of 267

It's very wearable! Black Orchid is amazingly GORGEOUS on eyelove.gif

post #224 of 267

L'Impatiente is easy to wear, deep raisin ( a bit like Nars Vendanges but in a matte version ), Tom Ford black Orchid looks gorgeous. Rouge Noir is a must-have as a nail polish but I've never tried the lipstick.

post #225 of 267

Oh dear. Black Orchid is different from the other two lipsticks...

post #226 of 267

Update on my FNO//notorious order.  No tracking number but package did arrive today.  An extra nail polish sent in infidel  which is unfortunate.  I dislike the infidel nail polish although the infidel lipstick is WUNDERBAR.  I think I prefer the infidel lipstick to the provocation lipstick and the provocation nail polish to the provocation lipstick.  I am glad that they are all a slightly plummy set since I will be able to do provocation nail polish and infidel lipstick during day followed by provocation in evenings or for stronger lip.  Either way the infidel nail polish is probably not going to be worn so two bottles is definitely one too many.  

 

I received a mini glossimer & a body lotion in a patent cosmetics bag.  Plus some samples I haven't looked at on the side.  I am excited to try the glossimer.  

 

Notorious is wonderful but so soft!  I am amazed by how much powder flew around with just one swipe of brush!  The brune d'or JC was also incredibly soft.  Softer than stardust or my other JC.  But I have cheekbones!  Praise the heavens.  I am not going to say I contoured well but seriously I have cheekbones!

post #227 of 267

WOW, black Orchid is as beautiful as I had hoped it would be! Thank you for the comparisons, I think I like it the best of the three. And I really like rouge noir. The sad thing is I just got back from having lunch with a friend and I told her that my lipstick obsession was so out of control and that I really needed to stop buying them!!! Oh well, maybe I can stop after this one. ;) 

post #228 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaknits View Post

Update on my FNO//notorious order.  No tracking number but package did arrive today.  An extra nail polish sent in infidel  which is unfortunate.  I dislike the infidel nail polish although the infidel lipstick is WUNDERBAR.  I think I prefer the infidel lipstick to the provocation lipstick and the provocation nail polish to the provocation lipstick.  I am glad that they are all a slightly plummy set since I will be able to do provocation nail polish and infidel lipstick during day followed by provocation in evenings or for stronger lip.  Either way the infidel nail polish is probably not going to be worn so two bottles is definitely one too many.  

 

I received a mini glossimer & a body lotion in a patent cosmetics bag.  Plus some samples I haven't looked at on the side.  I am excited to try the glossimer.  

 

Notorious is wonderful but so soft!  I am amazed by how much powder flew around with just one swipe of brush!  The brune d'or JC was also incredibly soft.  Softer than stardust or my other JC.  But I have cheekbones!  Praise the heavens.  I am not going to say I contoured well but seriously I have cheekbones!


It's good that you seem to be happy with your items overall after having to deal with such a hassle.

post #229 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by franlynne View Post

WOW, black Orchid is as beautiful as I had hoped it would be! Thank you for the comparisons, I think I like it the best of the three. And I really like rouge noir. The sad thing is I just got back from having lunch with a friend and I told her that my lipstick obsession was so out of control and that I really needed to stop buying them!!! Oh well, maybe I can stop after this one. ;) 


lol.gif true.gif

 

Black Orchid is a must have imho. As a stain its so beautiful. None of the 3 are similar. Rouge Noir is softly dramatic.

post #230 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicy View Post

I just want to say Plantine liner looks amazing on top of the Rouge Noir! I even used it all over the lid.

The new black liner is soo intense, it is amazing! ♥

Rouge Noir liner??? Is it liquid? So much confusion on this product. I'd love swatches of it. Is the black liner darker than urban decay Perversion?
post #231 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte View Post


Rouge Noir liner??? Is it liquid? So much confusion on this product. I'd love swatches of it. Is the black liner darker than urban decay Perversion?

 

 

Hi, this is the liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday. It is now in this collection here. It is liquid and purple like.

 

The black is very very black and the Plantine is a nice silvery taupe.

There were going to hold it for black friday, but some places have started selling the collection.

 

They are very very nice! :)

post #232 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsy View Post

when you say lack of return policy what do you mean? i just don't want to be bothered if i don't like the quad and want to return it.

i almost never return anything but just in case...

 

nordstrom still did not get this, they only have new mascara in stock. 

 

You should call Nordstrom customer service at 1-888-282-6060 and tell them what you're looking for. They will do everything they can to track it down and ship it to you free. They've done this for me more than once and two times were for a nail polish. Also you can return it free.

post #233 of 267

Thanks shadow addict

 

i do not have good experience with nordstrom cs. once i needed a product and they told me it is already sold out and they will not restock it. i was surprised because it was new item. anyway that was total bs because they got the product 10 days later of course. next time i wanted to buy a watch that was sold out online and they gave me two store numbers to call and order there over the phone. store did not have it. i talked to cs again literally 10min later and they told me that none of the stores have it... and i gave up asking their cs anything because they never have the right info

post #234 of 267

Neicy so the purple liner in this collection is the infamous Rouge Noir liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday? Can you swatch it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicy View Post

 

 

Hi, this is the liner that was supposed to come out with Holiday. It is now in this collection here. It is liquid and purple like.

 

The black is very very black and the Plantine is a nice silvery taupe.

There were going to hold it for black friday, but some places have started selling the collection.

 

They are very very nice! :)

post #235 of 267

Oh boy the liners sound great too!  My wallet can't handle all this fabulous stuff coming out now.  I'm loving so many things right now.  Bloomies says they will have this stuff for Black Friday.  I really don't do Black Friday so I don't know how much of this stuff I will get.  The liners sound fab.  I was expecting to just get Vision and Distraction but now I don't know.

post #236 of 267

I have read so many conflicting reviews on these products.  Plus I have read that they are joining the permanent collection (except the plantine liner), so I am going to try to hold off buying until I get a chance to swatch them in person.  There are too many holiday collections with too many LE products available right now.  So these will have to wait.

post #237 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one View Post

Here ya go.

 

left to right. Tom Ford Black Orchid, Chanel Rouge Noir, Chanel L'Impatente

 

 

Went down to NM today and came home with Black Orchid. Love,love, love it!! Thank you again for the comparisons.

post #238 of 267

You're welcome! Enjoy it - its so beautiful.

post #239 of 267

My nordstroms has the three new e/s quads.  The variation is lovely lovely lovely.  Since it is permanent I pointed it out to my daughter for when they did holiday gift shopping.  Mamma wants THIS one girlhaha.gif

post #240 of 267

are they going to keep all three quads permanent? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Les Expressions de Chanel 2012