or Connect
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel - Page 36

post #1051 of 1277

Ordered Star Dust and still cannot decide whether I love it or not because of all that glitter and sparkle. But I guess it lives true to its name - it's a star dust after all-))

post #1052 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface View Post

Where did you get notorious? Purplerinne is doing a cp for me and she tried to order on the chanel.com site, but it got cancelled:( If anybody knows where else notorious is available please let me know!

As far as I know it is still available in Chanel boutique in Toronto, if you are interested I can check it out for you.

post #1053 of 1277

How would Star Dust look on deeper complexions? I'm not sure I want to branch out into Chanel blush. I love my NARS and La Femme blushes, but I'm curious about Star Dust. I've been eyeing Tom Ford blushes, too. ohboy.gif

post #1054 of 1277

I didn't want to waste Malice to redo my left hand (and I didn't feel like doing them over since I'm slow painting my nails), so I took pictures of them as is with clothing imprints.

 

 

700

 

 

700

post #1055 of 1277

Very, very pretty. You and elegant have such nice nails. My nailbeds are wide and flat. :-( Sorry you ruined your manicure. What a PITA!

post #1056 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Very, very pretty. You and elegant have such nice nails. My nailbeds are wide and flat. :-( Sorry you ruined your manicure. What a PITA!


Yeah, I figure I will just live with it until I do my nails over with another shade. I'll get faster as long as do my nails consistently. I love having my nails done. I always feel so grown up and polished (pun intended). Heehee, I was just thinking Malice would be perfect with a certain dress from Anthropologie. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

post #1057 of 1277

You must find an occasion to wear that dress! Challenge yourself. It's too beautiful to hang in the closet. I'm picturing big hair and bold lips. Dooooooooo it!

post #1058 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheburaha View Post

As far as I know it is still available in Chanel boutique in Toronto, if you are interested I can check it out for you.

Thanks, but it might not be necessary anymore! CartoonChic has also contacted me and she's going to try to get it for me:)

post #1059 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique33 View Post

I have around 50 blushes too,  Star Dust is pretty but I also love my other JC blushes esp. Rose Initiale, Tumulte or Espiègle.  Star Dust is some kind of unique, all blushes I have have nothing in common with Star Dust. It's probably the palest and the most beige/rose that I have. It's a must-have I think, it's the first time I saw a limited edition blush for Christmas here, Chanel Holiday collections don't come very often with blushes ( and here 4 new were launched last month : Ultra Rose, Rouge, Malice, Tumulte ), 5 blushes in a few weeks, well never seen that, even if most blushes I quoted were released in the US a few months ago.

I am praying that Rouge comes out here again.  I believe it came out last year and then poofed?  I want it soooo soooo soooo bad

post #1060 of 1277

Rouge was part of Byzance collection ( exclusive to Cambon and Montaigne here ) then it came here. You should have it already, check it out because Byzance or any exclusive collection is first launched in Paris and then in other countries but not in Bordeaux where I live ! It's a very pretty blush but it's really rouge ! Not as M.A.C matte Frankly Scarlet, smoother but not so wearable as the others except if you apply it very very gently on your cheeks.

post #1061 of 1277

It was a Limited Edition.  I am hoping it is repromoted over here.  I totally did not even give it a second thought when Byzance came out.  Actually I was on a make up haitus then as I have so much that I go in cycles of buying then not buying as I wear what I have.  

post #1062 of 1277

I used the Quad this weekend and it was so pretty. While applying it I felt like it was kind of boring and not really showing up well. But when I backed away from the mirror I just looked pretty in a simple and understated way - just the way I like it. I also tried Notorious, but I'm not sure how that turned out. I didn't look bad, but I didn't look chiseled either. I'll try it again when my NARS Ita brush arrives. I happen to have hyperpigmentation right where I would put contour color so I'm not sure how to handle it.

 

Btw, how come no one has told me about NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? My eye shadow looked absolutely flawless at the end of the night. I mean PERFECT. I've only heard people recommend UD's Primer Potion has the HG eye primer. I felt like the NARS made my eye shadow look better. Or perhaps it was the quality of the Chanel shadows. Who knows.

post #1063 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I used the Quad this weekend and it was so pretty. While applying it I felt like it was kind of boring and not really showing up well. But when I backed away from the mirror I just looked pretty in a simple and understated way - just the way I like it. I also tried Notorious, but I'm not sure how that turned out. I didn't look bad, but I didn't look chiseled either. I'll try it again when my NARS Ita brush arrives. I happen to have hyperpigmentation right where I would put contour color so I'm not sure how to handle it.

 

Btw, how come no one has told me about NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? My eye shadow looked absolutely flawless at the end of the night. I mean PERFECT. I've only heard people recommend UD's Primer Potion has the HG eye primer. I felt like the NARS made my eye shadow look better. Or perhaps it was the quality of the Chanel shadows. Who knows.

      i got the urban decay one during their F&F sale and it sucks!! i only used it once, and no more. i just ordered the nars one from beauty.com. some girls were raving about it in the holiday thread and recommended it to me a couple of days ago. i hope it works on me as it did on you! 

post #1064 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I used the Quad this weekend and it was so pretty. While applying it I felt like it was kind of boring and not really showing up well. But when I backed away from the mirror I just looked pretty in a simple and understated way - just the way I like it. I also tried Notorious, but I'm not sure how that turned out. I didn't look bad, but I didn't look chiseled either. I'll try it again when my NARS Ita brush arrives. I happen to have hyperpigmentation right where I would put contour color so I'm not sure how to handle it.

 

Btw, how come no one has told me about NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? My eye shadow looked absolutely flawless at the end of the night. I mean PERFECT. I've only heard people recommend UD's Primer Potion has the HG eye primer. I felt like the NARS made my eye shadow look better. Or perhaps it was the quality of the Chanel shadows. Who knows.


Oops. Sorry! Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is the only primer I've ever tried and used. I love it. My eye shadow lasts an amazingly long time when I wear it. It's also said to be really good for oily lids. It leaves a faint white cast after applying, but it gets covered with your eye shadow so it doesn't matter. I also like the applicator because it's easy to apply the primer where I want it.

post #1065 of 1277

I was too busy watching Youtube and the NARS primer is now sold out on Sephora WTF2.gif and I missed the deadline at Beauty.com for their sale. Ugh!!!

post #1066 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I was too busy watching Youtube and the NARS primer is now sold out on Sephora WTF2.gif and I missed the deadline at Beauty.com for their sale. Ugh!!!


Keep checking on it because it may restock later in the day. That's what happened with the Lip Tar set.

post #1067 of 1277

^^ i was about to mention your experience with the liptars. beauty.com has a lot of codes usually, maybe they have a sale for black friday/ cyber monday too. 

post #1068 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

      i got the urban decay one during their F&F sale and it sucks!! i only used it once, and no more. i just ordered the nars one from beauty.com. some girls were raving about it in the holiday thread and recommended it to me a couple of days ago. i hope it works on me as it did on you! 


I will have to try the NARS base.  Which Urban Decay eye primer did you use?  I tried the original, and it wasn't great.  I just bought the Urban Decay one that is matte (Eden?) and it works great on me -- I just need the tiniest amount.  I had to stop using MAC paint pots because they were too heavy for my lids.  Maybe I will give Nars a try next!

post #1069 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaknits View Post

It was a Limited Edition.  I am hoping it is repromoted over here.  I totally did not even give it a second thought when Byzance came out.  Actually I was on a make up haitus then as I have so much that I go in cycles of buying then not buying as I wear what I have.  

I hope for you, if not feel free to ask via MP.

post #1070 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimibos View Post

^^ i was about to mention your experience with the liptars. beauty.com has a lot of codes usually, maybe they have a sale for black friday/ cyber monday too. 

Oooooh, good call. I can wait. I forgot to wear eye primer today. I hate having so many steps and I was totally late to work. Decided to try stippling technique for the first time. Can't say I'm a fan. My makeup NEVER looks this heavy.

post #1071 of 1277

I thought i would love Star Dust. I really disliked it.  The color didnt show on me... and i'm UBER pale! lol  The sparkle was pretty and different... but it looked as if i only put glitter on my face.  BUT MALICE IS BEAUTIFUL! I have worn it everyday since picking it up.  LOVE IT! 

post #1072 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz2012 View Post

I went shopping in the Netherlands today, and boy was i happy to see that Sephora already had this collection in yahoo.gifWhen i saw the products i rushed to them and immediately started swatching them like a mad woman, two SA's were just looking at me and at each other like 'um okayyyy ..' lol th_crazy2.gif I didn't really care, i've been waiting like forever for this release so hey i have an excuse lol.gif The first thing that catched my eye was the Harmonie du Soir quad. All you ladies that have been raving about this quad, YOU WERE SOOOO RIGHT, when i saw the quad in person i just knew i had to get it right away. Then one of the SA's came to me and she dusted Star Dust over my cheeks. I immediately fell in love with it when i looked in the mirror eyelove.gif Such a beautiful blush for the holidays, although i certainly see myself getting daily use out of this blush as well. The shimmer is just lovely love.gif Last thing i got was Malice nail polish, such a stunning red shade. And even better, there was a '50% off sale on every second makeup product', so i got my Star Dust half price th_DANCE.gifSo happy with my new goodies :)

Which city did you go to? I asked them on FB if the collection was out, and they told me it was. I had a 5 euro off 30 euro purchase coupon that was expiring, and i was hoping to combine it with the 50% off second product sale, but when I went to Amstelveen Sephora they didn't have either Chanel or Guerlain yet. I was so peed off by this (waste of my time) :/  I already bought the Harmonie quad elsewhere, but I'll probably be going back to Sephora this Thursday to pick up Malice and Complice single, and hopefully they'll have Guerlain as well.

post #1073 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha View Post


I will have to try the NARS base.  Which Urban Decay eye primer did you use?  I tried the original, and it wasn't great.  I just bought the Urban Decay one that is matte (Eden?) and it works great on me -- I just need the tiniest amount.  I had to stop using MAC paint pots because they were too heavy for my lids.  Maybe I will give Nars a try next!

       i got eden and a sample of the original. i hate them both. they are too oily. i love mac's nubile paint pot but i dont use it everday cause it was LE and i dont have a BU, but im ok with paint pots. 

post #1074 of 1277

Elegant - you have the most amazing pictures! You could convince me to buy anything w/o trying it in the store. Thank God Chanel doesn't ship to Canada or I'd be broke :D

 

UD primer portion (original) works fine for me though my lids are not oily, I could go w/o primer really I just apply it so my e/s would last over 8 hours. I alternate between that and MAC Painterly p/p. I had a sample of Nars primer and I really liked the texture but not sure if I buy it as it's meant for oilier skin.

 

I'm still undecided about Reverie powder. Those of you guys who bought it, how are you enjoying it? Oh and here's another look with the Chanel holiday quad I thought I share here. I used the taupe shade on lid, cranberry shade in crease, pink shade on inner lid and gold shade to highlight. Excuse my nasty looking brows, my brow appt is tomorrow:

 

 

700

post #1075 of 1277

Beautiful! What are you wearing on your lips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady View Post

Elegant - you have the most amazing pictures! You could convince me to buy anything w/o trying it in the store. Thank God Chanel doesn't ship to Canada or I'd be broke :D

 

UD primer portion (original) works fine for me though my lids are not oily, I could go w/o primer really I just apply it so my e/s would last over 8 hours. I alternate between that and MAC Painterly p/p. I had a sample of Nars primer and I really liked the texture but not sure if I buy it as it's meant for oilier skin.

 

I'm still undecided about Reverie powder. Those of you guys who bought it, how are you enjoying it? Oh and here's another look with the Chanel holiday quad I thought I share here. I used the taupe shade on lid, cranberry shade in crease, pink shade on inner lid and gold shade to highlight. Excuse my nasty looking brows, my brow appt is tomorrow:

 

 

700

post #1076 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

Oooooh, good call. I can wait. I forgot to wear eye primer today. I hate having so many steps and I was totally late to work. Decided to try stippling technique for the first time. Can't say I'm a fan. My makeup NEVER looks this heavy.

If done correctly, stippling shouldn't make your makeup look heavy.  I hope you'll try it again when you have more time.  After I do the tapping/stippling motion I lightly make circles/swirls to enhance blending.

post #1077 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTT View Post

I used the Quad this weekend and it was so pretty. While applying it I felt like it was kind of boring and not really showing up well. But when I backed away from the mirror I just looked pretty in a simple and understated way - just the way I like it. I also tried Notorious, but I'm not sure how that turned out. I didn't look bad, but I didn't look chiseled either. I'll try it again when my NARS Ita brush arrives. I happen to have hyperpigmentation right where I would put contour color so I'm not sure how to handle it.

 

Btw, how come no one has told me about NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base? My eye shadow looked absolutely flawless at the end of the night. I mean PERFECT. I've only heard people recommend UD's Primer Potion has the HG eye primer. I felt like the NARS made my eye shadow look better. Or perhaps it was the quality of the Chanel shadows. Who knows.

I have not yet used my quad!  Any application recommendations in terms of the colors?  I must be the slowest person on the planet when It comes to using products.  I have a massive amount of NEW things that I haven't gotten around to using.  It's just nuts!   

icon_bump.gif

post #1078 of 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medgal07 View Post

If done correctly, stippling shouldn't make your makeup look heavy.  I hope you'll try it again when you have more time.  After I do the tapping/stippling motion I lightly make circles/swirls to enhance blending.

Thanks. I didn't swirl afterward, but considered it. (I saw too many different techniques on Youtube last night. wacko.gif) I also ordered a BeautyBlender so will try that as well. Stippling shows that my foundation is slightly too light so that's part of the problem. I have a heckuva time finding the perfect match for me. I think I'm going to have to add a colored primer to my foundation, but I honestly can't afford an extra step in my routine.

Good news - It did a better job of covering up hyperpigmentation

Bad news - I look a splotchy mess as the foundation is breaking down on my skin now (despite using MUFE HD Primer, foundation, & powder.) It looks cakey and powdery to me.

 

Used the Quad colors again today and despite forgetting to prime no creasing, but some fading. These are really nice fall colours. 

post #1079 of 1277

I can't see the clothing imprints but I do see this gorgeous color and nails to die for!!  pompom.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartoonChic View Post

I didn't want to waste Malice to redo my left hand (and I didn't feel like doing them over since I'm slow painting my nails), so I took pictures of them as is with clothing imprints.

 

 

700

 

 

700

post #1080 of 1277

I know. That pinky nail acts like it's in commercial something trying to be all sparkly. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chanel
Specktra › Welcome to the Specktra Community! › Cosmetic Topics › Cosmetic Discussion › Chanel › Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel