or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel - Page 35

post #1021 of 1277

Finally used the quad and I loved it.  I have similiar shades and don't need it, but the shadows are like butter, I think I'm going to keep it. 

 

I love the purple glossimer,  I can't remember the name, but it is my lips but better, with a lil something extra.  I think it is my equivalent to what glamourdaze l/s was to others.

post #1022 of 1277

I have a 10% off discount code for Debenhams that runs out tomorrow, and I'm praying they put up the collection on time! The quad and Star Dust will be mine, and money off would be a bonus flower.gif

post #1023 of 1277

i got notourious and i love it. the pigmentation is scary, but i love it. hahha cheerleader.gif

post #1024 of 1277

I'm also going to join the party again. I got the quad and Malice! The texture of the quad is amazing. I wore it yesterday and I was very pleased that I got it even though I already had similar colours.

post #1025 of 1277

Gorgeous swatches Elegant!  If only I could get my nails to look like yours! heart.gif

post #1026 of 1277

I did a mani/pedi with Malice. I wanted to take pictures, but I have to redo my left hand. I experimented with a different top coat and it doesn't dry fast enough. I have imprints from my clothing on my nails. I hate wasting polish like that. Malice is gorgeous on the nail and the glow in the sunlight is magic. eyelove.gif

post #1027 of 1277

Today I am wearing my brand new Harmonie du Soir shadow palette. yahoo.gif And my new Rose Ecrin blush, which was purchased because my counter was sold out of Star Dust. Of course, I couldn't just wait and go to another counter to buy Star Dust, which I know I'll end up doing anyway. I HAD to have a blush. Rose Ecrin is actually more pigmented on me than I thought it would be. The shadows look gorgeous and I don't even feel overdressed wearing them at the office. (I probably wouldn't have worn Star Dust to the office.)

 

So I'll be going back to get Star Dust and Malice, for certain. Unfortunately, I also saw the Guerlain holiday collection and I know I'm going to want a bunch of things from that as well...

post #1028 of 1277

I'm now the proud owner of my first ever Chanel quad and blush! They are both gorgeous! I'm so excited to try them pompom.gif

post #1029 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

I'm now the proud owner of my first ever Chanel quad and blush! They are both gorgeous! I'm so excited to try them pompom.gif

       i just got my first blush too. we are in trouble now, must stay away from the chanel thread..... 

post #1030 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

       i just got my first blush too. we are in trouble now, must stay away from the chanel thread..... 


But they're so prettyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I "only" had some glossimers, a couple of lippies, and e/s and an e/l before this collection...

But when I swatched Star Dust today I knew I had to have it! It's really well pigmented on me, and the multicoloured sparkle is to die for! And don't even get me started on the quad girlhaha.gif

What blush did you get?

post #1031 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post


But they're so prettyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I "only" had some glossimers, a couple of lippies, and e/s and an e/l before this collection...

But when I swatched Star Dust today I knew I had to have it! It's really well pigmented on me, and the multicoloured sparkle is to die for! And don't even get me started on the quad girlhaha.gif

What blush did you get?

        nocomment.gif

post #1032 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

        nocomment.gif


But I want to know which one :(

(I live vicariously through other people's purchases here on Specktra girlhaha.gif)

post #1033 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


But I want to know which one :(

(I live vicariously through other people's purchases here on Specktra girlhaha.gif)

     oh i got notourious, the no comment was on how you like the quad. i am deciding on getting the guerlain one or this one.

post #1034 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

     oh i got notourious, the no comment was on how you like the quad. i am deciding on getting the guerlain one or this one.

 

Ooh, how are you liking Notorious? I've heard nothing but good things about it on here!

The quad is very pretty, but I don't really have any similar colours to it so it's extra nice to have. I'll have a look for the Guerlain one now :)

post #1035 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:

 

Ooh, how are you liking Notorious? I've heard nothing but good things about it on here!

The quad is very pretty, but I don't really have any similar colours to it so it's extra nice to have. I'll have a look for the Guerlain one now :)

        i love it. its pigmented and perfect. i still have to use it to contour my eyes, but i like it alot under the cheeks. 

post #1036 of 1277

My new Chanel babies th_e2cloud9.gif

 

700

 

700

 

Sparkles th_thstars.gif

 

700

post #1037 of 1277

That blush is pretty up close, Gracie.

post #1038 of 1277

I like the sparkle in Stardust but I'm not sure, I find that the shade looks a bit too pale/bland. Malice is stunning, my perfect red.
 

post #1039 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

     oh i got notourious, the no comment was on how you like the quad. i am deciding on getting the guerlain one or this one.

Where did you get notorious? Purplerinne is doing a cp for me and she tried to order on the chanel.com site, but it got cancelled:( If anybody knows where else notorious is available please let me know!

post #1040 of 1277
Dominique, your definition pretty much sparked my ineterest towards StarDust again! I really want to check it out in person, but we have the euro version on our local counters and I want the US version that's soft and non-baked! Ah, this is a hard decision but I might treat myself on one compulsive evening!
post #1041 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Where did you get notorious? Purplerinne is doing a cp for me and she tried to order on the chanel.com site, but it got cancelled:( If anybody knows where else notorious is available please let me know!

     it was backorder but they would still let you place an order. it was available for some time too, but it sold out again.

post #1042 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladychris11 View Post

Dominique, your definition pretty much sparked my ineterest towards StarDust again! I really want to check it out in person, but we have the euro version on our local counters and I want the US version that's soft and non-baked! Ah, this is a hard decision but I might treat myself on one compulsive evening!

Pinkdollface mentioned " sparkles " oh yes indeed but it's a Chanel blush so it remains very subtle even if it's really different from the other JC I have. I didn't know the US version was not a baked one, well hard decision as you said but I think you can treat yourself on one compulsive evening lol ! Star Dust is perfect for pale complexions I think, mine is medium/fair but I still love it because I love JC blushes ( I have 11 and I love them all ).

Good luck !

post #1043 of 1277

I'm wearing Star Dust for the first time this evening and it's just so beautiful! It's my favourite blush EVER, and I have about 50 now so that's saying something! I'm seriously considering backing it up, but the price is making me hesitate :( If it was MAC prices then I'd probably get 2 more girlhaha.gif

post #1044 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

I did a mani/pedi with Malice. I wanted to take pictures, but I have to redo my left hand. I experimented with a different top coat and it doesn't dry fast enough. I have imprints from my clothing on my nails. I hate wasting polish like that. Malice is gorgeous on the nail and the glow in the sunlight is magic. eyelove.gif

thdrama.gif  My Malice was supposed to arrive yesterday.  When I'd only received one package (Chanel quad/MAC Neutral Eyes Palette & Advanced Brush set) I checked my UPS notice and indicated that the package was delivered.  I called UPS and they said my package was in Alabama, and that I needed to call Nordstrom.  Nordstrom said UPS was causing massive problems by recycling their tracking numbers and the number attached to my package was used a year ago for a package that was in fact shipped to Alabama!  They said I should get my package by Tuesday or Wednesday.  How crazy is that?

 

I hope you'll take pictures when you redo your nails, less the clothing imprints,  girlhaha.gif

post #1045 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

My new Chanel babies th_e2cloud9.gif

 

700

 

700

 

Sparkles th_thstars.gif

 

700

Congrats Gracie...glad you love it.  ENJOY!

post #1046 of 1277

I have around 50 blushes too,  Star Dust is pretty but I also love my other JC blushes esp. Rose Initiale, Tumulte or Espiègle.  Star Dust is some kind of unique, all blushes I have have nothing in common with Star Dust. It's probably the palest and the most beige/rose that I have. It's a must-have I think, it's the first time I saw a limited edition blush for Christmas here, Chanel Holiday collections don't come very often with blushes ( and here 4 new were launched last month : Ultra Rose, Rouge, Malice, Tumulte ), 5 blushes in a few weeks, well never seen that, even if most blushes I quoted were released in the US a few months ago.

post #1047 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I have around 50 blushes too,  Star Dust is pretty but I also love my other JC blushes esp. Rose Initiale, Tumulte or Espiègle.  Star Dust is some kind of unique, all blushes I have have nothing in common with Star Dust. It's probably the palest and the most beige/rose that I have. It's a must-have I think, it's the first time I saw a limited edition blush for Christmas here, Chanel Holiday collections don't come very often with blushes ( and here 4 new were launched last month : Ultra Rose, Rouge, Malice, Tumulte ), 5 blushes in a few weeks, well never seen that, even if most blushes I quoted were released in the US a few months ago.


It's my first JC, and I really love the formula! It's just a great colour for my pale self, and the sparkles are such a pretty addition :)

I'm jealous of all your JCs - I bet it's lovely having lots to choose from!

post #1048 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie90 View Post

Quote:


It's my first JC, and I really love the formula! It's just a great colour for my pale self, and the sparkles are such a pretty addition :)

I'm jealous of all your JCs - I bet it's lovely having lots to choose from!

I am glad you love the formula ( it's a secret from Chanel and it has been a secret for a very long time ! ). A JC blush lasts for ever, that's the legend but it's quite true. The formula does last in time, provided it's kept away from light and wet places. It would be great if you could have some more, maybe Rose Initiale or Rose Ecrin if you want something very soft. Pink Explosion ( 1st European version ) is very soft, a candy pink that suits many carnations.  Ultra Rose, Rouge, Plum Attraction are clearly bolder whereas Espiègle is really very pretty ( soft peachy blush ). I've heard Espiègle would be discontinued in France, well I don't really know more. Orchid Rose is being discontinued.

I also love Tumulte and Malice, both are easy-to wear and beautiful colours.

The palest JC blushes are Espiègle,  Pink Explosion, Rose Ecrin in my opinion and experience.

Enjoy Star Dust, it's a very good choice for a 1st JC blush, there will be others I guess and honestly JC blushes are really very good, I couldn't do without !

post #1049 of 1277

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I am glad you love the formula ( it's a secret from Chanel and it has been a secret for a very long time ! ). A JC blush lasts for ever, that's the legend but it's quite true. The formula does last in time, provided it's kept away from light and wet places. It would be great if you could have some more, maybe Rose Initiale or Rose Ecrin if you want something very soft. Pink Explosion ( 1st European version ) is very soft, a candy pink that suits many carnations.  Ultra Rose, Rouge, Plum Attraction are clearly bolder whereas Espiègle is really very pretty ( soft peachy blush ). I've heard Espiègle would be discontinued in France, well I don't really know more. Orchid Rose is being discontinued.

I also love Tumulte and Malice, both are easy-to wear and beautiful colours.

The palest JC blushes are Espiègle,  Pink Explosion, Rose Ecrin in my opinion and experience.

Enjoy Star Dust, it's a very good choice for a 1st JC blush, there will be others I guess and honestly JC blushes are really very good, I couldn't do without !


Thanks for all the advice, I'll definitely have a look at some swatches now :)

post #1050 of 1277

Got my Star Dust yesterday - truly glittery!
 

Will test maybe today. Just swatched yesterday, and even with a light swatch, I ended up with glitters all over my hand!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel